JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I predicted, GOP lost the house.

Kind of surprised they expanded the majority in the Senate.

Can you say 'gridlock'?

Personally, I think that is the best outcome I could imagine; I've made no secret that I don't like Trump, and I have felt that with a GOP majority in both the House and the Senate, he pretty much had a free ticket to make a mess of things. OTOH, if the dems took both the House and the Senate, then they could do bad things too.

For decades, I have said the best that we could hope for in DC is gridlock.

That will probably hold until 2020, and then we'll see what happens. I doubt Trump will get re-elected. Too much resistance now. He may not get renominated either.

As I predicted, GOP lost the house.

Kind of surprised they expanded the majority in the Senate.

Can you say 'gridlock'?

Personally, I think that is the best outcome I could imagine; I've made no secret that I don't like Trump, and I have felt that with a GOP majority in both the House and the Senate, he pretty much had a free ticket to make a mess of things. OTOH, if the dems took both the House and the Senate, then they could do bad things too.

For decades, I have said the best that we could hope for in DC is gridlock.

That will probably hold until 2020, and then we'll see what happens. I doubt Trump will get re-elected. Too much resistance now. He may not get renominated either.

I'm not so sure about that. Even CNN admitted the long awaited "blue wave" didn't happen, and they are disappointed, and still don't get it. 2 years of House control may give Trump a lot of ammunition for 2020. And while I'm not certain of it, I think there is a very good chance he could be re-elected in 2020. The supposed extensive hatred of Trump simply didn't materialize yesterday. Not that many upsets of Republicans and most gains by Dems were in areas they already were expected to win.

No, I don't think this country is as pizzed at Trump as the media would like everyone to believe. The next 2 years should be very interesting to watch. The presidential race starts today. I suspect the Dem ticket is going to be enormous, with folks like Beto, Spartacus, Harris, Warren and others jumping into the race.

Oh the resistance to Trump materialized; there were a lot of close races in Trump territory that should not have been that close. I predict it will only get worse over time - although I can be wrong because now Trump doesn't have a majority in the House (and the Senate was never his plaything).

We'll see. But as I predicted, he lost the House, and that will definitely at least slow him down, and it will probably be gridlock.

Oregonians voted along party lines. There are roughly 10% more registered Democrats than there are Republicans, and that was the difference in most of the polls, on almost every ballot measure, and for every candidate.

Much of this was a referendum on Trump. I just wish he'd shut up sometimes and carry on his business quietly, most of these idiot Occasio-Cortez sympathizers would never even notice what he was doing if it wasn't splashed all over Twitter and re-tweeted by every smarmy little pimple faced "journalist" on the internet.

In Oregon a Democrat super majority plus an anti-gun governor means expect to see a raise in the firearm purchase and possession age to 21, magazine capacity limits and some sort of AWB.

Nick is right. The Dems have a Supermajority, so they can do whatever they want. Which I guess doesn't matter too much, since Kate won...They're going to require we take classes $$$ for our Sporting Rifles I bet. My God, what an insult after shooting safely for so many years.. Anyway, I'm bracing for the worst. And I'll be making my political contributions at year-end here, after we meet with our CPA's.

If there's something you've been eyeing for a while and putting off, It's not a bad idea to go out and buy it now. This time next year may be very different for us.

Last Edited:
So who is really surprised by the election outcomes in WA , OR and Congress? I don't know about you all but I'm still stoked from 2016 and two Supreme Court justice picks (with more to come). So Congress has a Dem majority now? It's just that many more cats for Trump's laser pointer.
I know what I'm not going to do after this election though, riot, cry, whine, set things on fire, break store windows, cover my face with a mask, attend a protest, bad mouth America, etc.
This is America, not yet a third world crap hole (despite the progressives best efforts). Bring on 2020. The left has two years to dig their own graves. I will be the first one in line to whiz on them.

I'm not so sure about that. Even CNN admitted the long awaited "blue wave" didn't happen, and they are disappointed, and still don't get it. 2 years of House control may give Trump a lot of ammunition for 2020. And while I'm not certain of it, I think there is a very good chance he could be re-elected in 2020. The supposed extensive hatred of Trump simply didn't materialize yesterday. Not that many upsets of Republicans and most gains by Dems were in areas they already were expected to win.

No, I don't think this country is as pizzed at Trump as the media would like everyone to believe. The next 2 years should be very interesting to watch. The presidential race starts today. I suspect the Dem ticket is going to be enormous, with folks like Beto, Spartacus, Harris, Warren and others jumping into the race.

Bless you both for showing me the slightest bit of light in the near future.

I didn't watch ANY election coverage last night. It's bad enough that I know a bunch of people that vote democrat, just because they are democrats. I think they watch the election ads and believe them, favoring the democrat ads, because they're democrats. Myself? I feel totally helpless. I can't believe so many people in Oregon believe the state is going in the right direction and didn't need a change?

One thing this election does is more firmly cement our plans to move out of potland by fall 2019. Or as I like to say. "Another nail OUT of the coffin!"

I'm going to crawl back under my rock now.

the federal issues will work out in time, with the dems controlling the house, they will revisit russia 2.0 and try to impeach Trump, they will resist at all costs showing the people they still refuse to legislate for the American people and prove just how worthless they are and ensure Trump 2020

if they should work with Trump it will only show that Trumps policies are STILL working and why mess with what works and it will be Trump 2020

well, nothing i voted for went thru. im glad i wont be seeing any more campaign commercials on my tv or phone. im not very happy about people voting for someone with ZERO chance of winning but, thats how the cookie crumbles. i woke up this morning and got ready for work just like i do any other day. not gonna go throw a fit about it either.

go ahead, "come and take them."

Federally, it was a set back, though I'll take gridlock over some other scenarios. If there are any more SCOTUS picks, there is still a good chance of getting a nominee through said. Though we've seen what they are capable of with the last go around. Reciprocity and the SHARE Act (which contained, among other good things, deregulation of silencers) have no chance of ever seeing the light of day.

Oregon, it was a bloodbath. There is no sugar coating that reality. With the sizable majorities in both the House and Senate, and Kate reelected, nothing can stop them now. The Mrs already found calls for higher taxes on one of the news sites last night. This cycle confirmed my suspicions, as much as I loathe admit it, this state is past the point of no return.

You all got bubblegumed by third party voters. I don't understand how people can be so damn ignorant to be quite honest.

This thought ^^ crossed my mind. What I find hard to comprehend is how the people that live in the dense population centers, (Willamette Valley mostly). Places with the most crime and homeless. Highest taxes/fees/cost of living. Stifling traffic , etc, continue to vote for the status quo?? Makes my head hurt.

This thought ^^ crossed my mind. What I find hard to comprehend is how the people that live in the dense population centers, (Willamette Valley mostly). Places with the most crime and homeless. Highest taxes/fees/cost of living. Stifling traffic , etc, continue to vote for the status quo?? Makes my head hurt.
just goes to show you how much the democrats HATE, they are willing to hurt themselves trying to hurt who they hate

A lot of things these days make my head hurt. Stupidity runs deep my friend keep your powder dry and your head on a swivel.

just goes to show you how much the democrats HATE, they are willing to hurt themselves trying to hurt who they hate

It doesn't make sense. I'm forced with work to be dealing with people that make Multco blue. There's no way I would ever commit a violent act toward anyone except for my own protection, but when I think of these people a vision of a fist in the face crosses my mind.

I am saddened that Brown and her minions won because I can see trouble ahead for our rights. I am not against Republicans and am not unhappy with the outcome last night on a national level. I figure we got the best outcome we could have gotten, gridlock. I do not support Trump because he stands for things I find repulsive ( lying and lack of loyalty are two ). It will be interesting to see how the next two years go.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top