JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to travel to the area for business a few times a year. Last year business took me to some locations that were beyond anything I had ever seen in person. Picture scenes from The Walking Dead, mixed with The Last of Us with a smattering of How it Ends...it's slightly worse. For the average person that goes to typical locations, it is simply unimaginable.

Until they remodeled last year, Oakland Airport had a sign that read to the effect, "Oakland, voted #1 travel destination." For the Purge??? Have a picture of that somewhere.
I was in Oakland last year for work for a month and it was just like your saying and I was blown away......fast forward to yesterday and I'm in PA for a month. I was tasked with visiting wet markets in down town Philly the last 3 days. This is a whole different kind of bad! Zombies walk the streets on Kensington during the day, Lehigh area looks like a landfill! I can't even continue to explain the conditions......there are no words!

The insidious "California Culture (west coasters etc.) has spread like a blob to infect most if not all of the USA. Politics has little to do with the cancerous growth of the population to the sparsely populated states seeking some fantasy of 'quality of life' displacing the local population. Just another example of "the inmates running the institution"! And it's coming to your "fantasy".

The insidious "California Culture (west coasters etc.) has spread like a blob to infect most if not all of the USA. Politics has little to do with the cancerous growth of the population to the sparsely populated states seeking some fantasy of 'quality of life' displacing the local population. Just another example of "the inmates running the institution"! And it's coming to your "fantasy".
Politics has everything to do with the cancer that is growing in our country!

I had to see the shrink after taking a MMPI. I had taken so many while I was on the road working at nuclear power plants that I flat lined it.

Supposedly you are above the line or below the line on certain questions. As long as you don't fall outside the line too many times, you are fine. Actually the line is two parallel lines set a certain distance apart.

I never even touched the lines which isn't supposed to happen. The shrink and I had a nice conversation and I was cleared to go. SUCKERS.;)
I've heard the test is considered invalid if you've taken it more than once. Works different for nuke road warriors. It's supposed to tell if you're crazy enough to work there!

Not recently, but years ago, several contract techs were asked by the shrink why they kept jumping from job to job. :D

You have some good points with folks wanting the best of both worlds. "I want all the good stuff of my new state but I also want to bring some other things with me." Meaning, I want higher levels of service for police, fire, schools...which come at a cost. The local populations are good with the current levels of service and do not want tax increases, fair. But when some (I can't guess the percentage) hear they moved to an area where the fire department is volunteer and the police department closes down from 2 am to 6 am, they freak out.

For some of us transplants (guilty, 10+ years now) it is not "some fantasy of quality of life" but truly a MASSIVE improvement in our quality of life. I accept the culture where I am and try to assimilate as best as I can. My (gun loving, 'Merican friends) who are moving to other states seem to be doing the same. We vote like our neighbors, don't rely on the government, and try to be self sufficient, not voting to increase our neighbor's taxes. We did the same in say, Cali, but it is politics that are messing things up (let's focus on what this forum is about, guns) our group is not voting for laws or politicians that destroyed the 2A in Cali, it's people of other politics. Just like in OR and WA at the moment.
Politics has everything to do with the cancer that is growing in our country!
Hard to disagree with that when it comes to our rights, such as the ones we value on this forum. There are politicians on every side that are not on our side.

I am really curious what that psych exam is supposed to tell you. Psych is a field where being in the same room for a minute tells you more than the questionnaires. Over the phone I have to let conversations drift to find the issues.

And just because this is a "Cali" thread, how about the gem from their governor regarding the likely pro 2A rulings from Saint Judge Benitez:

Newsom fired off at the judges, who decided that the law violated the Second Amendment, calling them "zealots" who are "hellbent on a deranged vision of guns for all."

Hellbent on a deranged vision of guns for all. Ummmmm, I believe that was actually the Founding Father's vision. Yet another example to show how detached the anti-gun side is with reality.

And just because this is a "Cali" thread, how about the gem from their governor regarding the likely pro 2A rulings from Saint Judge Benitez:

Newsom fired off at the judges, who decided that the law violated the Second Amendment, calling them "zealots" who are "hellbent on a deranged vision of guns for all."

Hellbent on a deranged vision of guns for all. Ummmmm, I believe that was actually the Founding Father's vision. Yet another example to show how detached the anti-gun side is with reality.
More, he's telling Californians, they can't be trusted. Hmm. Not too far off reality. The state that prides themselves on education and progressive thinking can't be trusted with the minimum self control 99% of gun owning Americans have.

The big problem is, a lot of California agrees with that garbage. It's such a bizarre place.

More, he's telling Californians, they can't be trusted. Hmm. Not too far off reality. The state that prides themselves on education and progressive thinking can't be trusted with the minimum self control 99% of gun owning Americans have.

The big problem is, a lot of California agrees with that garbage. It's such a bizarre place.
They had the opportunity to get rid of him, they chose not to. Hard to empathize with that, they must like it.

Apparently psych exams are only required in Alameda County CA, and from what I hear, Hawaii, now that they've been forced off discretionary issuance by SCOTUS. Maybe coming to a state near you.

I am really curious what that psych exam is supposed to tell you.
The real function of the psych exams in this case is to create a legal barrier to getting the permit. The court has ruled that local governments cannot deny carry permits just because, but must issue them under given conditions. So the states make rules for the local governments that are so onerous as to have the same effect as denial.

In the case at hand, these days I'd have a hard time passing the "apple, cup and table" part.

Apparently psych exams are only required in Alameda County CA, and from what I hear, Hawaii, now that they've been forced off discretionary issuance by SCOTUS. Maybe coming to a state near you.
It is in other locations as well. Late last year the LA County Sheriff (who was not reelected) passed the process of CCW's back to the individual cities. Some are apparently requiring Psych evals. The costs for permits are staggering, $700 - 1,000 for the initial permit, plus the class that can be upwards $250. calguns forum has threads on this. Good news it appears some are doing away with the need for this.

If it is legal to require passing a psych exam to exercise a constitutional right, then everyone in CA should be required to pass one before they are allowed to vote.
This would turn CA politics upside down. LOL

October will be 30 years for me. IMO, OR is worse than CA was back then.
93? probably so. There was a mac 11a1 in the gun store I bought my 10/22 in in '93 in central California. Got my SKS that year too with no BGC. Rifles required no BGC from private parties. By the time I was 14 in California I had 5 guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top