JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clueless response. A bolt action rifle is perfectly legal to own, sell and transfer in Washington. But then. You'd have you know what you're talking about.
Go ahead and keep having your tantrum. It's been going your way, right?

Boohoo, whine bubblegum and whine some more. Might as well shake your first at the sky while you're at it

@DennyG , it's important that you, and anyone else that was refused by a supplier to call and/or email any one of the groups bringing lawsuits against these new laws. Your experience demonstrates damages and can be used to help get those overturned, or at least an injunction started. Don't just be mad, do something about it.
Just disappointed when a company who's business is firearms, voluntarily imposes a complete ban. Yes, I will shop elsewhere. Yes, I've been involved in attempts to repeal 1639 in Washington, testified in the legislature, lobbied every state senator's and representatives office. Contributed to the defense of ffls the state has gone after, volunteered/ helped organize pro second amendment function and more. But judging by this groups response... I'm done. I more than enough for my lifetime . I'm supposed no one see the danger of this. So, you guys are on your own....

Just disappointed when a company who's business is firearms, voluntarily imposes a complete ban. Yes, I will shop elsewhere. Yes, I've been involved in attempts to repeal 1639 in Washington, testified in the legislature, lobbied every state senator's and representatives office. Contributed to the defense of ffls the state has gone after, volunteered/ helped organize pro second amendment function and more. But judging by this groups response... I'm done. I more than enough for my lifetime . I'm supposed no one see the danger of this. So, you guys are on your own....
Yet you seem completely oblivious to SB5078, which is what's ACTUALLY causing your temper tantrum.

@DennyG , it's important that you, and anyone else that was refused by a supplier to call and/or email any one of the groups bringing lawsuits against these new laws. Your experience demonstrates damages and can be used to help get those overturned, or at least an injunction started. Don't just be mad, do something about it.

Yet you seem completely oblivious to SB5078, which is what's ACTUALLY causing your temper tantrum.
Actually, no.. no one is in violation of section 1-6 by selling a bolt action firearm, legally to a lawful buyer. The law describes what is a violation, straw purchases, part to convert legal firearms into illegal firearms. Etc... It doesn't effect most legal transactions.

Actually, no.. no one is in violation of section 1-6 by selling a bolt action firearm, legally to a lawful buyer. The law describes what is a violation, straw purchases, part to convert legal firearms into illegal firearms. Etc... It doesn't effect most legal transactions.
Actually, yes. They aren't going to risk (there's that word again!) their business to sell some jackwad anything that in their mind, could end up getting them sued by the state. Right or wrong, just fighting it risks (gasp!) putting themselves out of business.

@DennyG
Have you actually read the new ordinance?
33 (4) A firearm industry member shall establish, implement, and
34 enforce reasonable controls regarding its manufacture, sale,
35 distribution, importing, use, and marketing of firearm industry
products.36
37 (5) A firearm industry member shall take reasonable precautions
38 to ensure the firearm industry member does not sell or distribute a
39 firearm industry product to a downstream distributor or retailer of
1 firearm industry products that fails to establish and implement
reasonable controls.2
3 (6) A firearm industry member shall not manufacture, distribute,
4 import, market, offer for wholesale, or offer for retail sale a
firearm industry product that is:5
6 (a) Designed, sold, or marketed in a manner that foreseeably
7 promotes conversion of legal firearm industry products into illegal
firearm industry products; or8
9 (b) Designed, sold, or marketed in a manner that is targeted at
10 minors or individuals who are legally prohibited from purchasing or
possessing firear

Actually, yes. They aren't going to risk (there's that word again!) their business to sell some jackwad anything that in their mind, could end up getting them sued by the state. Right or wrong, just fighting it risks (gasp!) putting themselves out of business.
He doesn't understand business risk as he signs the back of checks.

Let's dial this back a notch. OP got beat up plenty. Constructive or just don't post ok?
Yeah..I really don't get it. Just a few months ago all these NWFA old timers were rightfully calling out companies that were refusing to ship to Oregon after 114 passed.

Now this OP reasonably calls out a company that wont ship anything, all ya'll excoriate him.

Ya sound like a bunch of crabby women in a hair salon that have known each other too long and a new girl walks in..

What happened to this forum?

Be kind.

Yeah..I really don't get it. Just a few months ago all these NWFA old timers were rightfully calling out companies that were refusing to ship to Oregon after 114 passed.

Now this OP reasonably calls out a company that wont ship anything, all ya'll excoriate him.

I legitimately don't get it. Do people think that these companies have an evil plan to NOT sell guns and accessories to as many people as possible?

No, someone at some level made a business decision based on the bubblegumty laws that your state enacted.

I legitimately don't get it. Do people think that these companies have an evil plan to NOT sell guns and accessories to as many people as possible?

No, someone at some level made a business decision based on the bubblegumty laws that your state enacted.
That is exactly the information lawyers need in order to pursue lawsuits. Making new laws that are a minefield to navigate has unintended consequences that harm the citizens of the state. Brownells refusal to sell ANY magazines to Oregon was one of the key components of the TRO.

I know I'm beating the same drum here, but it really is important to do more than just be PO'd and complain. You have to actually do something if you want anyone to take any action. Even politicians will tell you that they don't see the light until someone turns up the heat.

I just tried to purchase a Savage 110 precision BOLT ACTION rifle online from Grab-A-Gun. The order was rejected with a note that it couldn't be shipped to Washington State. I requested and received a call from the company.
I was told that Grab-A-Gun has suspended all orders both firearms and non-firearms to Washington State. They said although legal, the management there thought our laws were too liquid. I pointed out that was a pretty anti second amendment approach for a company that sells firearms.
I would just order it from Sportsman's Warehouse and pick it up in Gig Harbor. SW has it available.

@DennyG
products.36
reasonable controls.2
possessing firear
Clear as mud, right.

This is exactly what democrat-owned WA wants: stop the sale of firearms in WA through obtuse and confusing legislation, shut down all firearm-related industries, and make most firearms illegal. If this legislation isn't overturned they have succeeded.

It has absolutely nothing to do "safe, common-sense gun laws".

Didn't we go through this with PSA a few months ago? And some local FFLs in the last year?

OP, I understand you don't like the decision Grab-A-Gun has made. And it's your right to not like it.

But it's easy to criticize a business like this when we aren't paying their legal bills, and when it isn't our bubblegum in the sling if the WA AG decided to go after them for one thing or another.

Sometimes we, as consumers, are very brave and resolute with other peoples' businesses. Maybe they are indeed being overly-cautious. But I would imagine the owner of Grab-A-Gun didn't sit around last weekend thinking, "You know, I hate making money! So I know what ima gonna do. I'm going to start pissing off people in Washington State and refusing to take their money. That'll show 'em!"

Good or bad, they have their reason(s) for not shipping to WA right now. Direct blame to where it really belongs: your local politicians.

@DennyG
products.36
reasonable controls.2
possessing firear
To summarize, this new law (SB-5078) opens up any firearm-related business to audit and penalty by the WA Attorney General. As an example of how insane it is for those in the gun industry, it holds them accountable for not just THEIR advertising, but that of ALL products they sell. For example if Magpul produces an advertisement the WA AG doesn't like, they can go after any company selling that Magpul product on the basis of the retailer "not exercising reasonable controls over what they sell and how it's marketed". In other words, it's open season on anyone in the firearm industry if they choose to continue doing business in the state. It sucks, I get you're upset, but they aren't obligated to take it in the shorts just because their business happens to serve the 2A community.

In all fairness to the OP, this has been an issue long before 5078 and 1240. Midway would not ship a baseplate for a single stack 7 round magazine to WA state. That was long ago. Grab A Gun refused to ship any ammunition to WA long before 5078. No laws at the time or now prohibit either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top