JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It does blow the mind that a person is more likely to die in a vehicle (car, plane, boat, motorcycle, bicycle, etc.) or of an illness than to be the victim of a shooter like this. One person with a stolen AR kills two people (which is tragic) but hundreds of thousands of AR owners and AK owners across the country killed nobody yesterday, today, or tomorrow. The percentages are so low but it is such an emotional topic for these idiots who think that bans work (how'd the 18th Amendment work out for them, eh?). But they can't see the forest for the trees.

Since all of the facts support MORE guns in the hands of MORE law-abiding citizens, we know that Mrs. Burdick and the drones who support her are merely emotional and drawing conclusions only upon her fear of firearms and her cringing thoughts of the crazy people who wield them.

Emotion is a very strong force.

I don't know how he'll ban clips.. They're just little bent strips of metal.. But I'm happy he's not going after magazines!

I think its foolish when they immediately go after "high cap mags" after a shooting when less than the amount of rounds fired actually effects the number of people shot. If anything handguns have the highest murder rate attached to them and even then its all under 10 rounds.

I believe those that commit mass missings and shootings have a propensity to do that sort of evil action with or without a firearm. If he didn't do it with a firearm he would have harmed someone somewhere with something else down the road in life. They're only putting a temporary fix (if you can even call it that) on a much much larger problem.. That will only occur again and again in our life times.

MAGAZINE BAN COMING

Bill Drafted a while ago, but why not use a tragedy like the CTC shooting to push it though! Please write your reps, and respectfully ask that they do not infringe on our rights!

Yes it is only asking to ban Mags but what is next?

Merged with this thread.

Atleast we can still use our mags and glad I dont own any firearms that use a "clip" well yet.... Oh wait this is for oregon not me...

Sorry folks you gotta deal with this nut job she even looks ignorant in the pic totally confused and dumbfounded looking maybe they could of pick'd a better pic or does she always look like that?

Its really sad to see crooked ppl like her using this sort of tragedy to try and further her own personal agenda. She came out at it wayyy to fast! It has not even been 24 hours. She was probably tickled silly when this happened so she could use ppls fear and emotions to support her. Sounds like something a CRIMINAL would do!

Oregon lawmaker launches effort to ban high-capacity gun clips in wake of shootings
Clackamas Town Center shooting: Oregon lawmaker launches effort to ban high-capacity gun clips in wake of shootings | OregonLive.com

We need to remind these tool bags that banning high cap mags don't make them go away and I don't care if they feel an ordinary citizen doesn't need them. We use them in a lawful manner, they need mind their own business.

Burdick: Azz-Monkey fool. "Never let a good crisis go to waste". Rahm Immanual. Obama croney and clownmayor of Chicago. Birds of a feather co-opt reason together. If we expect logic and reason from this crowd, we decieve ourselves.

Just another dirt bag politician trying to make a name for themselves using this tragedy to get their name out there.

Funny thing is, banning anything won't stop this. Criminals will not follow the law, HELLO!?!

The solution is for people to be allowed to openly carry their own rifles slung across their back.

You don't see these shootings happen at heavily armed locations....

It does blow the mind that a person is more likely to die in a vehicle (car, plane, boat, motorcycle, bicycle, etc.) or of an illness than to be the victim of a shooter like this. One person with a stolen AR kills two people (which is tragic) but hundreds of thousands of AR owners and AK owners across the country killed nobody yesterday, today, or tomorrow. The percentages are so low but it is such an emotional topic for these idiots who think that bans work (how'd the 18th Amendment work out for them, eh?). But they can't see the forest for the trees.
Ditto. People on both sides of the fence are getting too emotional about this incident.

The Portland metro area has 2,200,000 people in it. When any sample size gets that large, you're going to have some statistical anomalies. But we should take these events at their face value: isolated incidents that will occur despite our best efforts to prevent them.

Am I going to avoid malls, or tell people I know to avoid them? Absolutely not. Will I strap GPS ankle monitors to my kids so I they can't leave my vicinity in a public setting? Don't be silly. If the shooter embeds a sense of fear or paranoia inside you, he's accomplished his primary mission (committing murder was secondary).

With a death toll of 2 what does mag cap have to do with anything? You could kill 2 people in a crowd of unarmed sheeple with a 6-shot revolver. Wait a minute - we're dealing with liberals so facts are irrelevant. Never mind.

With a death toll of 2 what does mag cap have to do with anything? You could kill 2 people in a crowd of unarmed sheeple with a 6-shot revolver. Wait a minute - we're dealing with liberals so facts are irrelevant. Never mind. :s0077:

"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds."

- William B. Ruger

I would guess this would be the position of many of the good folks in the liberal gun club. In my opinion any future gun control measures in the foreseeable future will pertain to magazine capacity and not have anything to do with firearms themselves. But in reality I just don't see any new gun control laws being passed anytime soon.

I liked the Oregonian article that equated AR15 rifles using the same "High Powered" cartridges as an M16. Obviously they never read anything about poodle shooters.

I was amazed at how few were reported as injured in this instance. I was sure it would turn out to be a disgruntled ex shooting rather than a random shooter/suicide looking at the initial reports.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top