JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I liked the Oregonian article that equated AR15 rifles using the same "High Powered" cartridges as an M16. Obviously they never read anything about poodle shooters.
Wonder what they'd think if someone used a Mosin Carbine. Only 5 shots and bolt action but with a .311 round (7.62x54R) and the power it has it can cause some serious damage. Or an SK.

She's a moonbat and resubmits her wretched draconian gun bills every year, and every year they are ignored. She was on 1190 KEX this afternoon spewing absolute garbage about 50-round clips and how so many mass shootings were stopped when the shooter stopped to reload (say whuuu???).
Fortunately they had Kevin Starrett (head of OFF) on after her to set the record straight for listeners who don't have the mental capacity to see through her drivel. I just don't understand how she gets reelected over and over again. She's the crazy cat-lady of the Oregon senate.
11698270-small.jpg

She gets relected by all of the koolaid drinking demoncrats out there voting for her. :nuts: It's a shame that we in Oregon can't get decent elected officals into office.

She's a moonbat and resubmits her wretched draconian gun bills every year, and every year they are ignored. She was on 1190 KEX this afternoon spewing absolute garbage about 50-round clips and how so many mass shootings were stopped when the shooter stopped to reload (say whuuu???).
Fortunately they had Kevin Starrett (head of OFF) on after her to set the record straight for listeners who don't have the mental capacity to see through her drivel. I just don't understand how she gets reelected over and over again. She's the crazy cat-lady of the Oregon senate.
11698270-small.jpg

Just saw this on 12 new app
SALEM, OR (KPTV)—An Oregon state senator is proposing a bill that could put new restrictions on gun and ammo sales.

Sen. Ginny Burdick sent an email to colleagues in the House and Senate outlining her proposal in the wake of the Clackamas Town Center shooting.

She said the ability of Jacob Roberts to fire off numerous shots from his AR-15 rifle cannot be ignored.

"This terrifying situation exemplifies the danger of large capacity magazines in our community," states the email, which was forwarded to FOX 12 by Burdick. "Large capacity magazines can dramatically increase death tolls and have no legitimate place in our neighborhoods."

Burdick said even hunters are restricted from using large capacity magazines.

Her proposal, which was drafted for pre-session filing for the 2013 legislative session, creates a crime of knowingly selling or transferring large capacity magazines. Specifically, it would prohibit gun magazines with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

The concept creates and exemption for law enforcement and military personnel, according to Burdick.

The penalty for breaking the law would be $6,250 in fines, one year in prison or both.

Every time I hear the name, "Ginny Burdick", I think of the usefulness of "breast" on boar... or lack thereof.

I just took a look at the Liberal Gun Club's news forum. Most all of the member posts there look just like the posts I've been seeing here and on other gun blogs. I didn't see anything on their site that indicated a political stand one way or another on Burdick's anti-high cap magazine proposal. Burdick will get her 15 minutes of face time for the cameras, and then we'll all go right back to buying and shooting with any size magazine we want.

I just took a look at the Liberal Gun Club's news forum. Most all of the member posts there look just like the posts I've been seeing here and on other gun blogs. I didn't see anything on their site that indicated a political stand one way or another on Burdick's anti-high cap magazine proposal. Burdick will get her 15 minutes of face time for the cameras, and then we'll all go right back to buying and shooting with any size magazine we want.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but this is a member of the democratic party. It's their member, it's their view. If they disagreed with major platform views, then they'd be independent. I find myself identifying with many parts of the republican platform, as well as most of the libertarian platform, and even some of the democratic views. But since each have their parts I find completely disagreeable, I will remain independent. I know some people will not think its fair to equate all democrats with this "interesting" lady, but hey, it's your party...

Yeah, I'm sorry, but this is a member of the democratic party. It's their member, it's their view. If they disagreed with major platform views, then they'd be independent. I find myself identifying with many parts of the republican platform, as well as most of the libertarian platform, and even some of the democratic views. But since each have their parts I find completely disagreeable, I will remain independent. I know some people will not think its fair to equate all democrats with this "interesting" lady, but hey, it's your party...
I wish I could support a party based entirely on its platform. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Idiotic gun control laws are a non-starter and only work to alienate me.

I wish I could support a party based entirely on its platform. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Idiotic gun control laws are a non-starter and only work to alienate me.

I don't support either party, because each has ideals that I find unacceptable. That being said, I don't understand how any person who says they fully support the 2nd amendment could be a liberal. I understand that they could support certain liberal ideals, but why aren't they independent? Every time we have a tragic shooting in this country (all too often these days it seems), the first thing out of liberals mouths is to blame inanimate objects rather than the idiot wielding the inanimate object...

Link: http://www.kptv.com/story/20331776/state-senator-proposes-ban-on-high-capacity-gun-magazines

As far as I'm concerned, we can talk about banning guns/magazines after we've banned cheese burgers. I'm tired of obese Americans abusing saturated fats. It's time to take a stand! Who's with me?

Useful stats: Page 5: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr60/nvsr60_03.pdf. It says I'm going to die of Parkinsons before I will die from a gun shot. 1 in 4 will die from heart disease. But less than 1/2 of 1% will die from gunshot in Oregon.

I don't support either party, because each has ideals that I find unacceptable. That being said, I don't understand how any person who says they fully support the 2nd amendment could be a liberal. I understand that they could support certain liberal ideals, but why aren't they independent? Every time we have a tragic shooting in this country (all too often these days it seems), the first thing out of liberals mouths is to blame inanimate objects rather than the idiot wielding the inanimate object...

I completely agree with you on this.

So I logged into Facebook for the first time in four months today (as an aside, I don't like Facebook at all for a variety of reasons, but I had to look up some event information).

I scrolled through my "News Feed" and found a comment from a friend who wished the AWB was still in effect so the CTC shooting could have been prevented. Here is a screen shot of our conversation (I'm the 6th comment to the post):

exUJb.jpg

Like any highly visible public shooting, the incident at CTC will bring about the usual calls for firearms bans and legislation.

My take away message to everyone here is that you refrain from four-letter words when discussing your point, and use facts to disarm your opponents. Too often we're painted as people who are emotionally attached to our positions, but when confronted with hard numbers, your opposition can't provide any valid data to support their firearms bans or legislation.

Link: http://www.kptv.com/story/20331776/state-senator-proposes-ban-on-high-capacity-gun-magazines

As far as I'm concerned, we can talk about banning guns/magazines after we've banned cheese burgers. I'm tired of obese Americans abusing saturated fats. It's time to take a stand! Who's with me?

Useful stats: Page 5: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr60/nvsr60_03.pdf. It says I'm going to die of Parkinsons before I will die from a gun shot. 1 in 4 will die from heart disease. But less than 1/2 of 1% will die from gunshot in Oregon.

Go after trans fats first. They were the answer to saturated fats. Until they were blamed as bad themselves. :)

This is the response of people who don't understand the issues or people who are just plain crazy on the subject.

I'm curious how many times this woman has been reached out to by the gun community for some range time, some education and a totally non-confrontational conversation on the subject?

I think we as gun rights people are really failing in this regard. I think an awful lot of people could be brought to a more reasonable POV if we simply reached out to them in a friendly, non-confrontational way.

Time for me to send out some letters to legislators. I keep waiting for GOAL, NRA, SAF and the rest to do it for me. Screw it, I'm gonna send a nice letter to Senator Klein tomorrow. Can't hurt, might help.

See my posts on the other thread. (This is the third one on this).

Someone who is NOT a rabid jerk-wad needs to take this lady out to the range and demonstrate an emergency reload with both a revolver/speed-loader and a magazine-fed weapon. I'm not a revolver guy, but I've practiced enough with a speed loader to impress a novice. As for any magazine-fed weapon, I'll reload in well under a second.

They should also introduce her to the FBI report in 2004 on semi-automatic weapons to congress. In which they said UNDER OATH THAT THEY COULD FIND "NO RELATION" between magazine size and numbers of people injured or shots fired.

This issue has been studied to death. Magazine size has nothing to do with anything. And if it DID, California should have low numbers of homicides. -SURPRISE, it does NOT.

What blows me away....everytime there is a shooting some yahoo wants to ban guns, magazines, tax firearm purchases, etc...but vehicles kills more people every year. Let's use the same thinking and ban all vehicles....it just doesn't make sense to a normal person.

What blows me away....everytime there is a shooting some yahoo wants to ban guns, magazines, tax firearm purchases, etc...but vehicles kills more people every year. Let's use the same thinking and ban all vehicles....it just doesn't make sense to a normal person.

Why on earth are you equivocating the PRIVILEGE of driving a rpivately owned vehicle on a public road with the right of firearms possession?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top