JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pharmacist make bank, like starting at $150k, especially in a small town like Roseburg. To be a pharmacist, you have a four year degree, plus a pharmacy degree. I'm ok sounding like a jerk, but this don't smell right AFT. BTW, please keep my dog out of it.
A pharmacist can make bank, but you might be surprised. It really depends on where you work, and if you have any specialty pharmacy practice (like pediatric pharmacy). Some pharmacists can make as little as $50K/year.

All of that said, I agree. Something about this thread is 'off'. Pharmacist hocks $4,000 worth of guns, and ends up paying five-figures in interests over three years?? And someone smart enough to get a pharmacy degree doesn't know how to manage this matter? Or has to hock his guns in the first place??

If you're legit OP, then I feel bad for you. But you need to understand that your circumstance sounds...unusual. Almost suspiciously so.

A pharmacist can make bank, but you might be surprised. It really depends on where you work, and if you have any specialty pharmacy practice (like pediatric pharmacy). Some pharmacists can make as little as $50K/year.
I have to hope anyone making 50K a year doing this is some kind of tech, not a licensed pharmacist. Its 6 or 7 years of school to get to be a pharmacist. So one making 50K a year would be making less money than the payment on the loans to go to school. They (actual pharmacists) make big money because its damn near like becoming a Doc. I have to suspect a LOT of people who work with a pharmacist as some kind of "tech" are calling themselves a pharmacists due to working with them.

English is obviously not this guys first language. He sounds like a translate bot. Nothing about the story makes any sense at all in any way.
My cats are scared I have a shotgun????
Seriously…
He starts out with I have nothing my cats are scared. Then it's well I do have a shotgun!!!
Uh ok joker. Use it.
Pharmacist? That types like you do? Uh no. Simply no. You are a liar. Period

English is obviously not this guys first language. He sounds like a translate bot. Nothing about the story makes any sense at all in any way.
My cats are scared I have a shotgun????
Seriously…
He starts out with I have nothing my cats are scared. Then it's well I do have a shotgun!!!
Uh ok joker. Use it.
Pharmacist? That types like you do? Uh no. Simply no. You are a liar. Period
Also, if he's in an area that he's can shoot a shotgun, he's also likely in a nice home, and should be able to afford a new gun.

Lucky you, only a bobcat to worry about. My place has visits from time to time from bears, mt lions, coyotes, and feral dogs. A mt lion even entered the sanctuary of a local church and hung out behind the altar...
Is it legal to just pop a bobcat? Aren't they some sort of "protected" species requiring a special license to hunt? Or a case of "Shoot it, shovel it, shut it"?... Knowing what I might do in similar case is probably irrelevant, but maybe Animal Control can help? Or try some bear strength pepper spray. And quit feeding the cats outside. That will keep a lot of vermin away, as I have personally discovered.

Last Edited:
BGC 'slow downs' did not occur much before Nov 2022. You claimed you've been having problems since 2020? back in what we now wistfully call 'the good old days'? Sorry dude, if this is true, you've got more wrong with your record than your saying. And how you're record could have something that wrong with it and still maintain your Rx credentials and license is beyond me.
Why is it you have 3 outdoor cat's that are not supposed to come inside? Just who exactly is keeping them outside?
Down in Southern Oregon I'm sure you have friends and neighbors who can help you deal with predators. No questions asked. Folks around your parts know how to deal with vermin. 4 or 2 legged.
You live in Roseburg, as do a few of our honorable and upright members of the forum (koff-koff). why not just mention the name of this pawn shop so locals may relate? If this 'supposedly' licensed pawn shop that's fleecing you exists, i'm sure others would benefit by knowing its name so as to avoid it like the plague. Perhaps someone may even have done business with, or knows the owners and can comment on their character?
This really sounds more like a social media type scam where the poster is hoping someone will send the $$ to save the cats than a real situation. Not saying it's not true, but it sounds like it.

Lucky you, only a bobcat to worry about. My place has visits from time to time from bears, mt lions, coyotes, and feral dogs.
Throw in some wolves and an occasional grizz and this sounds just like home!

I get the feeling our OP is not getting the sympathetic responses he/she/it was hoping for. Come on, folks! Let's dial up the empathy levels a bit. After all, it's for the kittys! :rolleyes:

If you are in Oregon I know that if you owe back tax's or dmv fines they can keep you from purchasing firearms it will hold up you're background check it happened to my uncle they denied him over owed taxes see if you owe fines or tax's to the state or federally.that's all I got god luck

Throw in some wolves and an occasional grizz and this sounds just like home!

I get the feeling our OP is not getting the sympathetic responses he/she/it was hoping for. Come on, folks! Let's dial up the empathy levels a bit. After all, it's for the kittys! :rolleyes:
You're right, I definitely want to take care of the pussies.

OP last seen Sunday....Four hours after they started this thread.

1683639661369.png

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR