JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pharmacists tend to do okay.
Pharmacist pawning things means other things are happening.
Maybe not quite late night bay area rest stop hole in the stall wall encounters.
But... something...

"getting my guns back"

Ive heard playing country music backwards sometimes does the trick. At least for pickup trucks and dogs anyways...

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

They really weren't, I certainly didn't pay anywhere near 30k when I bought them
Then damn dude there comes a time to cut your losses. I have a lot of "stuff" I love but, if something is worth say 1K, and storage is going to cost multiple times that? I let it go. Can buy another later. I have sold stuff at a large loss because I had to get rid of it. Given a choice of sell it for cents on the dollar or pay more than it cost to store it? I would take the hit and have. Later can always buy it again.

Have you laid eyes on your firearms since you pawned them? Reason I ask is they may have just sold them. Happens more often then you want to believe.

Request a complete copy of your DMV Record and as already suggested call OSP and request an explanation of the hold up of your background check. It will take time for a response but OSP will eventually respond. I sold a firearm to a friend in 2020, also a professional and subject to state required background checks. After six months of waiting he finally learned he had a DWS conviction in 1972 that the State couldn't determine was a felony or misdemeanor and so they stalled his approval. Once he submitted his full DMV record showing it was a misdemeanor he was approved in two weeks.

Then damn dude there comes a time to cut your losses. I have a lot of "stuff" I love but, if something is worth say 1K, and storage is going to cost multiple times that? I let it go. Can buy another later. I have sold stuff at a large loss because I had to get rid of it. Given a choice of sell it for cents on the dollar or pay more than it cost to store it? I would take the hit and have. Later can always buy it again.
Guess I had enough income that I failed to worry about getting rid of my stuff...

call the state police back ground check office and get it figured out, never heard of a background check being "paused", approved, delayed, and denied are the only responses I have ever heard of. one phone call and the police will tell you what needs to be done to clear up any issue with the BGC not being completed

You are a cash cow, of course your background check keeps getting paused.
If all is taken at face value, that is my thought. The pawn shop is taking you for a ride. Your BCG is long LONG since dead, they would be aware of that and failure to have you start a new one should have been a red flag they were hustling you.

I would contact OSP directly (or whatever authority was tasked to perform the BGC) to discover the actual disposition and dates (if those records even still exist). Armed with that info... get an attorney. Force the shop to initiate a new BGC, release your firearms... and then sue them for all back interest paid.

If your record is as clean as you say and there is in fact no issue passing a BGC the withholding was fraudulent.

I'm a bit suspicious about the "face value" part... but crazier things happen and that's where I would start.

Well all, thanks for being present and showing interest. Yes, I pawned them all to come up with part of the money to move, it can be really expensive but if commute gets too long, it's the only way. I've moved lots of things, and recently have moved to this area after working here for the last 6 months.

Yes, I pawned my guns because I wanted a quick 4 grand in cash. The only reason I don't have them back is because the background check won't go through and I have lots invested in those firearms, some, hell, all are special to me, never expected them to get stuck in pawn. I want them back.

I have 1 gun in my gun safe, an heirloom shotgun from my father. He has passed and the gun is a 16 gauge shotgun that hasn't missed yet.

So, this is a real issue. My stuff is stuck. I'm wondering if anyone know how to actually help.

Thanks,
Mwalterx
Go get your conceal carry license. This proves to everyone you in fact don't have a criminal history preventing ownership and prevents the need to do the check when receiving your guns back ... in addition to the other benefits. These cost $100 and are rather quickly issued. This solves it.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top