JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Checking off the boxes in the right-hand column here so we can get to business. I was born and raised in Oregon, grew up around guns, ran off and toured the planet for a while, and then wound up driving forklifts for most of my life. These days I'm a firearms reviewer, writer, and content creator for an online publication and YouTube channel. I also post some stuff on my own channel that doesn't quite fit into the same niche as the publications I write for.

I do most of my competition shooting (two-gun, steel challenge, USPSA, IDPA) in the PDX area at DRCC and Tri-County, and most of my content creation happens at various spots around the state I've shot at since I was a kid.

Either way, looking forward to chatting with all of you eventually! Stay safe out there!

1712966355621.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome back to Oregon!

I look at the blog daily. Love it. Have enjoyed your content as well!

How long have you been back? May have run into you at TCGC.

Best regards.

WMB

Welcome back to Oregon!

I look at the blog daily. Love it. Have enjoyed your content as well!

How long have you been back? May have run into you at TCGC.

Best regards.

WMB
Really appreciate you reading the blog! That's extremely flattering to hear some of you guys still read that old online rag!

I have been officially back in the state since Feb 23, but I have been traveling so much for work I have barely been able to attend any matches. Just a handful at Tri-County, a few here and there at DRCC last spring/summer, and then the rest of my competitions have been abroad or in other states.

I am interested in picking Steel Challenge back up with gusto for a new article series detailing the sport in more detail so if you guys know of any other matches besides the ones at Tri-County that only seem to happen once a month let me know!

I checked the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club (ARPC) calendar for Steel Challenge. They have several other competitive handgun events on a monthly basis, but I did not see Steel Challenge specifically listed.

However, if you contacted a match director or two, I bet they could point you at something.

Best regards.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top