JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off what state did you pawn your firearms? (if it was Oregon, something sounds fishy)

Second, find a lawyer in the state you pawned your items!

Third, do everything that lawyer tells you to.

I know in Oregon they have a challenge line so you might call the State Police and see what the issue is or if there is something fishy going on they probably should be involved anyway.

-I'm confused-

$350 a month.

Since 2020. 3 years = 36 months.

$12,600 for a $4,000 loan. That you are still paying?

Oh, and why did you wait 3 years to look into this?

What do you see wrong with the above OP?

Hello All,

Thank you in advance to those who help with any information and advice or action leading to recovery of my firearms at this trying time. There is a bobcat after my house cats and I can't protect them from predators.

I have been hard for cash at times and used my firearms collection for collateral in pawn shop loans. I borrowed money this way when I moved in 2020 and when I went to get my firearms out that fall, my background check was paused as waiting for info and it's been stuck there ever since. I tried everything but nothing worked and I didn't get to go hunting that year, or the next or the next and I pay about $350 a month on these gun loans. It causes sadness because I can't go hunting or target practice with my guns, I can't build the bullets for them either because I have no way to test my rounds.

No mention of ever protecting myself or a loved on against a physical threat, now I've got a huge bobcat 100 yards from my house and I have 3 cats that aren't supposed to be able to come in the house. Now I'm not able to protect them from a current threat and that is an actual extreme injustice and it's against my rights as a law abiding, tax paying citizen of my court, state, and country. So what the heck?

Just a little about me.. I've never done anything bad. I've no restraining orders or investigations or record. Nothing, not even parking or speeding tickets. I'm a 47 year old pharmacist who likes to fish and hunt. Being a pharmacist, I go through a complete state background check every license renewal, at this point, that is a comprehensive background check every two years. I have a valid legal concealed carry permit that I just renewed and updated address. I have not only an Oregon permit but a valid concealed carry permit for Utah as well, allowing me to concealed carry reciprocation in every state of our nation.

Now I can't even protect my animals. These are my own guns, I already own them.

Please, please, someone help me.

Thank you,
Mwalterx
Did you or they fill out your 4473? Was there a typo somewhere? Is the SSN added and correct? Omissions or typos can slow down the process.

Basketball Wives Smell GIF by VH1

Yes, I pawned my guns because I wanted a quick 4 grand in cash. The only reason I don't have them back is because the background check won't go through and I have lots invested in those firearms, some, hell, all are special to me, never expected them to get stuck in pawn. I want them back.
if you have to go thru a BGC your screwed. Sorry.
I will save the lecture on pawning 4 grand worth of guns especially sentimental guns. nobody pawns sentimental guns, if your hard up for cash you have a friend hold the gun for you to get it out of your mind/off the radar while you clear up your finances.
Im curious exactly how many guns are we talking about here?
Can you submit a BGC for each one or two individually? I wonder if submitting a BGC for a ton of guns at once is flagging the system.

This whole thread just seems off. I thought being a pharmacist required a degree which would require some writing skills. Yet the posts read like some kind of weird AI . Not sure what would be gained from this though.

To me this is like watching "reality" TV where the main takeaway is that my own life situation looks pretty good by comparison.

This whole thread just seems off. I thought being a pharmacist required a degree which would require some writing skills. Yet the posts read like some kind of weird AI . Not sure what would be gained from this though.

To me this is like watching "reality" TV where the main takeaway is that my own life situation looks pretty good by comparison.
Pharmacist make bank, like starting at $150k, especially in a small town like Roseburg. To be a pharmacist, you have a four year degree, plus a pharmacy degree. I'm ok sounding like a jerk, but this don't smell right AFT. BTW, please keep my dog out of it.

Call your state representative and state senator. If one of them is a republican they might help. After 60+ days of banging my head against a stone wall I called my representative Rick Lewis and within 12 hours the OSP was calling me. And the next day after redoing the BGC I had my rifle. And OSP corrected the snafu that caused the problem.

if you have to go thru a BGC your screwed. Sorry.
I will save the lecture on pawning 4 grand worth of guns especially sentimental guns. nobody pawns sentimental guns, if your hard up for cash you have a friend hold the gun for you to get it out of your mind/off the radar while you clear up your finances.
Im curious exactly how many guns are we talking about here?
Can you submit a BGC for each one or two individually? I wonder if submitting a BGC for a ton of guns at once is flagging the system.
I bought 6 at one time last month and didn't get a instant but ticklickers gave em to me in 3 days....not 3 years

I'm not giving up on my stuff. I have a clean record and I would like my property back according to the contract. It's unfair and obviously expensive.
Assuming this is the entire story, which I do not believe for a second, not sure what you expect anyone here to tell you. Its time to walk away from the guns or hire a lawyer. If you are really doing what you claim you are throwing good money after bad. If you want to keep flushing cash down the crapper, which if this story is true, that is exactly what you are doing? Hey why not, its your money.

When I had a issue in Washington State. I called SAF to get a lawyer referral.
contacted lawyer by phone and a $100 letter later my record is clean again.
My problems came from firing a employee whose girl friend used to work in the
county records.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top