Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gettin' my Tax Refund and I'm-a gonna buy me my first gun!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jrc99, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jrc99

jrc99 Fairview, OR Member

Woo hoo! Got me some money and what a better way for Uncle Sam to refund me the money that he didn't need in the FIRST PLACE; to finally buy my first firearm.

Yes it is true that this will be my first gun but I'm happy that it will be now with what's goin' on right now in DC. But I digress...

So I'm going to get $700. I really have been eyeing (if you could tell by all my posts) the AK Galil for $629.99 at J&G Sales. I could order it online but NWMoss always told me that on-hand is always better. I don't mind waiting for the next RC G&K Show after I recieve my refund.

Otherwise I am open to any other suggestions on a rifle or even hand gun...

(w00t! I iz da excitedz!) :thumbup: :D :partyman:

2. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

Good choice - it should increase in value over the next couple of years.

Don't forget to stock up on ammo or you'll have an expensive club

3. jrc99

jrc99 Fairview, OR Member

Yessir! :)

4. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

You could always build a galil or yugo underfold AK for cheap! I got my $229 parts kit in the mail yesterday, it just needs about $100 in extra parts and some TLC and I have a $350 AK!
    www.apexgunparts.com

5. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

If you have any ching left over for whatever you purchase make , pick up a 22lr to get a lot of trigger time for less bang for the buck:p

6. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

The AR is smart, but as desperate as some are gettin out there, I would also look into a class for your CHL and a good hand gun. :twocents:

7. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

You might want to consider getting a .22 rifle and handgun of your choice (Glock/XD/S&W/whatever) instead. Just my two bits...