JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If not illegal to keep, What would you have done if you found them?

• Called the Authorities?

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Taken them to a Museum?

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Kept and displayed them?

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • Given them out to your friends?

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Sold them to the the highest bidder

Votes: 29 28.2%

• Total voters
Reactions
A German man and his father found more than seashells along the beach after a storm in their coastal Baltic Sea town last week. Alexander Ladwig, 23, was out for a walk with his pop when he found a recently unearthed box in the sand that contained 30 handguns, reports German news outlet Kieler Nachrichten. The find, near the town of Waabs in Schleswig-Holstein, was quickly collected by the notified local authorities and destroyed– but not before Ladwig had snapped a few images.

quickly collected by the notified local authorities and destroyed...SMH

German beachcomber finds box of 30 WWII pistols after storm (PHOTOS)

Why does it seem to me that every time this sort of discovery is made law enforcement is called? Why not collectors? Why not very close friends? Why always big brother. At some point even the likes of me understands that certain decisions and plans are not optimum? Just me.

This would have been different if they had been a like New condition and not a rust covered pile of, what I consider, Junk!

That said, destroying them was VERY WRONG!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Why does it seem to me that every time this sort of discovery is made law enforcement is called? Why not collectors? Why not very close friends? Why always big brother. At some point even the likes of me understands that certain decisions and plans are not optimum? Just me.
Great question, it was in Germany so maybe it's the law of the land? Does seem a shame to just destroy them.

All that being said, this happened in Germany so their house, their rules.
But, Germany has Many Very Fine WW-2 Museums and so I Simply have to consider this as something that should NOT have been allowed to happen!:mad::mad::mad: It's just wrong.:mad:

I'm going to leave this conversation NOW or I'll be starting a Thread Drift with a Real RANT of my own! Not good for my Blood Pressure! TTNF:):):)

I'm sorry but if that had been me. Those pistols would have never seen as they say the light of day. I got no problem cleaning them up myself I got no problem slowly buying new barrels or parts required to return them to shooting condition. And I sure the heck got no problem storing them.

Pretty sure that's not a Hi-Power, but a Radom pistol.

The Hi power does not have a visible recoil spring plug on the end of the slide, but the Polish designed Vis 35 does,

Last Edited:
I do not know the gun laws in Germany...so what a German will do in this situation could be vastly different what would have happened , if the pistol were found here in Washington.

That said , If I found them here , I think some would be cleaned up / repaired and kept...or given as a gift to friends...some would be sold or traded...
Andy

70 years of saltwater.... Let's be real, those things were beyond repair, collectability, or shooting. This isn't the story to have a stroke over.

70 years of saltwater.... Let's be real, those things were beyond repair, collectability, or shooting. This isn't the story to have a stroke over.
Have you seen what people will pay for something old w/ patina (rust) on it? It's something else my friend.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top