JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Set up one or two of these and your thief will think twice about a return trip:

They are about 5 bux on eBay and you will need some spider wire and shotgun primers. Most of these require you to drill the hole out slightly to 1/4" so the primer will fit.
These are better there CALLED thunder B .they use them in Airsoft games .
CO2 flash bang there really is no flash .
BUT THERE IS ONE HELL OF A BANG tb12d.jpg

That just caused a tear. oh god.

I do have a siren hooked up on the garage now. I'll have to get a drill and a deadbolt soon I guess, and secure that side door better. The main doors are barn door style, and they'll likely end up bolted soon as they don't get much use (like, opened 5 times in 5 years).

How about a chalk outline, sprinkle some used 44 mag brass around, little bits of used crime scene tape...

I have seen and heard them at the paintball and airsoft games there pretty loud you will know when someone opens the door from a block away

First time was 5 years ago, not even a year after moving in. We were on a 2 week vacation and they cleaned out the (75 year old, detached) garage of fishing gear, bikes and tools.View attachment 459238

This time they cleaned off two shelves. One with power tools.

The other of my whisky!!!
$300 in tools
$1000 in whisky, some of which I purchased in Scotland last year

If you see a low-life drinking a fine single-malt, let me know.

You need a better lock set up . ,the one in the photo just keeps the to host people out barely

It totally sucks that you got things stolen!
There are some budget friendly fixes to consider until you can afford to move to the country or get 24hr armed guards.

I agree you need a way better lock hasp. Abus, Master Lock, and others make much stronger hasps and the puck style can be good too. I have a combination bolt lock on one of my sheds and it eliminated my need to carry another key.
The Symbiosis Between Hasp and Padlock - Padlocks - Commercial
Search Products | Master Lock
Around $10-15 and you can get yourself a pretty beefy hasp.

I also have a solar powered LED motion light. I would put this at the top of your list. They are fairly inexpensive(under $50) and super easy to install(no wiring). I really like it because at night it lights up the garage door area for me. Your big box home improvement stores have them.

There are also many sound alarms that are really cheap. If there is a 120DB siren that goes off when the door opens they will likely run like hell.
here is one on Amazon that has a remote to arm it and is only $20:
http://a.co/hkazW4z
There are a bunch of these kind of devices that are really inexpensive and can help scare away tweakers and smack heads.

In the bigger picture getting out of Portland is the best solution.

I agree you need a way better lock hasp.

Agreed. Coming soon after I replace my drill and hole saws (also taken). Borrowed my neighbors to get in a temporary hasp.

I also have a solar powered LED motion light. I would put this at the top of your list.

I have one in the carport that the person had to walk through to get to the garage. It was of no use.

There are also many sound alarms that are really cheap. If there is a 120DB siren that goes off when the door opens they will likely run like hell.

Yep, they have them at Freddy's too ($8/ea, $15/two pack), picked on up and attached it before I made the post here.

A neighbor just down the street had a VERY similar break-in last night. It might be time for me to wake up the dog EARLY in the morning to start taking walks.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top