JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Elderly father, 80s age.

Dying of leukemia.

Was taking chemo and transfusions but the levels aren't improving enough.

Sunday we're talking with hospital where he is currently at, about home hospice care. I may need to take a break from sewing things and such to spend time with him with his grandkids. Doctors says if his blood levels drops as fast and low as they did a few days ago when he went to ER after being discharged, he may have at best, 2 weeks left. It's just an estimate but.. this is really hard on the family. He has been battling leukemia since last fall. I don't much like telling people about family situations... but..I know I have your support.

Prayers for you and yours. It's a tough time. The hospice folks we've had help us through the passing of both my parents and a close friend were wonderful. They are there for the family as well as the patient - lean on them. Ask questions when you are troubled about what is happening. They will guide you.

I'm with you in spirit.
Theres no "Life's Official Guidebook" that spells out how to handle these events and challenges…but the thoughts and advice from those who responded are all good.
Another…let him know that he was a good father and that you'll continue to make sure the family is strong and well.
When it was my dad's turn, I told him that face-to-face. Told him he had done a fine job and could now go in peace.
He visibly and physically relaxed, and took his last breath minutes later.
Condolences

Loss is always tough but memories are stronger. Remember the memories and forget about the losing part. This has helped me in the past, stay strong for you and your family. Prayers coming your way.

Condolences, The end of Era's are tough. He lived long enough To see you start a family, become a man, and Carry on the lineage. I have no doubt he was very proud of you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top