JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've looked into this on CustomInk, Spreadshirt, and Cafe Press. It's nice that it's a low time commitment after the initial setup. The big downsides for me were the lack of quality control and that they take a huge chunk of profit out of every sale.

For a lower-end T-shirt sold at $20 plus shipping ($25 cost to the customer) we'd see about $2-$3 each. Done ourselves we could get a high quality t-shirt shipped to the customer for around $20 and still make $4-$5 each.

Volume is what we need to make it worth the while though. Maybe our plan should be to setup a shop and track sales for a while, then look into going back to the DIY model once sales reach a certain point that they'd be worth it. My concern with this option is that I imagine most people won't be making multiple purchases, especially if their initial purchase is of a lower quality than they expect.

Well, I didn't want to suggest it, but it sounds like it's about time for each of us to get a bag of pepperoni sticks and sell them outside the entrance of Fred Meyer ;)

Joe, have you ever thought of getting involved in lobbying ? I ask because in Oregon we need new blood that and people will in many cases be willing to support a cause.
NWFA is unique and a good site but there are a pile of gun forums, if yours was a cause it could survive much easier.
You already are a business filed in Salem? I am assuming pay taxes and with that you could sponsor your own lobbyist work. People think doing lobbying requires allot, in fact you have 90% of what is needed to start imagine this session 2016 a new blood in Salem might make Salem take notice with 100's of members saying they want a stand.
I know people respect you here Joe and if you made a solid stand in Salem I am sure others would follow. I am not hinting to replace OFF, but people in Salem need to see our youth wants the fight too. I am also sure you would not have to go at it alone with the huge amount of experts in the group. NWFA Could be NWFAA ( association ) being you are already established a easy move to being a non-profit and help others in training.

Sorry done business consulting along time and I see great promise and future in the above it could be an opportunity missed. Now more then ever would be a time to do it.

You know, I have, on and off for quite a few years. Ultimately I've decided against it at this point. Another person down in Salem trying to convince lawmakers isn't going to help our cause. People hate to hear this, but sometimes the truth hurts. The only way to preserve the gun rights we have left here in OR and WA is to work within the one party system we have in power. I'm not saying to give up the traditional fight, but that isn't going to get it done with our demographics. It's one of the reasons I try to keep this site more neutral than most. They could simply ignore us, do what they want, and we'd be nearly powerless to stop them. We need to treat the anti's as anti's, but also do our best to not alienate those sympathetic to our cause (let alone the ones on our side!).

The real reason I don't do it is that I personally just don't have the time, money, knowledge, or experience (is that all??) to dedicate to doing it how I'd have to do it. I'm sure the latter three items would come with doing it, but even the transition isn't something I could do at this point. Definitely a possibility in the future though.

I'm sure this will be popular and maybe it isn't fundraising but how about pay to play forums. Make the classifieds sections only available to those that support the site at at least "xyz level".

There are plenty of people buying and selling (including me) that have not supported the site in the past. I don't know the magic number but if it was $5 a year to have access to those forums I would think everybody would jump on it. The other option on that same route is charge a buck for every for sale ad.

How about a blanket "Conversation" to all the non-supporting members with a simple request to consider becoming a supporting member, and outlining the benefits??

Mid-late 2015 has been a bubblegumty year for us in this house and I'm looking forward to re-upping my membership when the hell levels out.

I'm liking the option you added of making donations at will. I hope to make donations of around 10% of the value of an item when it sells on here from here on out. I haven't decided but I'm willing to take a small chunk if I'm not taking a huge hit on an item to help the site that helped me sell it.

There were a couple threads early 2015 and late 2014 that were nice:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/free-bronze-memberships-2-for-2015.188223/
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/free-nwfa-memberships-available-now.186152/
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/final-2-memberships-avail.186833/

Sometimes it's nice to take a non member and make a donation but also give the person who is a contributing member a chance to renew the next year (think residual memberships).

Thanks Mr. Link, this site as well has been the 2nd website I've ever donated to and the first that I keep renewing. Maybe I should make an independent raffle. I have some (11)AR magazines as well as some like new Magpul furniture in black that I could lump together as a fundraiser. You know, clean out the box of random stuff since they don't seem to be selling anyway.

;);)

I said this in another discussion, how about something that invites non shooters to shoot, learn, and get to know some of us. If that can work within the dynamic of a fundraiser of course.

Maybe I should make an independent raffle. I have some (11)AR magazines as well as some like new Magpul furniture in black that I could lump together as a fundraiser. You know, clean out the box of random stuff since they don't seem to be selling anyway.

;);)
There we go. Sell some surplus and donate all or part of the proceeds. Good thinking.

I said this in another discussion, how about something that invites non shooters to shoot, learn, and get to know some of us. If that can work within the dynamic of a fundraiser of course.
Expand that to a mentor-ship program for inner city kids! Parent(s) required to attend.

I'm sure this will be popular and maybe it isn't fundraising but how about pay to play forums. Make the classifieds sections only available to those that support the site at at least "xyz level".

There are plenty of people buying and selling (including me) that have not supported the site in the past. I don't know the magic number but if it was $5 a year to have access to those forums I would think everybody would jump on it. The other option on that same route is charge a buck for every for sale ad.

This idea comes up quite often. I looked into it quite extensively, but in the end I decided against it because each time it's been tried elsewhere it's failed terribly. My guess is it would reduce the number of ads here by ~70% and maybe bring in a couple hundred a month. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost more in ad revenue than we made :s0112:

I think as far as donations and the classified section we'll continue trying to find ways to offer improvements to Supporters. We should probably do a better job of getting a donate button and call to action closer to the classified sections, as I'm sure some don't even think to donate once an item has sold.

How about a blanket "Conversation" to all the non-supporting members with a simple request to consider becoming a supporting member, and outlining the benefits??

Good idea! Adding this to the list.

Mid-late 2015 has been a bubblegumty year for us in this house and I'm looking forward to re-upping my membership when the hell levels out.

I'm liking the option you added of making donations at will. I hope to make donations of around 10% of the value of an item when it sells on here from here on out. I haven't decided but I'm willing to take a small chunk if I'm not taking a huge hit on an item to help the site that helped me sell it.

There were a couple threads early 2015 and late 2014 that were nice:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/free-bronze-memberships-2-for-2015.188223/
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/free-nwfa-memberships-available-now.186152/
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/final-2-memberships-avail.186833/

Sometimes it's nice to take a non member and make a donation but also give the person who is a contributing member a chance to renew the next year (think residual memberships).

Thanks Mr. Link, this site as well has been the 2nd website I've ever donated to and the first that I keep renewing. Maybe I should make an independent raffle. I have some (11)AR magazines as well as some like new Magpul furniture in black that I could lump together as a fundraiser. You know, clean out the box of random stuff since they don't seem to be selling anyway.

;);)

I remember those! Definitely fun to watch those threads. I hope things get better for you, and please don't stretch yourself to donate. I'm hoping the variety of new options (residual subscriptions and the one-off donations) will encourage more people to contribute. As I mentioned above we should probably make the donation buttons a bit more prominent in the classified section.

The idea of a sale/auction for items people don't use/need anymore is incredibly generous, I think I'd feel a little bad organizing one of those :s0153::s0157:

Right now I'm trying to focus on online fundraising, but I like these ideas I'm hearing!

You know, I have, on and off for quite a few years. Ultimately I've decided against it at this point. Another person down in Salem trying to convince lawmakers isn't going to help our cause. People hate to hear this, but sometimes the truth hurts. The only way to preserve the gun rights we have left here in OR and WA is to work within the one party system we have in power. I'm not saying to give up the traditional fight, but that isn't going to get it done with our demographics. It's one of the reasons I try to keep this site more neutral than most. They could simply ignore us, do what they want, and we'd be nearly powerless to stop them. We need to treat the anti's as anti's, but also do our best to not alienate those sympathetic to our cause (let alone the ones on our side!)..

Hi Joe, was just an idea, :) . I understand all your point you made the only one I think it does make a difference having more large groups oppose Salem. Ceasefire and others have made a move to show how many groups oppose guns so much so they import other groups for support they do this to show a vast support. Anyways thats my take .
I do agree in alienating liberals as a whole I try desperately to say antis or liberal antis, but try not to say Liberals. I happen to know a few liberal democrats that thing SB941 was idiotic and think the prez speech today was plain crazy.

I have a funny feeling in my own mind that local lobbies may end up by the wayside after todays plans by the Prez so why it was a good idea when I thought of it, Id say getting involved at this point would be the equivalent of spinning tires. I see no real use for local state lobbies even the NRA is going to have their hands tied with the Prez's plan and I agree we need to put solid pressure of our elected on both sides of the isle. Sorry I didnt have a better idea for funds.

Been meaning to do it for sometime now. Just signed up as Silver. Thank you for hosting a GREAT site. I appreciate NWFA and look forward to continuing to support.

Hi Joe, was just an idea, :) . I understand all your point you made the only one I think it does make a difference having more large groups oppose Salem. Ceasefire and others have made a move to show how many groups oppose guns so much so they import other groups for support they do this to show a vast support. Anyways thats my take .
I do agree in alienating liberals as a whole I try desperately to say antis or liberal antis, but try not to say Liberals. I happen to know a few liberal democrats that thing SB941 was idiotic and think the prez speech today was plain crazy.

I have a funny feeling in my own mind that local lobbies may end up by the wayside after todays plans by the Prez so why it was a good idea when I thought of it, Id say getting involved at this point would be the equivalent of spinning tires. I see no real use for local state lobbies even the NRA is going to have their hands tied with the Prez's plan and I agree we need to put solid pressure of our elected on both sides of the isle. Sorry I didnt have a better idea for funds.

And it's a great idea really, I appreciate you putting that out there :)

Not really sure how this is going to play out but I can guarantee we're all watching :confused::(

Been meaning to do it for sometime now. Just signed up as Silver. Thank you for hosting a GREAT site. I appreciate NWFA and look forward to continuing to support.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads