JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent my polite emails to all the senators.

I hope mine is not considered polite when read...if actually read. It is as follows...

I am one of, what I am sure must be, a vast majority of Oregonians that are tired of persecution in the name of protection. To be clear:
Only law abiding gun owners will abide by these ridiculously illogical gun laws. They are always "fast tracked" in a sneaky and disrespectful manner under cover of night it would seem. Always enacted under the guise of keeping guns away from those who by definition break laws. This is persecution of the good citizens. This is punishment for a crime the law abiding citizen by definition did not commit. This is un-American in the highest order. And yet we let you, our elected REPRESENTATIVES commit these travesties of administration. It must stop.
Bill 941 is yet another example of special interest groups funded by power hungry billionaires taking away our God given rights as Americans and Oregonians.
I will not vote for ANY candidate that supports increased legislative persecution of law abiding citizens as a pre-emptive strike against their potential to break a law in the future. Thoughtcrime is NOT a thing in the USofA and we will not vote for the deluded individuals attempting to make it a reality. Recalls of these individuals on the other hand will be fully supported!
No on 941 and any bill that purports to protect us from criminals by passing more draconian/Orwellian laws. No on re-election of the self important career politicians who plot to steal our taxes, personal property and citizen rights in one fell swoop.

Yes, I am bitter today.

To which I would respond - what emergency? I can see that the future of this will include supreme court challenges. You just can't call something an emergency to skirt the rules when no clear emergency exists.

As I understand it, all the 'emergency' means is that they can bypass any waiting period after the bill is approved and put it into place immediately. It's a crummy tactic used by a bunch of lowlife activist gun-hating politicians. As a law-abiding citizen, I find what they are doing highly offensive to me and my fellow Oregonians. And I'll say it again, as much as I put the blame on the politicians, I put equal or even more blame on those that voted them in or stood by and did nothing (including voting against them), knowing their agenda all along. They are all culpable in bringing yet another restriction on law-abiding gun owners while doing absolutely squat to prevent gun crime. :mad:

I received a reply to my email about SB 941 from Senator Doug Whitsett and he stated in the email "There is an emergency clause included in SB 941 that will prohibit it from being referred to the people to decide on a statewide vote." Hopefully he is wrong in his interpretation of the emergency clause and hopefully this will get challenged in court becuase I think if it goes to a vote the Portland and Eugene voters, who seem to run the elections, will push it through.

After it passed in Wa, I started looking around for a new place to live. Our 1st choice was Ore. for several reasons including several friends there. As we got ready to check out our 1st property, your former Governor announced his promise to increase gun registration in Ore. He's gone, but I guess the anti's are still running your gov. No problem, I'll take my money elsewhere.
Idaho, here we come
Actually in for Arizona with Idaho as second.

I also posted some time ago that even if you fail a BG check, you can legally still own a firearm in Oregon, felony conviction or not.

Possession of Weapons by Certain Felons

I also take exception to the first sentence in this bill: "Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Oregon". I have to call total bullcrap here unless we, the people of the State of Oregon, actually get to vote on this.
Saw the same(st. gov. site) and called them on it. It was deleted.

The only thing wrong with the title is he forgot to mention handguns and machine guns. Essentially all non interfamily firearms transactions will be prohibited outside of a gun dealer. Read the bill.
That's what I just said. And since when can you purchase a "machine gun" in a FTF transaction without a stamp? Also I've read the bill plenty of times, ive sent my letters, made my phone calls, talked with people at work, done what I can do.

Posting here in the WTS section isn't going to turn the tide on this. This has been a topic of discussion in the legal / political forum for a couple weeks now.

Wow.
Any polite samples of emails that could be sent to them about this?
Is there going to be a gathering to show opposition for this?
I intend to keep it simple and to the point:

Dear Legislator,

I am not going to pretend that you care about anything except staying in office, or that I can convince you that the intention or effects of this bill are bad if you don't already think it is, so I will make this simple and to the point.

Instead, I *will* tell what I will most certainly do if you vote for it; Quid Pro Quo - I will not vote for you in any election ever again. I will also tell all my family and all my friends and anybody who will listen, for as long as I can speak, to never vote for you again and why. Nothing you will do, nothing you can do, if you vote for this bill, will excuse that vote - it will NOT be forgiven.

Thank you for your consideration and see you at the polls.

Isn't it interesting how a few people can crawl out of their fart sack one day and decide the rest of the population will be criminal if we don't yeild to their twisted concept of reality.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top