JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So tell us all Keystir, what have you learned about the HSUS so far,... Anything?
Have you bothered to do a little research since you unloaded on the OP? And then me, twice?

Or are you just writing it all off as the diatribe(s) of GB/RW nutjobs?

If you haven't taken it upon yourself to check out what we're talking about, that constitutes willful ignorance,...

Well? *crickets*

I guess I just get tired of hearing people throwing all conservatives into a "simple minded Glen Beck" crowd. Maybe I took this wrong, it just seems like I have seen quite a bit of that kind of comment from you a good few times. Then again, maybe I am just in a bad mood. My cheerios tasted a bit salty this morning come to think of it. LOL.

Funny I have been called a Beck fan here a few times myself. I have never read his books. I avoid cable networks so have yet to see him on tv. I did meet him once when he came through the airport up here....didn't know it was him until some one told me..

Yet, a couple times now.....weird.

Thank you for your feedback. While we respect your right to disagree with the mission and goals of The Humane Society of the United States, we believe in and are suppporting the work they are doing to stop cruelty and help animals. Thank you.

Jewelry Customer Service

And 8Ball and others, if you read the article on my web page you'll see that HSUS is directly responsible for the ban on hound hunting for lion and bear that was voted in back in 1994. Since then the lion population has doubled and the deer population has dropped 25%. You can thank the HSUS lies for that.

The HSUS agenda is to end all hunting, all animal agriculture, all animal ownership, all consumption of meat. If you support those goals then go right ahead and defend HSUS. They've already put every big game hound hunter out of business in the state of Oregon. I guess you think you aren't next.

So tell us all Keystir, what have you learned about the HSUS so far,... Anything?
Have you bothered to do a little research since you unloaded on the OP? And then me, twice?

Or are you just writing it all off as the diatribe(s) of GB/RW nutjobs?

If you haven't taken it upon yourself to check out what we're talking about, that constitutes willful ignorance,...

Well? *crickets*

Digging, digging, digging....

And 8Ball and others, if you read the article on my web page you'll see that HSUS is directly responsible for the ban on hound hunting for lion and bear that was voted in back in 1994. Since then the lion population has doubled and the deer population has dropped 25%. You can thank the HSUS lies for that.

The HSUS agenda is to end all hunting, all animal agriculture, all animal ownership, all consumption of meat. If you support those goals then go right ahead and defend HSUS. They've already put every big game hound hunter out of business in the state of Oregon. I guess you think you aren't next.

Thanks for bringing this organization to our attention. I know myself and a lot of others would have naturally assumed that the HSUS was associated with the local humane societies and animal shelter's around that many have probably adopted from. This benefit appears to be marketed towards a small contingent of folks who would purchase pet related jewelry. I know I'm being a little stereotypical here but I would assume the vast majority of those folks are probably not big hunters. I guess I'm just wondering how much this has to do with Fred Meyer and their parent Kroger rather than just with the Jeweler. Is Fred Meyer Jewelers and Kroger even run by the same folks? I can definitely understand boycotting Fred Meyer Jeweler but I would hesitate going so far as to never shop at Freddies, maybe someone here as a little more info.

Thanks for bringing this organization to our attention. I know myself and a lot of others would have naturally assumed that the HSUS was associated with the local humane societies and animal shelter's around that many have probably adopted from.
There ya go keystir. Thanks ,... :s0155:!

I am sure when they came up with the name HS (US) they wanted the implied association with the Humane Society we have all known for years, that does great work with unwanted/abandoned pets. Even the reply Zeke got seems to convey there are those at Fred Meyer jewelers that believe this.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

How "Humane" is the Humane Society? « Created for Creativeness

Sadly, the details behind the money the Humane Society actually allocates for animal shelters are equally disappointing. In 2008, of the ninety-seven million brought in by fundraising, less than half a percent went to actual shelter grants (ActivistCash, 2010). To break it down in terms of the HSUS's advertising scheme, for the "$19 a month," or $228 per year that supporters are asked to pledge, only $1.03 (of the $228) actually went to animals. (HumaneWatch, 2010; ActivistCash, 2010; IRS, 2008). Such a small amount is horrific in light of the fundraising expenditures and salary increases that the organization reports each year. Even the small grants the Humane Society does give to shelters are not always designated for direct animal care. For example, according to an article by David Mastio (2010) of the Washington Times, a grant awarded to one Iowan shelter was stipulated specifically for the production of HSUS propaganda to be distributed to grade-school teachers for classroom uses. This propaganda included entreaties to fight for the exclusive use of cage-free eggs by writing to representatives and pressuring school cafeterias (Mastio, 2010). Thus, even though this grant is labeled as "supporting a shelter," it is no more than conveniently disguised agenda-pushing. This type of expenditure is a far cry from the "direct animal care" that the Humane Society advertises in their campaign to solicit support across the nation.

Here is the activistcash.org webpage for the HSUS that breaks it down:
<broken link removed>
These people are nothing but well funded vegan activists that will impose their beliefs and lifestyle on all of us if given the chance.

Thanks again to Zeke for bringing this up so their true agenda could be shown.

Fred Meyer probably supports...directly or indirectly....any number of causes or charities that I might have some political or philosophical disagreement with. And that would be an accurate statement for just about any large retailer or company.On that basis, I could justify boycotting virtually any business if I did enough research into its charitable and political activities.

If this were simply a debate about the merits of the HSUS that would be one thing. But it is factually incorrect to state that Fred Meyer itself supports some sort of anti-hunting or anti-gun agenda.

I recently purchased a handgun at my local Fred Meyer. I have also purchased a hunting license, a fishing license, a deer tag, an elk tag, some gun cleaning accessories and a box of ammo at my local Fred Meyer. And the Starbucks coffee shop that is located inside of my local Fred Meyer recently refused to knuckle under to the anti-gunners who were demanding that they ban open carry in their stores.

Based upon those facts, I will continue to support my local Fred Meyer because the company has demonstrated by its actions that it respects my 2nd Amendment and hunting rights. And if the jewelry department happens to be making a donation to the HSUS.....I could quite frankly care less.

This is still the U.S. and you have that right sober,...
But the next time a ballot initiative comes up that involves you, your family, your food, your pets, your hobbies or your gun rights, and the HSUS gives thousands, or even millions of dollars to oppose you,...
You will only have that attitude to thank for it.`

Have a nice day! :s0162:

Instead of attacking the clueless stores, how about supporting those organizations that fight the organizations that you hate? If the HSUS is anti-hunting, then support the NRA. They're usually on top of anti-hunting issues.

I think I know who would win if the HSUS got into a fight with the NRA.

Instead of attacking the clueless stores, how about supporting those organizations that fight the organizations that you hate? If the HSUS is anti-hunting, then support the NRA. They're usually on top of anti-hunting issues.

I think I know who would win if the HSUS got into a fight with the NRA.

I'm a member of the NRA, but no help was forthcoming from them in 1994. It was only the hound hunters who were under attack. Right now they are working on pheasant hunters. Their latest argument is that pheasants are a non-native species and shouldn't be allowed to be planted. They also argue that shooting pheasants is like shooting tame chickens, no sport to it. But hey, it's just pheasant hunters, right? Why should I care?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top