JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meh....

Guns and ammo was more of a novelty and overpriced. What I dislike is the cowering to the anti-gun crowd, to the point of removing gun related magazines.

Wish they'd stop selling alcohol because you know it is a direct cause of drunk driving...

Wow! You are making way to much sense :rolleyes: that's banned.. take him away haha :D

I got my reply from Kroger today... here is is... carefully anyone drinking or eating, you might puke it up...

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting Kroger Customer Connect. We have been experiencing an unusually high email and call volume that has delayed our response time. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this delay.

Fred Meyer has made a business decision to exit the firearms category. We are currently working on plans to responsibly phase out sales of firearms and ammunition. We made the decision early last week after evaluating changing customer preferences and the fact that we've been steadily reducing this category in our Fred Meyer stores over the last several years due to softening consumer demand. More recently we have been transitioning away from gun departments as a result of our ongoing work to optimize space in our Fred Meyer stores. The firearms category represents about $7 million annually of Fred Meyer's revenue - and sales continue to decline.

Also, we regularly review the company's assortment of periodicals and make merchandising decisions based on customer preferences. Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion, and I can assure you that I have forwarded your thoughts to the appropriate team.

Please feel free to reply to this email or call us at 1-800-576-4377 and reference case number 28257388 should you have further questions or concerns. We appreciate hearing from our valued customers and will assist in any way possible.

Thank you for shopping with us and have a great day.

Roseburg, FM just put these in 2-3 years ago but here, but they were never a go to place as we have many other resources. What I hope doesn't happen is supply and demand, if Bimart bails that could allow big box to creep the prices up.

Thank you for contacting Kroger Customer Connect. We have been experiencing an unusually high email and call volume that has delayed our response time. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this delay.
No @#$% you have a bunch of email volume. I'm sure everyone is pissed off
Fred Meyer has made a business decision to exit the firearms category. We are currently working on plans to responsibly phase out sales of firearms and ammunition. We made the decision early last week after evaluating changing customer preferences and the fact that we've been steadily reducing this category in our Fred Meyer stores over the last several years due to softening consumer demand. More recently we have been transitioning away from gun departments as a result of our ongoing work to optimize space in our Fred Meyer stores. The firearms category represents about $7 million annually of Fred Meyer's revenue - and sales continue to decline.
Really you just now made this decision after the mass killing few weeks ago? And Kroger will give up a $7m revenue stream?
Also, we regularly review the company's assortment of periodicals and make merchandising decisions based on customer preferences. Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion, and I can assure you that I have forwarded your thoughts to the appropriate team.
Again you are just now reviewing these mags due to low sales, no other periodicals have low sales? funny the timing.

Last Edited:
I don't understand why people are pissed off about them closing. It's their store and they can do whatever they want with it, I'm glad they are willing to FOAD instead of trying to make up lib rules for gun & ammo sales:eek:

Bill, its one more individual / group / media outlet bowing to the pressure of "guns are bad, they are killing everyone" attitude. I want people to realize its not the guns that kill. Guns are a tool, go shoot, have fun, go hunt, enjoy it.. or ... kill some human. Every thing can be used improperly or dangerously.

Wonder if they have any ''war game'' video's or violent video's they'll take off their shelves as well?? They become a ''tool'' of violence to young minds. Maybe there should be nation wide push to get rid of this type of garbage.

Last Edited:
Bill, its one more individual / group / media outlet bowing to the pressure of "guns are bad, they are killing everyone" attitude. I want people to realize its not the guns that kill. Guns are a tool, go shoot, have fun, go hunt, enjoy it.. or ... kill some human. Every thing can be used improperly or dangerously.

I have spent plenty of time talking with irrational libs on news sites and they believe that guns are bad-- I don't see any easy way of changing their minds:eek::eek:

Just went to the Freddies in Newberg and found them in the middle of closing down the gun counter. All long guns are gone, the ammo is mostly gone, and while they do still have handguns there, I'm sure not for much longer.
I complained to management, but their response was pretty much "oh well, you can complain but it won't matter because there is a "back story" ".
Their prices were high unless you either got a decent sale or used the 10% old people discount.
Although I didn't buy there much, the fact that it is closing is bad. It means the other side is winning and we are being given less choices.
A sad day when FM caves in to political correctness rather than fill the needs of it's customers.

Freddies has done this many times in the past. Gun sales slow and they get out of them. Gun sales rise and they wait way too long to get into sales again. Its' all money to them

FINALLY made it to Bremerton and visited the Freddies out there.....still have their gun shop.
However, I stood around for at least 5 minutes, maybe closer to 10. No one ever helped me.
...did learn something though....an Armscor M200 is about the same size as an SP101!
I thought it would be larger.
$244.95 and you too can own the pride of the Phillipiines. ( ;) )

Elvis

Freddies has done this many times in the past. Gun sales slow and they get out of them. Gun sales rise and they wait way too long to get into sales again. Its' all money to them
I don't think sales has anything to do with it....it's no coincidence that it's happened after the last shooting and all the protests.

Simply a typical knee jerk reaction, Bad Guy used gun, make sure good guys can't have guns.

Just remember the Target Bathroom knee jerk reaction it cost them dearly and from what I hear are causing them now legal issues with exposures to a child.
I have a feeling some of these stores will pay up the pocket for these disloyalty.

I don't think sales has anything to do with it....it's no coincidence that it's happened after the last shooting and all the protests.

Like somebody said, if they cared about people lives they wouldn't sell booze. :D How many killed in oregon drunk driving every year? Over the 65 years I have lived here Freddie gun sales have come and gone several times and it's always been about money. Ask the clerk.o_O

Simply a typical knee jerk reaction, Bad Guy used gun, make sure good guys can't have guns.

Just remember the Target Bathroom knee jerk reaction it cost them dearly and from what I hear are causing them now legal issues with exposures to a child.
I have a feeling some of these stores will pay up the pocket for these disloyalty.
Please refresh my memory, what was the Target Bathroom knee jerk again?

Dean

Please refresh my memory, what was the Target Bathroom knee jerk again?
Dean

The whole what gender should be offended by what bathroom they are forced to use.
It seem there was a small report at one store that sparked that whole BS. Hence Knee Jerk.
Sorry was trying to keep that kinda political out.

Must've missed that news story. Don't recall it.
I'm not surprised that the news media sensationalized the crap out of it, though.
Thanks for trying to help....anyway, back on subject.....

...the Fred Meyer in Bremerton still has its gun department, abandoned as it may seem to be (which kinda goes hand-in-hand with the whole "its a money thing" theory some are implicating).

Dean

Corn Pass is following this trend. I was in today, all long guns gone... the pistols are still in the cases.. big signs... NO GUN SALES TO ANYONE UNDER 21... I'm just glad they got rid of those bolt actions and the shot guns... they looked scary... :eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top