JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps they've moved the long guns out since Saturday...

Confirmed, as of Sunday there were no long guns.

If I remember right there was a few signs for 10% off (Gerber and some others) and I think a 15 or 20% off some optics.

Didn't see any reduction on the other related items (targets, etc), but could have missed something, as I had the younglings with me.

As of 2 weeks ago, Oregon City still had long guns, but limited to what appeared to be shotguns and .22's - no more 'scary' guns. Ammo was stocked and pistol cases were full. Probably need to stop by and look again to see if they're in the process of pulling out the rest.

I'll have to check the Canby store tomorrow, it is ridiculous that they just don't deal on ammo to get rid of it.... Same with guns, if they would drop the price to maybe $10.00 over what you can reasonably acquire one thru the internet then they might have sold more and it would actually be a profit center.
Michael Berry out of Texas has a good parody of Kroger/Fred Meyer not selling guns.

According to the guy who convinced the Bremerton FM to include a gun counter, they buy all their arms and ammo from one wholesaler, thus their pricing is based on what kind of deal they can strike with that one wholesaler.
I know, kinda stupid, but that's the reality...at least out here.

Dean

OC Fred Meyer this morning - all long guns are gone - semi-autos, shotguns, bolt guns, .22's. Ammo is down to 10% of what they had - any only just a very limited amount of pistol ammo - no rifle, no shotgun. Pistol cases are still full. Cases of Stack-On gun safes in place of the rifles and ammo now.

Canby was the same way when I dropped in there on Wednesday. They had pistols and a bit of ammo but that was it. And to add insult to injury, all of their padded rifle and pistol cases were behind the counter so unless you cornered an employee you couldn't look at them.... :mad:

Not to derail the thread, but check this out....

At my local Walmart yesterday and happened into the sporting goods section.
Noticed an empty gun case, the type used to hold long guns.
Got a bad feeling in my stomach, asked an employee what was going on.
He explained to me that they are going to START carrying guns in the store.
I had to take a pause, then asked him to repeat himself.
Now my local Walmart has been carrying ammo, but only pneumatic weapons.
Seems like now they're going to start carrying long and short arms.
...will be interesting to see what comprises the inventory.
Other retailers around here tend to carry "hunting/sporting" type arms, as opposed to "para military" type arms.
Time will tell.
Inventory should start showing up next week or the week after......I'm gonna laugh my butt off if the case ends being filled with $99 fold up shotguns. :s0001::s0140:

Dean

Seems like now they're going to start carrying long and short arms.
...will be interesting to see what comprises the inventory.
Other retailers around here tend to carry "hunting/sporting" type arms, as opposed to "para military" type arms.
Time will tell.
Inventory should start showing up next week or the week after......I'm gonna laugh my butt off if the case ends being filled with $99 fold up shotguns. :s0001::s0140:
If it's anything like my side of the Sound, it'll be .22's and bolt-action Fuddtoys only. Probably no "icky SKEEERY handguns or black rifles"...

I bet there'll be a few '06's, 7mils and 12 gauges sprinkled in amongst the collection, as well.
Common sight in retailers out here in Kidnap county.
The Bremerton Fred Meyer had a long barreled SP101 with night glow sights and a nice assortment of pocket Ruger auto's, too.
9mil, .380, etc.

....oh yeah, and the lone Armscor M200, too. ;)
hqdefault.jpg
...:eek::confused::p:D

Dean

Last Edited:
Oregon city freddys got rid of long guns and most of the ammo. But still has handguns , they are a special kind of stupid for that. 20180421_122420.jpg
Oops didnt see it posted above before I replied to the thread.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads