JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thought I saw banana-mags for Ruger 10/22's, but the only way they coulda been worse on Virtue Signaling (which in my experience, the people who practice it are invariably Long on Signal but Short on Virtue) would've been announcing that they would only sell Klinton Klips (as AAFES/NEX/etc. have) at the same time as they announced their Age Discrimination.

Problem is, with how many MBA programs are run by Leftist academics, and with the rise of Activist Investors from the Left, you get a double whammy of "Agenda First Profit Second"... even Marty Daniel at DD just threw us under the bus today on "No Guns For Under 21" and "Anal Probe BGC's."

I didn't know they sold guns.
The one in Bremerton has been selling guns for about 10 years now, maybe more.
The guy really had to work to convince the powers that be to include a gun shop in the store.
He only uses one supplier, though, so you're kinda stuck if that supplier can't come through.
Never had a problem with anyone who's worked that counter, though.
Sad to hear this. I'll have to drop by and see if I can get an update/confirmation.

Dean

I think many of the statements here are short sighted. For savvy gun owners we know there are many places with better selection and pricing.

However, this is a channel of normal daily activity for many people that are not gun owners, are unfamiliar with guns or are afraid of guns. It was in their weekly store that many of them saw when they shopped for groceries or home decor. Now that it is gone we have less exposure to everyday for non gun owners. This is yet another way to make it weird for these people to even think about guns.

Our society has become gun adverse on the liberal side but more importantly for many people that are in the middle. Our fight shouldn't be about keeping the people we have that already own guns it should be how do we get more people exposed to them so it becomes the norm again. This is how we win back the fight in my opinion.

I'm seeing a lot of hits on the news they will stop selling long guns to people under 21, but not a complete end to their firearms offerings. Source for this?
There is a pending lawsuit by a 20-yr old for age discrimination due to Dicks and WalMart refusing to sell firearms to 18-20 yr olds.
My guess - this lawsuit WILL succeed so Fred Meyer is ceasing ALL gun sales to avoid the repercussions

The Albany Oregon store has guns. Sometimes on sale, and on the first Tuesday of the month seniors get an additional 10% of ALL purchases which could make for a decent firearm price from time to time.

I don't think all FM's carry firearms. I know Imbrie drive does. I don't think the one on TV highway does though.
Agreed, Cornelius does NOT carry any.

Guys it might have not been the best prices or place to buy. Its a grocery store/home improvement store... I give them props for attempting to get into that market. The bigger question is Why? are they stopping sales.

Agreed, Cornelius does NOT carry any.

Guys it might have not been the best prices or place to buy. Its a grocery store/home improvement store... I give them props for attempting to get into that market. The bigger question is Why? are they stopping sales.

I think the why is pretty simple - FM doesn't want to get into a debate over gun laws. Up until now, they've been pretty neutral. But announcing the raise in age to 21 is having a negative impact on them. I don't think they're really pro-2A, I think they wanted to capitalize on the gun sales market. If that means they have to fight court battles over things like age restrictions, I'm not surprised they wouldn't dump the whole thing just to avoid negative press. Likely no one is going to give them much grief over removing guns from the stores.

After listening to this my mind is consumed with a questions that burns to the very center of my soul:

Will they be deeply discounting their remaining inventory to close it out?

Only some of their stores carried guns, started about 2006-ish as I recall.
It was on the news yesterday about them removing guns AND ammo.

Then came the big LIE, !!! They said it was purely a money decision ,not anything to do with their caving to the antis.

Oh ya, ? Then why are you ALSO dumping gun literature/magazines !!! ??? Also in that news blurb on tv.

Coastal Farm and Ranch is a good alternative. Good selection of guns, ammo, and some accessories. I picked up a couple 30 round PMAGs last week at the Hillsboro store. Friendly people and no hassle to buy, ie ask for i.d., phone number, etc...

Coastal Farm and Ranch, Fisherman's, Sportsman's, and Cabela's will more than make up for Fred Meyer not selling guns.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world id full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Don't mean to skew the thread, but I just had to post this...
I've never heard of Coastal Farm & Ranch so I decided to check out their website.
Pretty cool place, but as I went to investigate their firearms section, I was greeted with a memory of my childhood....

586598.jpg

...I had no idea that Daisy still sold BB's in these cardboard tubes.
Brought a smile to my face and put some warmth back in my heart.
A reminder of simpler times.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews