JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, not foreign, but Pennsylvania....."Pinedog," new member in March thinking about buying one of my rigs.
This is new to me, shipping and such whatnot....Ship to FFL of course, pickup at house via UPS. Talk to his FFL first for requirements.

I told him prepaid, cash in hand first (After all, I'm the revered, popular and respected member w/ all the glowing feedback etc. :s0112:) and suggested that he might want to add to is profile a bit.

Any other cautions etc..that I might want to take into consideration?

Make sure he's not a "prohibited person" in PA, either through his FFL as you indicated, or by getting a signed statement from him. You can ship directly to his FFL, as I understand it, but you cannot take it to a UPS franchisee for shipment. You have to hand it a UPS employee and get all the paperwork filled out and signed. I think you can do that if you schedule a pickup from your place. I just took mine to the Swan Island UPS service center in Portland.

Frankly, I think it attests to the quality of this forum that we have people from all over joining up. I like it, and if somehow it becomes a national forum that would be super in my book.

Be very careful to verify via the yellow pages and a phone call that it's really an FFL, first. You can also call BATF to verify. Be careful here.. me, personally I won't risk it

As long as you're shipping it to an FFL, you're fine.

the FFL will collect his fee plus any applicable taxes, run the NICS check and either give him the gun or call you and ask what you want done with it if the NICS comes back a fail.

You have no liability whatever on his legal status as you're not transderring to him, but to an intermediary FFL. It's the FFL who would be on the hook for not following applicable laws, not you.

Well, not foreign, but Pennsylvania....."Pinedog," new member in March thinking about buying one of my rigs.
This is new to me, shipping and such whatnot....Ship to FFL of course, pickup at house via UPS. Talk to his FFL first for requirements.

I told him prepaid, cash in hand first (After all, I'm the revered, popular and respected member w/ all the glowing feedback etc. :s0112:) and suggested that he might want to add to is profile a bit.

Any other cautions etc..that I might want to take into consideration?

Before you ship,
you need a current, valid copy of FFL License of the FFL you are going to ship to.
Payment by USPO money order. That way, you can get the feds involved if there are any fraudulent acts by the buyer. (or seller)
If you are not going to have an FFL ship the gun, be sure that the recieving FFL will accept shipment from a non FFL.
A long gun can be shipped via USPO. A handgun must ship common carrier. Insure the package, and request proof of delivery.

Prior to doing the deal, a phone conversation between you and the buyer is a good idea, and a way wo make sure all pertinent questions between buyer and seller have been answered.

If I have missed anything, I am sure someone will chime in.
Best,
Gary

Before you ship,
you need a current, valid copy of FFL License of the FFL you are going to ship to.
Payment by USPO money order. That way, you can get the feds involved if there are any fraudulent acts by the buyer. (or seller)
If you are not going to have an FFL ship the gun, be sure that the recieving FFL will accept shipment from a non FFL.
A long gun can be shipped via USPO. A handgun must ship common carrier. Insure the package, and request proof of delivery.

Prior to doing the deal, a phone conversation between you and the buyer is a good idea, and a way wo make sure all pertinent questions between buyer and seller have been answered.

If I have missed anything, I am sure someone will chime in.
Best,
Gary

You also have to do it overnight.
fed ex doesn't want their people having to much of a chance to steal it.

Just curious, what happens if the buyer is denied at the FFL? Do they ship it back to the seller who then refunds the purchase cost?

That's all on the buyer. He can sell it to the FFL or whoever his state allows.
Once you get the money and send the gun,not your problem. I mean you sold it to get money right? Why would you take it back?

I'm with most that say after you verify the FFL,it's not your liability.If you have a FFL send it for you,you are golden.

The best way to ship a handgun is to have your FFL do it. They can ship it via Priority mail and usually charge reasonably for it,$10-$20. The last time I checked 5-6 yrs ago coast to coast overnight via ups or Fedex (can't remember which) was $80,probably more now.

Frankly, I think it attests to the quality of this forum that we have people from all over joining up. I like it, and if somehow it becomes a national forum that would be super in my book.[/QUOTE]

Well for what its worth I'm one of those " other people". I'm from the "Live Free or Die" state of NH.
(We here in NH try to keep things basic)

I've heard about your forum on our northeast shooters web site / forum.

Even though there is some differences between the North West / North East, what I see is that things are much the same
in attitudes, concerns, issues, shortages, jacked up prices, and having crazy states near by.

I enjoy the reading and every now and then like to comment on a subject.... I figure west/east... we are all in this
together.:s0004:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads