JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Proof that the elite money traders are running wild and using your 401k money to destroy you.

Oct 16 (Reuters) - Vista Outdoor (publicly traded) (VSTO.N) said on Monday it would sell its sporting products business in a $1.91 billion deal, although its shares tumbled about 20% in early trading after it cut its full-year sales forecast.

The all-cash sale of the sporting products unit, which includes its guns and ammunition business, to privately held Czechoslovak Group a.s. (CSG) is expected to close next calendar year, Vista Outdoor said.

That was my first thought, then I looked into it and this guy has invested very aggressively in expanding capabilities with his other ammo brands.

Don't like the idea of foreigners owning the industry any more than I do with CZ buying Colt, but anyone who believes in expanding market availability has some goo in them. Hopefully he'll undo the bottlenecks Vista imposed...

That was my first thought, then I looked into it and this guy has invested very aggressively in expanding capabilities with his other ammo brands.

Don't like the idea of foreigners owning the industry any more than I do with CZ buying Colt, but anyone who believes in expanding market availability has some goo in them. Hopefully he'll undo the bottlenecks Vista imposed...
CZ hopefully saved Colt. That was a sinking ship, going the way of Winchester and Remington IMO......

Czechs spent years under the German/Soviet/Russian thumb.
They fought for and won their freedom. They remember 1st hand the price they paid.

It's probably safer in their hands than some of the woke leftist corporate scumbags running many of our US boardrooms.

POS Obama approved sale of 40% or more of US pig production/processing/distribution to the Communist Chinese.....Smithfield Foods. POS.

Last Edited:
If they had to sell it to a foreign company, by pure luck or by design they couldnt have picked a better country to sell to. The Czechs are legit and hold more pro-gun American ideals than anywhere else in Europe.

Czechs spent years under the German/Soviet/Russian thumb.
They fought for and won their freedom. They remember 1st hand the price they paid.

It's probably safer in their hands than some of the woke leftist corporate scumbags running many of our US boardrooms.

POS Obama approved sale of 40% or more of US pig production/processing/distribution to the Communist Chinese.....Smithfield Foods. POS.
Smithfield gave me more schwag in 3 years than all other food companies gave me in a solid decade.
That means something.

Other than U.S. $'s going to other countries in form of profits... I think what concerns me is the stranglehold potential it gives foreign powers. I mean we're all buddy buddy at the moment, but if geopolitical situations dramatically changed... or say global shipping comes to a halt... they then have the power to simply cut-off the U.S. civilian markets. Or at the least... the power to artificially create shortages to price gouge us.

Their interests may not necessarily align with the U.S.'s which should be of concern to us all.

Other than U.S. $'s going to other countries in form of profits... I think what concerns me is the stranglehold potential it gives foreign powers. I mean we're all buddy buddy at the moment, but if geopolitical situations dramatically changed... or say global shipping comes to a halt... they then have the power to simply cut-off the U.S. civilian markets. Or at the least... the power to artificially create shortages to price gouge us.

Their interests may not necessarily align with the U.S.'s which should be of concern to us all.
A country that outsources it's manufacturing, outsources it sovereignty…

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews