JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of a local place in the Portland/Beaverton/Vancouver area that might have a 45 acp bore/suppressor alignment rod in stock?

I picked up my suppressor yesterday after just over a year of waiting and after mounting it on my pistol, now I'm paranoid of baffle strikes because it's impossible to tell if it's aligned correctly. The piston and mount are Griffen Armament, the suppressor is SilencerCo Octane 45, and it's on an FNX45, so I'm not worried about the hardware, it's just my first suppressor and I want to err on the side of safety. It's like building an AR with different brand barrel and bolt: you can put it together and shoot it without checking headspace, chances are things will be fine, but you really should check the headspacing because 1 build out of 10,000 will blow up. And suppressor are more difficult to replace.

Thanks.

I'm paranoid of baffle strikes because it's impossible to tell if it's aligned correctly.
This is something I've never had an issue with. I've got a few. A good light and the right angle you'll know if it's looking crooked.

I just put it on and shot it. It worked fine. But the Griffen Armament QD mount wasn't to my liking. It popped off twice. Not cool. Already got a thread on replacement from Oregon Arms.

Put chalk on a round fire it and see if there is any chalk on your baffles what it could work ! I have not had any issues with suppressor alignment I would be concerned if using spacers/adapters direct thread or supplied pistons never had a problem.

Does anyone know of a local place in the Portland/Beaverton/Vancouver area that might have a 45 acp bore/suppressor alignment rod in stock?

I picked up my suppressor yesterday after just over a year of waiting and after mounting it on my pistol, now I'm paranoid of baffle strikes because it's impossible to tell if it's aligned correctly. The piston and mount are Griffen Armament, the suppressor is SilencerCo Octane 45, and it's on an FNX45, so I'm not worried about the hardware, it's just my first suppressor and I want to err on the side of safety. It's like building an AR with different brand barrel and bolt: you can put it together and shoot it without checking headspace, chances are things will be fine, but you really should check the headspacing because 1 build out of 10,000 will blow up. And suppressor are more difficult to replace.

Thanks.
I have one. Precision ground rods.McMaster Carr sells them. I have one for 223 9mm and 45

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top