JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just had to share this. I don't usually do much general gunsmithing but once in a while a job will perk my curiosity. This came in stating it had 2 bullets stuck in it. I had a feeling there was more and I was too curious to pass it up. The barrel was swelled so bad there was no pushing this mess out so we had to resort to milling the barrel free.

This is what can happen if you set the cylinder gap too large on a Dan Wesson. He said it was making quite a flash around the cylinder. I bet it was.

img4615mg.jpg

img4620g.jpg

took me a second to figure out what that was...somebody must be watching out for that guy lol.

(so am i correct in what i see here...he shot all 6 rounds, then reloaded and shot another 6 before he realized it was malfunctioning?)

sounds like maybe a drunk idiot. i had a bullet stick in the barrel of a p.o.s. .38 spec no name revolver once. could tell by the report that something was amiss. looked at gun to find the bullet half in and half out of the end of the barrel. used a piece of welding rod to push the bullet out, checked things over and kept on shooting. never had that happen again. the gun had been sitting for quite a while, loaded. figured oil soaked into cartridge and caused weak fire.

sounds like maybe a drunk idiot. i had a bullet stick in the barrel of a p.o.s. .38 spec no name revolver once. could tell by the report that something was amiss. looked at gun to find the bullet half in and half out of the end of the barrel. used a piece of welding rod to push the bullet out, checked things over and kept on shooting. never had that happen again. the gun had been sitting for quite a while, loaded. figured oil soaked into cartridge and caused weak fire.

I owned a DW revolver many moons ago. If you didn't adjust the cylinder gap correctly you would cause all kinds of problems.

Regarding oil soaking into the ctg., that's why I stopped using WD40 for lubricating firearms years ago. I used to use it regularly when cleaning my shotguns when I shot a lot or Trap and reloaded and wondered why I got so many duds. Finally figured out that WD40 was a penetrating oil and would penetrated the primer pockets and the primers and render them inert.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top