Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

For your amusement.

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Straight Shooter, May 22, 2012.

1. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter North Bend OR Active Member

I just had to share this. I don't usually do much general gunsmithing but once in a while a job will perk my curiosity. This came in stating it had 2 bullets stuck in it. I had a feeling there was more and I was too curious to pass it up. The barrel was swelled so bad there was no pushing this mess out so we had to resort to milling the barrel free.

This is what can happen if you set the cylinder gap too large on a Dan Wesson. He said it was making quite a flash around the cylinder. I bet it was.

img4615mg.jpg

img4620g.jpg

2. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

You gotta be kidding me!
    It only took the guy about 10 shots before he figured out there was a problem.
    I want that guy on my team :thumbup:

3. Toxic6

Toxic6 Higher then a PDX hipster (~10,000 ft higher) Active Member

took me a second to figure out what that was...somebody must be watching out for that guy lol.

(so am i correct in what i see here...he shot all 6 rounds, then reloaded and shot another 6 before he realized it was malfunctioning?)

4. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter North Bend OR Active Member

The official count was eleven before it tied the cylinder up.

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Good Lord! Just proves the old saying; "God looks after idiots and drunks."! :banghead:

6. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

sounds like maybe a drunk idiot. i had a bullet stick in the barrel of a p.o.s. .38 spec no name revolver once. could tell by the report that something was amiss. looked at gun to find the bullet half in and half out of the end of the barrel. used a piece of welding rod to push the bullet out, checked things over and kept on shooting. never had that happen again. the gun had been sitting for quite a while, loaded. figured oil soaked into cartridge and caused weak fire.

7. Cougfan2

I owned a DW revolver many moons ago. If you didn't adjust the cylinder gap correctly you would cause all kinds of problems.

Regarding oil soaking into the ctg., that's why I stopped using WD40 for lubricating firearms years ago. I used to use it regularly when cleaning my shotguns when I shot a lot or Trap and reloaded and wondered why I got so many duds. Finally figured out that WD40 was a penetrating oil and would penetrated the primer pockets and the primers and render them inert.

8. no time

no time Roseburg area Active Member

Wow...
    Hey Clem! Can ya see where I'm hittin' at? Gawd, this Sumdawg kicks! Am I hittin low?...Clem? Where ya goin?:confused:

Pistol was 2 pounds heavier at the end of his shoot.:rolleyes:

9. LuftPost

LuftPost Seattle, WA Member

Total crazy sauce

PDXSparky and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Pogue_Mahone

Pogue_Mahone Eugene, OR Active Member

:rolleyes: Wow.

11. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

I would like to have this guy at my sholder when I but a mega bucks ticket..

12. Cougfan2

No kiddin'. He has a charmed life! :laugh:

13. Wood Worker

Wood Worker Linn County Oregon Active Member

If the first round made it out and hit the bulls eye, perhaps he thought every subsequent shot was going thru the same hole, and that he was the worlds best shot. ;)

Benihaus and (deleted member) like this.