JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ball powder? For handgun, it's a must to use ball powder for me. Even the favorites of Bullseye and Unique weren't right for how I like to load because their flakes didn't drop as smoothly as ball powders. I love H335 for .223 because I can get exact drops every time.
Don't fear the flake @Mikej . Bullseye, Unique and Blue dot meter perfectly consistent in my
Dillon powder thrower. I have been using Bullseye for competition shooting since the early 1980's.
:s0005:

Just me being Mr negative but watching Hodgdon since they bought out so many brands I think they will get rid of many favorites. Add to that it sounds like they are selling it all to a European country so what gets made will be what earns money.

Don't fear the flake @Mikej . Bullseye, Unique and Blue dot meter perfectly consistent in my
Dillon powder thrower. I have been using Bullseye for competition shooting since the early 1980's.
:s0005:
It's not a "Fear" of flake, it's the feel of flake! I don't like the crunch in the RCBS powder drop.. The 1/2gr difference that hesitation, non-smooth throw, of the lever on the powder thrower isn't really a big deal as far as safety goes I wouldn't think. Especially as I'm never running at the top weights. I just don't like to deal with it.

I originally bought a tin 1# can of Bullseye just for the nostalgics but finally popped it open and loaded up some 38/357 and enjoy it. I like this so much I bought two more containers of it, this time they were a little newer but still older. Lol

73BA687D-5C8B-445A-87E4-4DF3E45B4522.jpeg

It's not a "Fear" of flake, it's the feel of flake! I don't like the crunch in the RCBS powder drop.. The 1/2gr difference that hesitation, non-smooth throw, of the lever on the powder thrower isn't really a big deal as far as safety goes I wouldn't think. Especially as I'm never running at the top weights. I just don't like to deal with it.
Crunch!? Try dumping a load of the old DuPont 4831 for a 7 Mag. Now there's CRUNCH!
I am thinking that Alliant 2400 is a good bet to stock up on now.
Yup. Good for the heavy pills in the 357 and 44. But it will leave some unburnt kernels.

1702815377647.png
I love your powder stash. Good stash of Titegroup. I use all of these powders except H322, I use W748 for rifle.
Very similar to H335. Both W748 and H335 meters perfect consistency in a powder thrower.

200 SWC lead or coated blue bullets with 4.0 grains of Bullseye. Classic target load I have been using
for 40 years. Will function in a 45 with standard recoil springs. It is dirty but shoots very accurate.
I've been using 4.0 of bullseye with a 185 lead SWC with great results. Casings land just a couple feet away and just like you said it's DIRTY.

I originally bought a tin 1# can of Bullseye just for the nostalgics but finally popped it open and loaded up some 38/357 and enjoy it. I like this so much I bought two more containers of it, this time they were a little newer but still older. Lol

View attachment 1783136
You are so beautifully organized Jim! I have that same era cardboard Bullseye carton as decoration Along with a Reloader 7 of the same style and one of the old tin push-top 2400s.
Crunch!? Try dumping a load of the old DuPont 4831 for a 7 Mag. Now there's CRUNCH!
I only load two larger cartridges, M1 Garand and Swedish Mauser. I went with IMR 4064 and H4895. Those two are plenty of "Crunch" for me! And I was recently very happy to find reasonably priced/available 6.5 StaBal for the Swede that is sweet to measure!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top