JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ball powder? For handgun, it's a must to use ball powder for me. Even the favorites of Bullseye and Unique weren't right for how I like to load because their flakes didn't drop as smoothly as ball powders. I love H335 for .223 because I can get exact drops every time.
Don't fear the flake @Mikej . Bullseye, Unique and Blue dot meter perfectly consistent in my
Dillon powder thrower. I have been using Bullseye for competition shooting since the early 1980's.
:s0005:

Just me being Mr negative but watching Hodgdon since they bought out so many brands I think they will get rid of many favorites. Add to that it sounds like they are selling it all to a European country so what gets made will be what earns money.

Don't fear the flake @Mikej . Bullseye, Unique and Blue dot meter perfectly consistent in my
Dillon powder thrower. I have been using Bullseye for competition shooting since the early 1980's.
:s0005:
It's not a "Fear" of flake, it's the feel of flake! I don't like the crunch in the RCBS powder drop.. The 1/2gr difference that hesitation, non-smooth throw, of the lever on the powder thrower isn't really a big deal as far as safety goes I wouldn't think. Especially as I'm never running at the top weights. I just don't like to deal with it.

I originally bought a tin 1# can of Bullseye just for the nostalgics but finally popped it open and loaded up some 38/357 and enjoy it. I like this so much I bought two more containers of it, this time they were a little newer but still older. Lol

73BA687D-5C8B-445A-87E4-4DF3E45B4522.jpeg

It's not a "Fear" of flake, it's the feel of flake! I don't like the crunch in the RCBS powder drop.. The 1/2gr difference that hesitation, non-smooth throw, of the lever on the powder thrower isn't really a big deal as far as safety goes I wouldn't think. Especially as I'm never running at the top weights. I just don't like to deal with it.
Crunch!? Try dumping a load of the old DuPont 4831 for a 7 Mag. Now there's CRUNCH!
I am thinking that Alliant 2400 is a good bet to stock up on now.
Yup. Good for the heavy pills in the 357 and 44. But it will leave some unburnt kernels.

1702815377647.png
I love your powder stash. Good stash of Titegroup. I use all of these powders except H322, I use W748 for rifle.
Very similar to H335. Both W748 and H335 meters perfect consistency in a powder thrower.

200 SWC lead or coated blue bullets with 4.0 grains of Bullseye. Classic target load I have been using
for 40 years. Will function in a 45 with standard recoil springs. It is dirty but shoots very accurate.
I've been using 4.0 of bullseye with a 185 lead SWC with great results. Casings land just a couple feet away and just like you said it's DIRTY.

I originally bought a tin 1# can of Bullseye just for the nostalgics but finally popped it open and loaded up some 38/357 and enjoy it. I like this so much I bought two more containers of it, this time they were a little newer but still older. Lol

View attachment 1783136
You are so beautifully organized Jim! I have that same era cardboard Bullseye carton as decoration Along with a Reloader 7 of the same style and one of the old tin push-top 2400s.
Crunch!? Try dumping a load of the old DuPont 4831 for a 7 Mag. Now there's CRUNCH!
I only load two larger cartridges, M1 Garand and Swedish Mauser. I went with IMR 4064 and H4895. Those two are plenty of "Crunch" for me! And I was recently very happy to find reasonably priced/available 6.5 StaBal for the Swede that is sweet to measure!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews