JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A full 7.62x39 case of A2200 topped with a 123 fusion bullet (gold dot) is as good as it gets for hunting or sd. Pain in the posterior to load as it is quite compressed but the juice is worth the squeeze.

I load all the cartridges you mention except 30-30 and 6.5 grendel. A2200 has not really taken hold for me in those other cartridges despite trying. Now A2520 with heavy pills in 223 is serendipitous.

Last Edited:
I had an 8 lb keg of Accurate 2200 data powder. It was okay, but a little too quick burning for optimal results in .223 with bullets 50 grains and heavier. Very economical for plinking loads. I settled on Ramshot TAC for my .223/5.56 loads since it has worked well with 40 to 77 gr bullets, and also is decent in .308 Win and.338 Federal.

Did not know that they reintroduced this. I bought a bunch back when it was a closeout/limited and not in Accurate's loading manual. A folded photocopy of data came with each.

Here is their data, with comments that some .223 shooters have cycling trouble with it. I like the 444 loads. Nice and fast for my wrist-breaker SS pistol.

I like it for 7.62x39. I load 30grains with a 123grain bullet. Good hunting load and fast velocity compared to commercial and military stuff you buy. No pressure signs and get over six reloads on brass

tried dialing it in for even the lighter 50vmax's . groups were never that good . .. but 2200 will work if you just want to go-Bang..and spit bullets out your barrel .
Good to know. I've used it for 40gr and under out of the .223

Got under moa, but not consistent groups I'd like.

2200 8 pounders available now at Brownells. Good price and if I didn't already buy a bunch of other powders recently I would jump on this.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top