JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1862mc.jpg

I'm a single issue voter. Whenever a candidate uses election fraud and bribery to defeat our democratic election processes, that strikes at the very heart of our nation. It is more than an "issue". It is a fundamental blow to democracy. The 2nd Amendment doesn't matter if our votes can be suppressed, flipped, and invalidated, and a nomination stolen. If a candidate is above the law they are by definition not bound by the Constitution or any amendments to it. I will keep my rights described under the 2nd Amendment whether the law says I have them or not. If my vote does not count then alternative actions may be needed to ensure my freedom.

I agree that the single most wrong-sided position the Dems have is in their irrational position on gun control and weapons bans. It is the worst of their ideologies.

Many don't remember this, but not long ago our Republican candidate was in favor of the AWB.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today's Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

My question would be if the Republican nominee were running as a Democrat, with the policies we have heard would you support his candidacy?

Let's look at a few of the positions we have seen him espouse in the past year alone and ask yourself what if this were a Democrat flip-flopping and making these proposals?

IRAQ WAR VOTE

"It's OK that the VP pick (Pence) voted for the Iraq war, but it's not OK that Clinton did"

DEFEATING ISIS
1. Maybe send troops in. Definitely go after the oil fields.
then
2. Bomb the oil fields. Send some troops in.
then
3. Send troops to defeat ISIS. Don't forget about the oil fields.
then
4. Destroy the oil. Let our regional allies send ground troops. If they don't, stop buying their oil.

In an interview with the New York Times published March 26, Trump said that the U.S. should "take" ISIS' oil, but then said the U.S. should "knock the hell out of the oil and do it because it's a primary source of money for ISIS." Trump also ruled out sending in U.S. troops, saying that other countries in the region — "regional Arab partners" such as Saudi Arabia — should provide the ground troops. If these countries did not, the United States would stop buying their oil and withhold "protection" in the region.

then
5. Declare war, send in some troops.

Current position "Declare war, blame Clinton, send in "very few" troops.

REDUCING THE NATIONAL DEBT

"Cut taxes for the wealthy big time."
Current position: Tax cuts for everyone, but maybe not as much as initially proposed.

IMMIGRATION there are so many flips I have to list a few:

1. Build a wall, deport all undocumented immigrants.
then
2. Deport all undocumented immigrants but bring the 'good' ones back legally. Dreamers can maybe stay.
then
3. In August, that ambiguity about dreamers was gone: "They have to go," he said on "Meet the Press."
then
4. Deport undocumented immigrants, but don't call it "mass deportations."

Current position: Deport millions, but don't call it "mass deportations."

Any idea whether or not this move might "increase the size of government" or increase government spending?

A tax cut of 15 trillion dollars for the wealthy? Do you support that? How's that gonna reduce the national debt?

As I have said before, we have a choice between two unacceptable alternatives. On one hand we have a party whose ideology is directly opposed to our personal interests in the 2A, and on the other, a candidate who changes views several times a week and once supported the AWB and whose other ideas are frankly insane.

My view is, get your gun stuff together now, rather than vote for a person absolutely unqualified to be commander-in-chief.

I am a single issue voter: Limit Government.

As in: how much intrusion the government has in my life must be minimized.

This is the crux of the issue. At this point, we are left to choose who will be the next president. One is among the most lawless candidates to ever run for the office. The other has a long history of lining her pockets with the proceeds from said lawlessness and helping it along. There is no win here. Arguing that one is better than the other, is really a kobayashi maru.

The major threat we face going forward is unchecked government power. Who is wielding said power is of little consequence unless we somehow hope to escape it's gaze for just another election cycle and are content with winning the fight for today but ignore the inevitability of losing the war tomorrow.

I'm really unwilling to engage in endorsement of either. However, what is most important is who we elect in congress and state representatives. It's really likely that at this point the outcome of a lot of elections is going to be decided by how many people turn up to vote. Whoever the next president is, I would like them to have the greatest of difficulty in nominating left wing judges who will do little but rubber stamp the latest overreach.

What is most important, is changing the narrative of the Bill of Rights being a limitation put on the government, to pointing out that the rights enumerated in the BoR are given by nature to everyone at birth, and as such any attempt to take them away goes not just against the constitution, but humanity itself.

"Every single day in America, 91 people die of gun violence. Two-thirds of those souls are from suicide. "

I continue to be baffled by how the gun control folks get away with having this mantra as one of their biggest complaints while continuing to be pro assisted or legal use of prescriptions to commit suicide. "What difference does it make!?"

For me, the only threat is to the 2nd, and that must me stopped dead in it's tracks, Period, end of story! For the question of which SOB to vote in, None, but the other choices just don't have a snow balls chance in hell! Sorry, I HAVE to vote single issue, not because I like guns, not because I like hunting, not because I like the community of like minded folks, I have to vote Protection of the 2nd, because if I don't, I will loose all of my rights! A little here, little there, and soon, They are all gone down the flusher! Then what do we have! I don't want my kids looking me in the eye asking Dad, W.T.F didn't you do something to try and stop this! When it all comes down to what we have in our future, we have to stop this insane attack on our rights! What ever the outcome of this election cycle, We have to slam on the anti 2nd brakes and hold ALL those responsable to task and start putting them on trial for treason! That stops future cycles of anti B.O.R. attacks! It HAS TO START RIGHT FRIGGIN NOW!!! So it's Trump, Or death of "Merica!

I may be turning into a single issue voter after all; but the issue ain't guns, it is nuclear war. Nothing else matters if you and everyone else is incinerated. Lots of people, including some on the left, think Hitlary is the candidate most likely to trigger a nuclear war with Russia or China. So I may vote Trump after all, rather than staying home.

Guns? I don't believe it is a political issue. We will remain armed if we have the determination to do so. If we don't, we deserve to be turned into slaves. It's an internal thing and does not depend on courts, President, or any other external factor including the 2nd Amendment. So it is not my single voting issue.

Paul, I think lightning just struck my brain, That was about the best post yet! You are absolutely correct, hence the Russians messing round with the e mails and other Net related stuff should tell every one the true fears world wide! Killery and co would be the most likely to push the big red button against Putin and China AND North Korea! I think your single issue "trumps" all other's! The bonus we get following your plan is a canidate who isn't so bent on "Gun Control" as Killery is!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews