JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ed Rendell, Democrat of Pennsylvania wants you to become one.

Calling for an end to gun violence before another tragedy at DNC (http://www.dailylocal.com/article/DL/20160725/NEWS/160729877)

Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell (D) tells a gathering of activists in Philadelphia it's time for Democrats to be "single issue" voters for gun control.

The gathering was co-hosted by the PA SAFE Caucus, "Everytown for Gun Safety, American State Legislators for Gun Violence Prevention, CeaseFirePA," and Gabby Giffords's gun control group, Americans for Responsible Solutions.

According to Daily Local News, Rendell said, "If we're going to make progress, the message we have to take is that we're going to be single-issue voters. I don't care about e-mails or anything else, (but) we need to vote for Hillary Clinton because she is someone who is going to make progress on gun control."

He added, "I'm not ashamed of being a single-issue voter. This is a fight worth fighting for."

I hate the idea of being a single issue voter, but until Democrats drop the gun control crap they've been peddling, I will be a single issue voter. My rights come before other considerations and it's clear the Democrats don't care about my rights enough to leave me well enough alone. I've even voted for Dems in the past myself, based on a review of what each candidate stood for. If they gave up on gun control, I would go back to being a more thoughtful voter. They have brought this on, they can make it end....but they won't.

Im already a single issue voter .....from the constant & myopic DEMOCRAT views over gun control....which has been packaged up within a ton of lies and false narratives in order to sooth their collective mental instability......hoplophobia

Being a one issue voter doesn't bother me a bit! The demos don't fit my idea of what government should be, at all! Starts with 2A and goes right down the list!
I gutted up and watched a little of the DMC speeches and this slick talker, no idea just who, was running off points that Ms Clinton was going to do for everybody! I kept PO'ing the wife because after every point, I said "Who's paying for that!"
The question was never addressed from the podium, but you and I know, don't we?:mad:

I wouldn't call myself a SIV, but more I have a "Gatekeeper Issue" that decides if you even GET a "job interview." You can be pro-gun and still not have my vote depending on other important issues, but if you're an anti you might as well not waste your time or mine.

Trump v Clinton.jpg

"Every single day in America, 91 people die of gun violence. Two-thirds of those souls are from suicide. "

ah, yes, the whole get rid of guns to solve mental health issues. Sure it does not matter than there arent enough mental health providers, that Regan got risk of all the mental health institutions, that medicaid patients have very little option to get adequate care, that insurance does not want to pay for mental health.

That'll solve the problems. You can be suicidal, but at least you cant kill yourself, plus look at the plus side you still get to pay your taxes so we can keep telling you how awesome obamacare is. Plus you get to contribute to United Health's CEO's $15 million a year salary. That's got to snap you out of that crippling depression knowing how happy you made him.

Last Edited:
Firearm ownership and the right that it entails isnt just an "issue", its a constitutional duty.

Anyone, and I mean anyone opposing the second amendment in any way shape or form is going against the constitution and should be tried for treason.

Its the best way to ensure you'll have a constitutional candidate, someone that does look out for everyones rights. And going by the constitution, you cannot do wrong. (IMO)

We as gun owners have asked our more liberal/progressive friends to become more single issue oriented when it comes to defending gun rights over the years.
And they have repeatedly rebuffed thos attempts.
I find it more than fitting now, that a major player within the dem party, and a group of Bloomberg's puppets are asking dem voters to do just that, but from the other side of the argument.

To become the single issue voter that votes against his/her own interest.
And I for one would like to hear what they have to say.

So speak up guys.
Are you out there?

I hate the idea of being a single issue voter, but until Democrats drop the gun control crap they've been peddling, I will be a single issue voter. My rights come before other considerations and it's clear the Democrats don't care about my rights enough to leave me well enough alone. I've even voted for Dems in the past myself, based on a review of what each candidate stood for. If they gave up on gun control, I would go back to being a more thoughtful voter. They have brought this on, they can make it end....but they won't.

This sums up my position word for word!

I'm really disappointed with the Democrats. I agree with them on many social issues, and even some economic ones, but it's because I lean towards populism, in the sense that power should be with the people. They talk a lot about empowerment, and in some cases they're right (LGBT rights, the importance of strong labor unions, etc.), but they seem to forget that it doesn't matter how nominally empowered you are if you must rely on government for your own protection, or if you have no means of disempowering an oppressive government. I don't unilaterally oppose control measures - for example, I like the idea of a properly implemented UBC system (note that I don't think the current system is proper implementation). However, the Democrats tend to mean "eliminate" when they say control. I feel incredibly limited by the choice of either Democrats who talk about empowerment, but are really just a different kind of statist, and Republicans, who are generally puritanical, protectionist statists. What's a self-respecting populist to do these days? I feel like it's forced me into being a single-issue voter, simply because I can't agree with either platform, so I just have to pick one issue (or at least, a small number) and bite the bullet on the rest.

This is a particularly bad election for this to raise its head, with some really poor choices.
I can' trust hillary, I've seen the obfuscation, misdirection and outright lies for too many years. 25 at least. This gun control thing has been the most truthful thing she's talked about during that span. She has always been anti-gun.
But her dissing of the SCOTUS over the issue absolutely makes me gnash my teeth.
How DARE she!

But OTOH, trump seems to think he can dog-whistle his way into the White House, and that doesn't cut it with me. Gimme some substance man! Give me something more than "we're going to,..."

Seconded. I've left the democrat party not for the least of reasons their asinine war on 2A. Just tonight in fact. Regressive leftists, 3rd wave feminists, BLM enablers and Islamist apologists... absolute cancer on society. Funny thing is, most of them don't even realize it and are doing it with good intentions. #ImOut

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top