JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regardless of the item (gun or otherwise) it seems there is always someone who will take it to the Ultimate Level because there is always someone who will buy it regardless of the price. Heck half the time these types probably don't even know what they ARE buying other than it's a one of a kind and no one else has one. Practicality is never as issue just as long as they have something no one else has. Take a look a the 'custom' knife market as an example - some pretty spendy stuff in that arena.

Looking at these custom guns, I don't get the impression that the folks making these are really firearms enthusiasts so much as jewelry makers that pander to people so rich they are literally out of touch with reality. None of these Damascus/Wooly Mamoth Tusk 1911's will ever be fired, much less have Hoppe's #9 spilled on the barrels. Likely many will be purchased as gifts (read bribes) for heads of states before a trade deal. The recipient may keep it in a display box somewhere until it is forgotten in the mountain of luxurious crap in the owner's sprawling third vacation home (the one in the desert where the camels and peacocks have free run of the grounds).

There are many art and jewelry dealers and interior decorators who make a comfortable living pandering pretty things to the rich and these guys are just doing it with classic guns. Polishing, not innovating, and nothing more. Looking at these with the eyes of a true firearms enthusiast and you're missing the point.

Hmmph....Still waiting for that National Standard Deluxe to come through, at $11500.00. Maybe they didn't get my e-mail?

Reminds me of the decorative Christmas tree 'star' that was a featured on a TV show here in yUK just before the holiday. It showed the whole deal - from the 'inspiration' - a half-million dollar diamond as the centre glitter - to the diamond-encrusted pointy bits. It was made, not actually for a particular person, but as a 'come and buy me' window novelty. At a million dollars even, it was sold within a couple of day...

Some folks have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money.

tac

1452790958030.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/01/14/guns-made-meteorite-price-tag-1-million.html?intcmp=hpff

1452790958030.jpg

I'm curious to see what they look like, all I've seen so far is the grips they've made from meteorite. If I has that same pattern on the entire gun, should be cool. Not a million doll hairs cool, but cool.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top