JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those are real purdy and had I the disposable income to purchase such beautiful firearms I would. Though, part of me would always wonder why on earth did they make the tolerances so tight. Seems like it defeats one of the platforms original design criteria of being able to function in less than ideal conditions.

$5950 for a left-handed version of the 1911?

Yet again us lefties get penalised for being sinister.....:cool:

All of my Colt M1911 and A1s rattled when you shook 'em, even the Singer Sewing Machine version. Else how does the sh!te of a battlefield get out of the way? In WW1 the Ross rifle, made like a microscope, was a disaster in the trenches.

In WW1 AND WW2, the Po8 was replaced as soon as the P38 went into production, and as fast as it could be done.

What does that tell you about micro-tolerance firearms in real-life situations?

Both my AKs would function, and did, many hundreds of times, after being being in mud and sand in pieces that were then assembled as they came out of the ground/water/mud/dust. They worked perfectly. I would not have DARED to do that with anything made in the West.

Sure these guns are works of art, and our little world of guns is better off for having them around - I think - but there's a big 'but' in the back of my mind. I'd rather have a gun that rattles than one that hisses as the parts move.

tac

Remember Ricardo Montalban when he did the Chrysler commercials in the 70's, talking about the rich Corinthian leather? When I started reading the description of the gun I could just picture him telling me how the unique black blued finish will hold my attention for eternity......:rolleyes:

I'd rather have a gun that rattles than one that hisses as the parts move.
AND one that I can carry in a holster, shoot and not have to worry about, so to speak. While I appreciate artistic renditions of certain things (including guns) I would never own anything at this level. Heck it was tough enough to take my new Henry out for the first time - and now I have and yes the scratches are appearing and the brass is fading! I am eyeballing a new Gold Cup but it's just too pretty to take out and shoot so I'll probably pass on it.

Kinda reminds of of how in Yeager's classes, he has everyone take their pistol and throw it on the ground. A tool aint ment to be pretty.

That said.. I do loves me a sexy 1911 although I find a old beat to hell, made in 1914 that has been drug through a world war or two look faaaar better then one all blinged up.:)

But,but, who's gonna shoot a $50,000 1911 ?..............;)
Damascus
feature-image-2-798x250.jpg
A sign of wealth since biblical times, Damascus steel was used to create the weapons of Kings and Chieftains. Valued for it's beauty and strength, Damascus steel was not only an indication of power by it's holder but was also considered to contain mythical properties. It is with this inspiration we have crafted this gun we simply call The Damascus.

1150181-1024x888.jpg

To our knowledge the Cabot Damascus 1911 is the first traditional folded steel Damascus pistol ever produced. Other pistols described as Damascus are formed from powdered Damascus, not artisan true folded steel Damascus.

P1150177-1024x897.jpg

Born from a 50 layer block of American artisan made stainless steel by master Damascus craftsman Chad Nichols, the Cabot Damascus 1911 represents a new achievement. Extraordinary to machine and grind this will likely be the only 1911 we will produce from true traditional folded Damascus steel.

P1150192-1024x1024.jpg

The grips for this pistol are also a work of art. Commissioned from sculptor and artist Brian Challis, the grips on the Cabot Damascus 1911 are created from an ancient tooth of the woolly mammoth. Other refined details include the Cabot Tri-Star trigger with a rounded front pad knurled on a rounded and radius pattern, yet another engineering feat.

P1150199-1024x1024.jpg

The Cabot Damascus 1911 forms part of Cabot's OAK (one-of-a-kind) Collection. Cabot's OAK Collection firearms are investment grade pistols and pistol sets of unprecedented quality and rarity. Truly a masterpiece of hand-finished craftsmanship, the Cabot Damascus 1911 place in history has already been firmly established. What remains to be seen is whether or not its place in your history will be assured.

Price: $50,000...... SOLD !

SOLD

My "go to" gun, the one that I carry most of the time, is a Dan Wesson CBOB. It was very pretty when I got it. A little banged up now. I treat it well, but it is a tool. One that I trust.
A damn good tool, that is!

Kinda reminds of of how in Yeager's classes, he has everyone take their pistol and throw it on the ground. A tool aint ment to be pretty.

That said.. I do loves me a sexy 1911 although I find a old beat to hell, made in 1914 that has been drug through a world war or two look faaaar better then one all blinged up.:)

Yeah, I don't throw tools on the ground either! That's why I still have all my tools and my dads and both grandfathers! They all work too! Just like my pistols!

Next thing will doubtless be a Cabot handgun made with a healthy percentage of genuine moondust - for a million dollars.

As useful as a chocolate fireguard.

They just have to the millionaire's version of the many 'desirable' products of Mitchell Arms...

tac

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top