Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

for the discerning gun owner with enough disposable income to choke a rhino

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by IheartSig, Oct 4, 2015.

1. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

http://cabotgun.com/

In case anyone decides they want to buy a pair of 1911's instead of ...you know.....a house.

2. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

think I will order a matching set....

darn that bgc changed my mind:s0054:

Caveman Jim likes this.
  3. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Minimum reserve? My hunch is the sale price will be higher.

I didn't pay that much for my house. :D

4. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Those are real purdy and had I the disposable income to purchase such beautiful firearms I would. Though, part of me would always wonder why on earth did they make the tolerances so tight. Seems like it defeats one of the platforms original design criteria of being able to function in less than ideal conditions.

Caveman Jim and tac like this.
  5. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

$5950 for a left-handed version of the 1911?

Yet again us lefties get penalised for being sinister.....:cool:

All of my Colt M1911 and A1s rattled when you shook 'em, even the Singer Sewing Machine version. Else how does the sh!te of a battlefield get out of the way? In WW1 the Ross rifle, made like a microscope, was a disaster in the trenches.

In WW1 AND WW2, the Po8 was replaced as soon as the P38 went into production, and as fast as it could be done.

What does that tell you about micro-tolerance firearms in real-life situations?

Both my AKs would function, and did, many hundreds of times, after being being in mud and sand in pieces that were then assembled as they came out of the ground/water/mud/dust. They worked perfectly. I would not have DARED to do that with anything made in the West.

Sure these guns are works of art, and our little world of guns is better off for having them around - I think - but there's a big 'but' in the back of my mind. I'd rather have a gun that rattles than one that hisses as the parts move.

tac

STUKA likes this.
  6. 66PonyCar

66PonyCar Tigard, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Remember Ricardo Montalban when he did the Chrysler commercials in the 70's, talking about the rich Corinthian leather? When I started reading the description of the gun I could just picture him telling me how the unique black blued finish will hold my attention for eternity......:rolleyes:

DuneHopper and IheartSig like this.
  7. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

AND one that I can carry in a holster, shoot and not have to worry about, so to speak. While I appreciate artistic renditions of certain things (including guns) I would never own anything at this level. Heck it was tough enough to take my new Henry out for the first time - and now I have and yes the scratches are appearing and the brass is fading! I am eyeballing a new Gold Cup but it's just too pretty to take out and shoot so I'll probably pass on it.

8. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Kinda reminds of of how in Yeager's classes, he has everyone take their pistol and throw it on the ground. A tool aint ment to be pretty.

That said.. I do loves me a sexy 1911 although I find a old beat to hell, made in 1914 that has been drug through a world war or two look faaaar better then one all blinged up.:)

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  9. hker71

hker71 Portland Metro Area Active Member

Holy cow! :s0001: I'll stick with my Colt 1991 thank you.

10. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Me too - and mine shoots into 1.5" bench rested - with the right handloads

11. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

But,but, who's gonna shoot a $50,000 1911 ?..............;)
    Damascus
    feature-image-2-798x250.jpg
    A sign of wealth since biblical times, Damascus steel was used to create the weapons of Kings and Chieftains. Valued for it’s beauty and strength, Damascus steel was not only an indication of power by it’s holder but was also considered to contain mythical properties. It is with this inspiration we have crafted this gun we simply call The Damascus.

1150181-1024x888.jpg

To our knowledge the Cabot Damascus 1911 is the first traditional folded steel Damascus pistol ever produced. Other pistols described as Damascus are formed from powdered Damascus, not artisan true folded steel Damascus.

P1150177-1024x897.jpg

Born from a 50 layer block of American artisan made stainless steel by master Damascus craftsman Chad Nichols, the Cabot Damascus 1911 represents a new achievement. Extraordinary to machine and grind this will likely be the only 1911 we will produce from true traditional folded Damascus steel.

P1150192-1024x1024.jpg

The grips for this pistol are also a work of art. Commissioned from sculptor and artist Brian Challis, the grips on the Cabot Damascus 1911 are created from an ancient tooth of the woolly mammoth. Other refined details include the Cabot Tri-Star trigger with a rounded front pad knurled on a rounded and radius pattern, yet another engineering feat.

P1150199-1024x1024.jpg

The Cabot Damascus 1911 forms part of Cabot’s OAK (one-of-a-kind) Collection. Cabot’s OAK Collection firearms are investment grade pistols and pistol sets of unprecedented quality and rarity. Truly a masterpiece of hand-finished craftsmanship, the Cabot Damascus 1911 place in history has already been firmly established. What remains to be seen is whether or not its place in your history will be assured.

Price: $50,000...... SOLD !

SOLD

orygun likes this.
  12. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

There super nice.
    i think id rather buy full autos though. gatlin gun. electric run.

13. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

What's disposable income?

jluck, tac and Mr.B like this.
  14. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Sticking with my Glocks

v0lcom13sn0w, d2the3 and orygun like this.
  15. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I do not understand what it's like to have that kind of money. Though, I wouldn't mind learning what it's like ;)

orygun likes this.
  16. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My "go to" gun, the one that I carry most of the time, is a Dan Wesson CBOB. It was very pretty when I got it. A little banged up now. I treat it well, but it is a tool. One that I trust.
    A damn good tool, that is!

17. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, I don't throw tools on the ground either! That's why I still have all my tools and my dads and both grandfathers! They all work too! Just like my pistols!

bgdawgrr likes this.
  18. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

"Nanotechnologists"
    I love that - totally reality-free marketing wordsmithing.

To quote W. C. Fields,
    "It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money."

jbett98 and tac like this.
  19. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Next thing will doubtless be a Cabot handgun made with a healthy percentage of genuine moondust - for a million dollars.

As useful as a chocolate fireguard.

They just have to the millionaire's version of the many 'desirable' products of Mitchell Arms...

tac

20. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'd rather spend that kind of money on some private land up near the Blue Mountains

Sgt Nambu, orygun and tac like this.