JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doing more research and found this full sized (26" wheels) folding fully suspended e-bike:

costs more, but found out it seems to be less expensive in Canada, especially if you pay with USD
For $2200 I can tow a used Civic behind my truck. :D

Yeah......when I was younger and living in HI. Having a bicycle lic. (meaning: reg/tax) was required. Even for pure pedal power.

So.....an e-bike or even with a small motor of any type.....

Why not?

I'd venture to say that most Politicians never met a tax that they didn't like. Ha, ha, ha.......Rrrrright, HI is run by the Dems.

Aloha, Mark

....and for those that aren't all that stable on 2 wheels...
.... put some big wheels on the ol' mobility scooter, and s-l-o-w-ly head for the hills.:)
( or to the Bi-Mart)

1633838390767.png

Yeah......when I was younger and living in HI. Having a bicycle lic. (meaning: reg/tax) was required. Even for pure pedal power.

So.....an e-bike or even with a small motor of any type.....

Why not?

I'd venture to say that most Politicians never met a tax that they didn't like. Ha, ha, ha.......Rrrrright, HI is run by the Dems.

Aloha, Mark
I remember that too.

That looks like it fits in a pretty small space. They look solid and they have an adjustable front suspension. Looks like a good deal at $1200.
I have a RadRover and will say that they are a pretty well designed bike. Mine's a rear drive (same as the RadMini) which will have it's detriments, but those bikes get up and move on the flats.

FWIW, Monkey bike maximum weight capacity including rider, all luggage, and accessories: 229 lb.
Ignoring the fact that I'd look like the proverbial monkey gorilla F.ing a football, stark nekkid I'd be be exceeding that by abit.

Their YT channel is awesome. I ran across them last year when I was looking at the ins and out of residential elevators.
Same guy is converting a Humvee to electric. I will be interested to see how that actually works when it is done. Not sure what he does for a living, but he must have some $ because he has a Rivian on order and the Humvee conversion can't be cheap.

This is cool but there is something wrong with the audio. It sounds/looks like they did a studio voice-over. It's very distracting. But The Rig is pretty darn cool.

To an ATV/UTV owner, this is a hand-controlled light-weight electric quad. That doesn't diminish it in any way - in fact it makes it a fantastic concept. Nice!
Electric ATVs are coming, but not mainstream yet due to weight and power density - so yes, a lightweight quad cycle like this is a nice compromise, especially for those of us who can't ride a two wheeler (or eventually won't be able to, which will probably be me in ten years).

There are variations of this concept.

Electric ATVs are coming, but not mainstream yet due to weight and power density - so yes, a lightweight quad cycle like this is a nice compromise, especially for those of us who can't ride a two wheeler (or eventually won't be able to, which will probably be me in ten years).

There are variations of this concept.

I like the independent rear suspension. That could be a big improvement for trail riding, and leaning would be nice except on really tight trails.

For the places I go you need wider tires than that and a locking diff (which this new one may have or emulate for all I know). That's part of why sport quads typically have a single swing arm in the back. The lightest solution at the time was a one piece rear axle with a single arm, shock and spring. Both wheels always turn at the same speed. It makes it ride a little weird and it's difficult to steer at low speed on high-traction surfaces like pavement, but gives it amazing traction and hill climbing ability. It also makes them very controllable in a drift. Mud, sand and snow are why you need wide tires. Also for amazing launches from a dead stop on a gravel road. :D Wheelies and rooster tails at the same time. Good times, good times. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top