JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is the present inflationary economy changing anything with your preparations?

• Yes, this is a major factor I/we are addressing. Things are looking bad.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • It is a concern and has impacted some significant decisions.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Kinda-sorta. More an annoyance at this point, but concerned.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Not really, though I've noticed.

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Nope, no real changes to speak of.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Um, eh, wut? Is inflation whatcha git when u had too much beans?

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
The title of the thread pretty much says it all. Is the current, 30-year high inflation impacting your preparations? How are you mitigating said? Any longer term changes you plan to make?

Thanks for sharing!

I suspect the general public will begin to take notice by early next year. Currently the increases in PPI intermediate and final prices are pretty staggering as well as in Rents, but those numbers have only just now begun to impact the CPI (this month), and they will continue to impact it for the next several months into Spring of next year, attracting more media attention. We've been through a 40 year stretch of Disinflation that is pretty well ingrained in most people nowadays. We could be witnessing a Sea Change at this point. I am watching very closely, as I remember intimately the 1965 to 1981 period and the pain that inflation caused.

Nothing personal here. So.....LOL.....
I'd like to ask?

I_will_allow_it.gif

OK, Ok, ok....the question is?

Does being a pollster for BRANDON pay well?

COME_on_man.jpg

Lord_I_apologize_for_that.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I'm doing a lot less penny pinching and buying ahead of price increases, especially if things I normally buy go on sale. I plan to eat, clothe and arm myself tomorrow at today's prices

Nothing really needs to be added or changed in my opinion.

Spend less, go less places. That's not that big of a deal as that has always been the MO.

We like food and that is where a food portion of our monthly budget goes. We have noticed the changes in prices in most things. We have been trying to discover new recipes and such that take advantage of less expensive foods. Tried a lentil and rice dish for the second time tonight. Turned it really good.

The biggest problem now is being able to replace used supplies or getting more of something you have found is really good.
1. It can be hard to find some things.
2. The prices have gone through the roof since Covid. The deals around black friday in 2019 were already not as good as the past but the prices for almost everything are crazy expensive now.

Other than LDS supplies which are still extreme;ly cheap in comparison. It's hard to find affordable items.

I'm boycotting beef, if that counts?
Oh, we're done with Papa Murphy's as they raised their large pizza's to $18.99. Three bucks since we last had one.

Papa can kiss my pepperoni!

Nothing really needs to be added or changed in my opinion.

Spend less, go less places. That's not that big of a deal as that has always been the MO.

We like food and that is where a food portion of our monthly budget goes. We have noticed the changes in prices in most things. We have been trying to discover new recipes and such that take advantage of less expensive foods. Tried a lentil and rice dish for the second time tonight. Turned it really good.
try this, bloody amazing..

I sub the fresh tomato for canned ones, just easier but whatever
Also.. Spanish Chorizo is hard to find locally, i use Lingucia.. its pretty close.

do not use Mexican Chrizo.. its not remotely the same.

Also.. Spanish Chorizo is hard to find locally, i use Lingucia.. its pretty close.

She talks funny. Spells funny too! "Smocked Paprika" :s0140:

Just teasing. And, you might have solved my dilemma of what's for dinner tonight!

I'd switch out splitpeas for the lentils, and kielbasa for the chorizo.
Thats how the POLISH DO.

Because of inflation and the likelihood that IP17 and IP18 will become law, I am spending lots of money on semi-autos. I may regret it if I have to pay to register each one separately.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top