JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've narrowed it down to two option the Octane 45 k or the Osprey 45. The hosts will be an HK45 and a P30. I'm torn because it seems like the Osprey 45 performs better than the Octane 45 k by about 7-8 decibels. But the octane k is compact and user serviceable (which I hear isn't a big deal when your using centerfire cartridges). Help me decide. Thanks.

That's a tough one. I solved it by buying both.
The Osprey stays on my HK 45 Tactical and the Octane was purchased for the new Sig Sauer MPX carbine, but after waiting for almost a year for Sig to get them in the stores, I gave up and am currently looking at building an SBR .45 acp AR.

I do like the Osprey better in terms of sound suppression and it looks way more cool when it's mounted on a 1911 style pistol.

hk 45 with Osprey 003.JPG

That photo brought a tear to my eye.[emoji6]

That's really what it comes down to. Sound suppression. Is it a pretty noticeable difference? Are you running it wet or dry?

I run dry. Messing around with water just doesn't make sense to me.
The Osprey has more internal volume inside it then other cans and everyone that shot it has really liked the quietness, balance and looks, but the 45 Octane is rated for full auto and works with .300 Blackout, but nowhere near as well as my AAC 7.62 SDN 6 can.

Right now, I am using the Octane on my vintage HK P9S pistol.
It has a fixed barrel with delayed blow-back rollers that requires a fixed spacer in place of the recoil booster spring.
The Navy Seals adopted this gun in the seventies for suppressors, but back then suppressors were rather large, heavy and unwieldy.
It's really quiet on this 9mm pistol and feels well balanced when mounted.
Since the barrel isn't moving and was HK's first polygonal rifled barrel, is very accurate and is one of the few pistols I own that's a natural point and shoot on target without squinting down the sights.

Someday I hope to buy a .45 acp target model

hk 9ps 004.JPG

I run dry. Messing around with water just doesn't make sense to me.
The Osprey has more internal volume inside it then other cans and everyone that shot it has really liked the quietness, balance and looks, but the 45 Octane is rated for full auto and works with .300 Blackout, but nowhere near as well as my AAC 7.62 SDN 6 can.

View attachment 260517

Is it the Octane 45 or the Octane 45 K? What I'm looking at is the Octane 45 K vs. the regular Osprey 45. I feel the same way on running suppressors wet, just don't like the hassle or the mess.

Mines the Octane 45 HD. Had it about a year now.
I buy all my good stuff at Curt's and they give you a free adapter when you pick up the can.

Now comes the long wait.
I used Tornado Technologies for barrel threading while I waited for the ATF to process my form 4's.
Can't say enough good things about their quality workmanship.
Not the cheapest,but the best in my opinion, and they're in your neck of the woods.

Well considering I was about to buy a threaded barrel, tornado tech might end up being cheaper. I will reach out to them. Thanks again.

You can walk in on Friday's and drop off pistol barrels. All rifle barrels must be shipped to his shop.
Get them dropped off now, as the return time is in months, not weeks.
He threaded a vintage High Standard .22lr pistol barrel for me and the barrel extension and smooth style threads cap are so perfect in machining and bluing, you can't tell that it's been threaded when the cap is on.

Just and update, my form 4 came back with a stamp on 21st of January. With just under 3 months of a waiting period, I think I'm going to try my luck on a .556 can now. (they are starting to multiply)

Just and update, my form 4 came back with a stamp on 21st of January. With just under 3 months of a waiting period, I think I'm going to try my luck on a .556 can now. (they are starting to multiply)
That's pretty quick. My first can was 11+ months wait.

Welcome to the stamp collecting addiction. First you get a can, then a second. Next you'll be thinking about doing a SBR. Finally you'll start thinking a full auto would be fun and justify it by saying it will be an investment. It's a slippery slope.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top