JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you coat your firearms?

• Total voters
Status
the "black chrome" i'm talken about ,is the same as our german auto makers use (window mlds.,door edge guards,and side mlds. in my line of work i haven't seen any difference in quality----also found on many small parts on newer motorcycles . i'v checked a piece that was damaged (ground through,or sanded through) , and it is intermedate plated with copper just as a chrome bumper !

steven

No way to vote in your poll because every singe answer had a bias, or bent to it. I would most definitely coat every single firearm I own if money were not a factor for none of the reasons you listed in your poll. Firearms ARE more durable and weather resistant when properly coated. Regarding appearance, that is in the eye of the beholder but any stainless firearm looks much better coated to my eye and since I will NEVER own a blued steel firearm, coating is a great solution. Lastly, and I don't mean this to be argumentative at all but personally the only coating I would never put on a firearm is chrome - chrome is the only finish that I know of that is harder to maintain than blued steel.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads