JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every time I buy a new gun, I christen it by taking it out in my boat that afternoon. I'll be damned if that stupid boat doesn't capsize every freaking time!

In all the years I have purchased firearms this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. I wont name the dealer because it was an honest mistake on their end and it ended up having nothing to do with me, but I am more curious on how this would actually play out if it was a real situation.

I moved to a new area a few months ago and I ordered a rifle from a dealer I have never been to before. It came in last week and I picked it up on Saturday morning. I filled out the background check paperwork and he called in for the approval. After 10 minutes or so he hung up the phone and told me I was approved and good to go. Fast forward to yesterday. I get a call from the dealer and when I answer the phone he says I need you to return that gun I sold you. I was confused and asked him why, I was actually assuming there was design flaw with the firearm and it was a safety recall or something. He then told me that my background check was reversed and came back as denied and I needed to return the firearm. I told him such a thing has never happened to me before and he asked me if I had any felonies that would be an issue and I said nothing this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. He said well let me look at something really quick and then he suddenly said he made a mistake and called the wrong person it was a person with a name similar to mine and he made a mistake and we are good and nothing to worry about.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen before? I was honestly somewhat shocked that a background check can get approved and then would be reversed days later. I had nothing to worry about as I had nothing to hide but isn't the point of the background check to keep firearms out of the hands of the criminals? Handing a criminal a gun and then asking for it back a few days later seems a little backwards to me? But who knows maybe this is more normal than I think?
Lol F him sell the gun to me and let's really see what's happening HEHEHEHGEHEBB

Government shut down lol .
Build the wall and get back to letting us buy are legal guns and stop the ILLAGAL GUNS.

MMMM IS THAT CONSIDER RACIST .
LOL

Don't take it back .
Tell the you promise not to use it in a illagal crime.and it will stay in your safe until they contact you.
Lol
I wish I could walk out of a gun store on the day I buy it.
I wait 10 day every time.
Lol witch is RIDICULOUS.
IF I WANTED A GUN TO COMMIT A CRIME.
WHY WOULD I GO BUY A NEW ONE.
I have 25 in my safe.
Mmm......

I was in a store recently and a guy passed the background check and left with a gun. 10 or 15 minutes later the state calls back and asks if the guy was still there. Apparently he was good to go under Federal law so the State approved him. After the approval, it turns out he was guilty of some a crime that in Oregon prevented him from buying a gun. Funny thing was supposedly he could keep any he had prior but he couldn't buy any while on probation. A Deputy was in the store and they were trying to contact the guy to get him to return the gun or they were going to escalate things for the dude.

Yeah. Your'e never going to get an ATF agent working on correcting something like that at least on the gound. Its going to be a local law enforcement guy 100% of the time.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top