JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No firearms, but you get the message...

Wolf skulls.JPG

I do like to buy footwear. I bought some new hiking shoes and boots recently - probably more than I need (the shoes I needed, the boots not, but they were waterproof, leather, OD green and on sale).

I went through a shoes phase. Still kept my boots and dress shoes but got rid of the rest. I'm on my 3rd pair of Ecco business casual shoes and 2nd pair of these (https://olukai.com/products/moloa-mens-leather-slippers-dark-wood?variant=32925612933219) - wear them until the sole wears a hole through them then replace.

I walk a lot.

I went through a shoes phase. Still kept my boots and dress shoes but got rid of the rest. I'm on my 3rd pair of Ecco business casual shoes and 2nd pair of these (https://olukai.com/products/moloa-mens-leather-slippers-dark-wood?variant=32925612933219) - wear them until the sole wears a hole through them then replace.

I walk a lot.
I mostly get Keen footwear these days. My Keen shoes that I wore for years and years for casual, are getting a bit ratty, so I bought some new shoes for wear when I want good walking shoes but need something for town. I do have a pair of black slip ons for funerals/weddings, but I want some casual slip ons.

I have a pair of Vasque waterproof hiking boots I keep in the car for emergencies, the Keens I just got are a bit stouter and stiffer leather. Then I have some steel toe work boots for when I need those while working with power equipment (chainsaws) and edged tools (axes/etc.).

"Our" money?

How is it "our" money?

There is your money, and there is my money. I pay the mortgage/utilities/insurance, I buy the food, I spend my money however/wherever else I want to. There is no "our" money.
Man I feel sorry for your wife. The old marriage vows used to say "and to all my earthly possessions I pledge"

My wife and I are a team. We make decisions for OUR household with OUR income. Along with OUR kids, cars, animals, everything. Make for a better relationship that's for sure

Man I feel sorry for your wife. The old marriage vows used to say "and to all my earthly possessions I pledge"

My wife and I are a team. We make decisions for OUR household with OUR income. Along with OUR kids, cars, animals, everything. Make for a better relationship that's for sure
My EX-wife and I were a team; I earned the money working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and she spent it as fast as I made it, and then spent more, putting us in debt.

After our divorce, she got in trouble with the IRS three times by claiming 99 exemptions on her W-4, not paying any taxes or fines, declaring bankruptcy several times, being evicted three times for not paying rent, and winding up in jail for criminal trespassing - among other things.

I've worked for 50 years, paid for every penny of my daughter's education, medical bills, clothes, etc., until after she left college (my wife lied to me about here attending college so that I would continue paying child support after she quit going to college).

I put aside hundreds of thousands of dollars in retirement funds so my daughter would have something to retire with. I have also spent as much on my personal property and real estate, all of which will go to my daughter when I pass.

I could go on and on, but you probably get the gist of where I am going with this.

If I ever have a SO again, she will have her own income and her own accounts and I will make it clear as to why. You'll forgive me if I have very strong opinions about financial independence and responsibilities, especially in a marriage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top