JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IM lengthy internet gun buying experience (and that runs to 20 years and about 200 guns):

If they keep their toes out of the picture, they are ahead of the game.

Yes, the standards are that low.

It's good, but you should study the works of @chickenman if you wish to be outstanding.
His ads are hotter than a SUPREME drop.
All I can think is
this glock here will bring you the peanut butter to complete the sandwich to your limp wristing jam game.

If you need a gun to hide in your diaper genie from the potential ATF raid here's the perfect gun for you.

state of the art in getting gamers and Twitter dickgirls wet is a glock that failed the army trials harder then the kid pumping gas that wears baggy shorts!

ehh get my a bottle of Yukon jack i can rant better

This thread is PRICELESS! Bunches of non-supporting members whinin' about the difficulties they have to deal with, on the classifieds the supporting members pay for??
CRY ME A RIVER, BEOTCHES!
Just my humble opinion, of course.

DKmSHIhXcAApMTL.jpg

Look, Im not trying to shamelessly plug my own ads, but i just posted three guns for sale in the classifieds. Example being a Peanut buttter colored Glock 19X. You tell me if you think the picture quality/creativity helps? ;-).

View attachment 1485568
Honestly, I'll take the peanut butter. ;)
GLWS

Personally, I think a gun ad should include as much individual emphasis and testament as can be conveyed, within reason.

For example, I recently sold a Beretta 92F I had for decades, and I included a picture of a unique personal situation where I bonded with it. It was very useful in sealing the deal. (And f* you, all over again, Hans)

0763C5D4-C0B8-460E-9D1E-2331551B6922.jpeg

Even with photos, good descriptions, the other side of the equation in a lot of tire kickers. That and on occasion, deal done buyers, that just flat out ghost the seller. The new format for posting pictures, at least for me as a supporting member, is very easy. No more 3rd party hosting site, copying links into ads. Just straight upload. Not that anyone is really buying right now. I see a lot of seller ads just sitting there.

If they want more photos they are always a tire kicker..well 99.99% at least in my 14 years of experience. If your actually looking for something you'll hunt down the seller if you need fine details. Like how many deer hairs are stuck in the stock an how copper fouled is that 1940s surplus rifle..

If they want more photos they are always a tire kicker..well 99.99% at least in my 14 years of experience. If your actually looking for something you'll hunt down the seller if you need fine details. Like how many deer hairs are stuck in the stock an how copper fouled is that 1940s surplus rifle..
Agreed. If I'm looking at something I want to buy, I have no issues opening a dialog with the seller ro get more pictures and or info.

Agreed. If I'm looking at something I want to buy, I have no issues opening a dialog with the seller ro get more pictures and or info.
I don't know? Some of the attitudes of wanna-be sellers? Makes you wonder if they even know about their own gun? But then I have eclectic tastes in firearms and tend to the somewhat out of the norm bang-sticks. The people I've bought from have ads that draw a person in with finesse and tend to not leave a person wondering so much about the gun in the ad.

Years back there was an ad on ifish for a Remington 870 Express shotgun.......with no pictures in the listing and a very fair price of $175.

So, of course, someone asked for pictures. The OP responded publicly "Close your eyes and make a mental image of every 870 Express ever made. That is what it looks like."

It sold that day.

-E-
BUT, But, but...........of course, there is that "other side".
Yup........where the horror stories abound.

Aloha, Mark

Seems like not all that long ago I was reading the ads in the 'sporting goods' section of the local fish wrapper, calling the person, meeting up FTF to deal, trade etc. in a much more of a personal sense, without all the paranoia and 'technicalities' I am seeing now.

Heck, even in the 'early' days of the internet with dedicated ad sites (not forums) it was still a better experience.

Even up to SB 941 I was having some good experiences but 941 was really the 'turning point', in my opinion.

Same guys who can't get their money back (and then some) on a current production garden-variety rapid-fire stump killer are the guys who claim firearms are not a good investment.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews