JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wouldn't that be more of a reply that lacks effort than an ad that lacks effort? BTW, I used the "if only you were closer" this week, now I feel dirty, LOL
I'm not sure if I've used that, but I've wanted to say it a time or three. It doesn't seem like an unreasonable response to an ad to me though? Something at a decent price, with shipping added, can easily put the price over what a person wants to pay.

typically Unless it's something on my bucket list which is complete these days ,

Or a deal thats really in my favor I just go to the next ad

My favorite: "If only you lived closer"
I can see where this is just a reason to pass on a deal so not really needed to say. But it is a thing these days. How much fuel and time am I willing to expend on said deal and what if it takes two trips to the FFL are questions I ask myself. Long gone are the days of meeting half way at a Calbelas parking lot for the legal purchase.

I'm not sure if I've used that, but I've wanted to say it a time or three. It doesn't seem like an unreasonable response to an ad to me though? Something at a decent price, with shipping added, can easily put the price over what a person wants to pay.
I don't remember ever using that response either but have thought it a whole bunch of times. I don't really see the harm in it. There is always the possibility the seller has relatives in a distant area, or travels for work, or... You just never know what could work out for doing a deal some distance away. I remember driving to Albany to sell a pistol many years ago, simply because the guy offered full price and I hadn't had a lot of other legitimate inquiries. Talking to the guy on the phone gave me confidence he wouldn't "no-show" me. That was pre-SB941.

The "Wish we were closer".....is very real for me.
I live much farther away / north from most folks here on the forum / classifieds.
Getting the time off to meet up...and as noted above having to make two trips...thanks to Washington's dumbazz 10 day waiting period for all firearm purchases....makes for a difficult buying / trading experience.
Andy

Last Edited:
I don't remember ever using that response either but have thought it a whole bunch of times. I don't really see the harm in it. There is always the possibility the seller has relatives in a distant area, or travels for work, or... You just never know what could work out for doing a deal some distance away. I remember driving to Albany to sell a pistol many years ago, simply because the guy offered full price and I hadn't had a lot of other legitimate inquiries. Talking to the guy on the phone gave me confidence he wouldn't "no-show" me. That was pre-SB941.
Heck, that ain't nuthin'! I told Wifey one afternoon that we were driving to Grants Pass to buy a low low mileage S&W no-dash 686. From a good member of the forum. Drove down early, met-up, bought the gun. Grabbed a motel partway back and took a scenic route home the next day. That was/is a FINE revolver. Another time drove to south Salem to sell a vintage $25.00 Berdan primer remover to a member.
We always try to take the scenic route.

Heck, that ain't nuthin'! I told Wifey one afternoon that we were driving to Grants Pass to buy a low low mileage S&W no-dash 686. From a good member of the forum. Drove down early, met-up, bought the gun. Grabbed a motel partway back and took a scenic route home the next day. That was/is a FINE revolver. Another time drove to south Salem to sell a vintage $25.00 Berdan primer remover to a member.
We always try to take the scenic route.
That was probably with Trump gas.....not biden gas!

That was probably with Trump gas.....not biden gas!
Well that's the thing. Driving became the cheapest, most enjoyable, thing to do during the rona era. That gun purchase was before all that, but I've always enjoyed driving. Some how I can't find much inexpensive fun around this pig sty, filled with lousy drivers, of a city. I know that, mid range, motel we got was probably about 50% lower than what they are now!

..thanks to Washington's dumbazz 10 waiting period for all firearm purchases....makes for a difficult buying / trading experience.
Andy
About two hours now, I've heard. A recent change.

Two hours instead of ten days for a pistol.

Two hours instead of ten minutes for a bolt rifle.

Bruce

About two hours now, I've heard. A recent change.

Two hours instead of ten days for a pistol.

Two hours instead of ten minutes for a bolt rifle.

Bruce
As of January 2024 all firearms sales in Washington will require a 10 day wait...
Some counties such as mine...are starting this waiting period early...oh goody. :rolleyes:
I just experienced with my last firearm purchase...about a month ago.
Andy

News release from Washington State Patrol:

Since we started conducting background checks on August 8, 2023 we have had over 19,000 background checks
submitted! We had 4430 submitted in September, but over 14,000 in October, as the last phase of FFLs started to
onboard and use SAFE. We have had a total of 318 denials.

Our highest submission day, so far, was October 27 th, when we had 793 checks submitted. This is expected to climb to
around 1800/day when everyone is using SAFE.

Our implementation plan assumed a 'lights out' auto‐adjudication rate of 35%...we are at 38%. Every one of those,
means the fastest possible background check we can deliver. Our records so far: Proceed – 56 minutes (on a handgun,
no less!). Deny ‐ 1 minute 12 seconds.

Bruce

News release from Washington State Patrol:

Since we started conducting background checks on August 8, 2023 we have had over 19,000 background checks
submitted! We had 4430 submitted in September, but over 14,000 in October, as the last phase of FFLs started to
onboard and use SAFE. We have had a total of 318 denials.

Our highest submission day, so far, was October 27 th, when we had 793 checks submitted. This is expected to climb to
around 1800/day when everyone is using SAFE.

Our implementation plan assumed a 'lights out' auto‐adjudication rate of 35%...we are at 38%. Every one of those,
means the fastest possible background check we can deliver. Our records so far: Proceed – 56 minutes (on a handgun,
no less!). Deny ‐ 1 minute 12 seconds.

Bruce
Again...the law goes into effect January 2024...some counties are starting the 10 day wait early.
Andy

just like pube hair.
Respectfully/technically, it's ALL "Pubic Hair". You aren't born with pubic hair. It grows when a person goes through puberty. Therefor, "Pubic Hair".

This concludes today's free lesson on physiology.
Thank You for attending!

Edit: I am not really as smart as I try to sound.

As of January 2024 all firearms sales in Washington will require a 10 day wait...
Some counties such as mine...are starting this waiting period early...oh goody. :rolleyes:
I just experienced with my last firearm purchase...about a month ago.
Andy
I don't know if caliber is an issue but I walked out in 10 minutes of payment with.22LR Bolt action about a month ago…. Kent area of residence King county both locations

@eustace_stelio What has become of my rant? 😂 If she's willing to pay, I'll wax everything from my shoulders to my toes. Then I can 100% blame her for always clogging the shower and sink with her gottdam (<attempt at avoiding "Bubblegum") hair.

I don't know if caliber is an issue but I walked out in 10 minutes of payment with.22LR Bolt action about a month ago…. Kent area of residence King county both locations
The caliber doesn't matter...the law takes effect in January.
However....some counties , Skagit among them have started the 10 waiting period early.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR