JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True, but the best way to slow the tide is don't buy it and feed the coffers for additional R&D, advertising and further proliferation. Low demand also discourages other companies from joining the bandwagon.

We can be our own worst enemies... financing proliferation being one.

Purely from a financial standpoint... $1500 sure seems like a heavy price tag for a limited lifetime nightstand queen, IMHO.

I'll wait till the black hats from DefCon get their hands on it before rendering judgement. If it's not remotely hackable (a bad guy would need to plug it in to hack it), I'd probably try it out. It's not a duty gun by any means, but it may be adequate for bedside use. It's definitely not going to replace everything else I have, but it's a neat concept, and seems to be executed better than the other smart gun concepts that have been tried previously. I think we'll probably get to a point eventually where user recognition tech is near instantaneous and poses about as much risk of mechanical failure as non-smart guns.

People who are new to guns sometimes want psychological reassurances of safety. It's why some people carry with an empty chamber or insist on having a gun with a manual safety. Generally once they get more comfortable with guns, the need for those reassurances goes away, kinda like training wheels on a bike. I see this as part of that same thing. Overall if it helps further normalize the idea of having a gun in the home for personal protection, and gets even more people to become gun owners, I see it as a good thing.

As for smart technology being mandated by law, it's possible but not likely to succeed in legal challenges following the Bruen decision. Granted all of that may turn on it's head when the makeup of the courts shifts again, so we'll just have to wait and see how it shakes out. Rallying against the development of new tech is like trying to stop the tide from coming in - you can't fight it, you have to redirect it to where it will have the least negative impact.
Those ring cameras and similar wireless security systems are easily defeated with DOS attacks.

Those ring cameras and similar wireless security systems are easily defeated with DOS attacks.
Yup. Anyone can buy a deauthor device from amazon for about 30 bucks... causing wireless devices to continually disconnect from networks.

This handgun wouldn't be suseptible to something like that, but if they become common, it's only a matter of time before someone figures out something similar... either shutting them down remotely... or being able to force a reset for reprogramming.

I think it's possible to make them immune, but I doubt they can do it in a limited form factor like a handgun... and likely not at a price point anyone in their right mind would be willing to pay.

Yup. Anyone can buy a deauthor device from amazon for about 30 bucks... causing wireless devices to continually disconnect from networks.

This handgun wouldn't be suseptible to something like that, but if they become common, it's only a matter of time before someone figures out something similar... either shutting them down remotely... or being able to force a reset for reprogramming.

I think it's possible to make them immune, but I doubt they can do it in a limited form factor like a handgun... and likely not at a price point anyone in their right mind would be willing to pay.
Also, if they're drop-in parts, they'll be just as easy to take out. A wireless blocker that hits all frequencies works disrupt anything wireless.

First ask yourself how that technology is working on your cell phone. If your phone is like my iPhone, it is not 100% reliable to even open the phone without having to input a pass code instead.

On a firearm? Hard pass!
My 'smart phone' accidentally bought a ukulele.

I wonder what sort of silliness a 'woke pistol' could get up to?

It looks to me like the geniuses of the Left are trying to make guns "safe" - but guns are dangerous tools by design. Next, they'll be over-engineering knives, so nobody can get cut.

Also, if they're drop-in parts, they'll be just as easy to take out. A wireless blocker that hits all frequencies works disrupt anything wireless.
Swap in a bootleg circuit board bypassing authentication? I could see that.

If the idea doesn't take off I doubt it though. Unless it only requires a high school ed to do it I highly doubt it though. It's not worth the effort when so many other firearms are more easily accessible.

A black market for stolen smart guns hacked to be reprogrammable for a new user? That I can see.

Swap in a bootleg circuit board bypassing authentication? I could see that.

If the idea doesn't take off I doubt it though. Unless it only requires a high school ed to do it I highly doubt it though. It's not worth the effort when so many other firearms are more easily accessible.

A black market for stolen smart guns hacked to be reprogrammable for a new user? That I can see.
I mean if they try to legislate that all guns have it. There's hundreds if not thousands of different guns on the market. How many on here have assembled their lower receiver? Or detail stripped a gun?

Ian's opening words in the vid really confused me:
'A really cool piece of actually new firearms technology'

Also he seemed somewhat enthusiastic about it throughout the vid.

Bottom line is this is a 'gun' only in the most remedial definition of the term. More like a 'device' that is intended to fire ammo only under the right circumstances.

And if I correctly interpret the 'niche' or 'target' market for this it will be fired minimally, rarely (if ever) and will most likely become forgotten, hidden away and if ever actually needed will probably not work due to a multitude of reasons.

My 'smart phone' accidentally bought a ukulele.

I wonder what sort of silliness a 'woke pistol' could get up to?

It looks to me like the geniuses of the Left are trying to make guns "safe" - but guns are dangerous tools by design. Next, they'll be over-engineering knives, so nobody can get cut.
They have already...
With box cutters and scissors with safety switches and plastic guards all over them😒

It looks to me like the geniuses of the Left are trying to make guns "safe"
What they are trying to do is to 'morph' the gun into something other than what we have come to know as a traditional firearm.

Turn it into into something less recognizable, more hi tech, and detract from it's primary, basic design with the eventual goal of becoming a 'disposable' device.

Make no mistake about it, they know what they are doing with this.

I think physically locking the actuator (or whatever device enables the trigger) in the on position would be much simpler.
There is no linkage between the trigger and firing pin. A trigger pull just sends a signal to activate an electonic servo. Makes you wonder what kind of trigger feedback there might be... or not, hu.

There is no linkage between the trigger and firing pin. A trigger pull just sends a signal to activate an electonic servo. Makes you wonder what kind of trigger feedback there might be... or not, hu.
I wonder if a random signal from a garage door opener or key fob might cause the gun to fire.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top