JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like someone without hands would be barred from using something they own and that an infringement. I know it sounds stupid, it's still your right to own and be able to operate a firearm, even if your body says you can't. I was an official witness to a designated form filler for a blind man at Cabela's buying a rifle. Just because he can't see doesn't mean he can't own it.

Nope, I would not trust it. But once it is available, the anti's will pass laws requiring it on all firearms. They tried in the past, but none existed so they could not require it.
I prefer the Minority Report 9mm, that senses a perp and automatically aims.

I'm of the era that was told computers were going to make life sooo much better. I'm sure in some aspects they have but in general I'd say maybe not. It sure seems like handing some cash money for a purchase and getting change counted back was easier and faster than insert card, the other way, ok lets try swiping, club card or phone number so they can track my purchases and finally would you like cash back and what's your super secret pin number.

Nope, I ain't buying into programing my guns, no way, no shape or form. What happens when they get a sun spot, glitch or something like they decide you've shot enough rounds this month and the turn the gun off.
It's just like the push for the electronic funds banking system, that way the government can track what you buy and when even more easily than they do now. Furthermore they could deny a purchase or deny you your own money entirely. In the end if they control your money whenever they want, they control your life completely. And I believe this is the whole reason they're pushing it, control our lives and make us utterly dependent. Denying the public to own firearms is just the final major step they are trying to push through.

On a very serious note, anything electronic can be overwhelmed by strong electromagnetic interference (EMI). For example, certain localities in some urban areas are so saturated with interfering signals that automobile "remote" fobs won't function. In the worst of those neighborhoods, modern (electronic-dependent) automobiles won't even start (means getting inside the car is just half the problem).

Good protection from EMI involves added components for bypassing & shielding, but that's added weight & bulk which isn't at all appealing to handgun owners.

Although really robust EMI hardening is possible, we'd have to cast aside "serious note" to contemplate a handgun holster that would accommodate a Faraday cage.

It's just like the push for the electronic funds banking system, that way the government can track what you buy and when even more easily than they do now. Furthermore they could deny a purchase or deny you your own money entirely. In the end if they control your money whenever they want, they control your life completely. And I believe this is the whole reason they're pushing it, control our lives and make us utterly dependent. Denying the public to own firearms is just the final major step they are trying to push through.
What's scary about that too is it's getting one step closer and providing the means to enact things like China's social credit system.

I heard they put AI technology in it and when you pull the trigger it says, "I don't know Dave, are you sure you want to do this?"

4BE3B956-68DF-456F-8F28-F4961F5057D8.jpeg

What about California's gun roster. I don't see this thing passing the drop test. Electronics don't like being dropped on concrete. But knowing CA, they will probably put a pillow down for this one to drop on.

On a very serious note, anything electronic can be overwhelmed by strong electromagnetic interference (EMI). For example, certain localities in some urban areas are so saturated with interfering signals that automobile "remote" fobs won't function. In the worst of those neighborhoods, modern (electronic-dependent) automobiles won't even start (means getting inside the car is just half the problem).

Good protection from EMI involves added components for bypassing & shielding, but that's added weight & bulk which isn't at all appealing to handgun owners.

Although really robust EMI hardening is possible, we'd have to cast aside "serious note" to contemplate a handgun holster that would accommodate a Faraday cage.
Which begs the question: Does it fail to the Safe or Fire position?

I like it, and it makes a LOT of sense for folks concerned with speed of access but in a household with others that might not be so safe/trustworthy. Revolvers were once considered "too high tech and advanced", I suspect one day this technology will be commonplace too.

Hopefully they work out the bugs in the mechanical system, that seemed to have issues.

Which begs the question: Does it fail to the Safe or Fire position?
I would guess safe since the firing mechenism isn't mechanically interlinked but electronically controlled. Makes you wonder how a person is going to be able to feel the trigger break for good shot placement... if there isn't any mechanical feedback, hu.

An electronic failure though would seem to make it entirely incapable of defaulting to anything but dead.

Interesting idea, but with all that RF related malarkey inside, I wouldn't trust it and like most electronics, there's a planned obsolescence factor that comes into play. I want something that will go bang when I need it to when the stuff hits the fan. There's also the potential for hanky panky by way of big brother exploiting such technologies.

Interesting idea, but with all that RF related malarkey inside, I wouldn't trust it and like most electronics, there's a planned obsolescence factor that comes into play. I want something that will go bang when I need it to when the stuff hits the fan. There's also the potential for hanky panky by way of big brother exploiting such technologies.
Good point. I've got a shotgun that's over 100 years old. It will still run just fine in another 30. No way that wokepistol will.

I'll wait till the black hats from DefCon get their hands on it before rendering judgement. If it's not remotely hackable (a bad guy would need to plug it in to hack it), I'd probably try it out. It's not a duty gun by any means, but it may be adequate for bedside use. It's definitely not going to replace everything else I have, but it's a neat concept, and seems to be executed better than the other smart gun concepts that have been tried previously. I think we'll probably get to a point eventually where user recognition tech is near instantaneous and poses about as much risk of mechanical failure as non-smart guns.

People who are new to guns sometimes want psychological reassurances of safety. It's why some people carry with an empty chamber or insist on having a gun with a manual safety. Generally once they get more comfortable with guns, the need for those reassurances goes away, kinda like training wheels on a bike. I see this as part of that same thing. Overall if it helps further normalize the idea of having a gun in the home for personal protection, and gets even more people to become gun owners, I see it as a good thing.

As for smart technology being mandated by law, it's possible but not likely to succeed in legal challenges following the Bruen decision. Granted all of that may turn on it's head when the makeup of the courts shifts again, so we'll just have to wait and see how it shakes out. Rallying against the development of new tech is like trying to stop the tide from coming in - you can't fight it, you have to redirect it to where it will have the least negative impact.

Rallying against the development of new tech is like trying to stop the tide from coming in - you can't fight it, you have to redirect it to where it will have the least negative impact.
True, but the best way to slow the tide is don't buy it and feed the coffers for additional R&D, advertising and further proliferation. Low demand also discourages other companies from joining the bandwagon.

We can be our own worst enemies... financing proliferation being one.

Purely from a financial standpoint... $1500 sure seems like a heavy price tag for a limited lifetime nightstand queen, IMHO. I guess you cross your fingers too that the company succeeds. If it fails... good luck ever getting addtional proprietary mags, parts or batteries for it. Forget about local gunsmithing services as well.

Why do i keep thinking of the 1973 movie Westworld, and their super safe revolvers where the battery dies at the most inopportune time?
Maybe that's where current movie writers always make the cell phone battery die at a critical moment.

Electronic safety, whether hackable or AI Skynet enabled, is another battery to goof around with and ensure it's not dead from time, cold or moisture. No thanks.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top