JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun deals outside of NWFA...?
Same as always....

Gun shops...
Gun Shows...
Buying / trading between friends....

And yes I know that "deals" mean many different things to different people....
And that buying or trading legally is far more difficult to do nowadays.

In any event....
Keep your eyes and ears open for gun deals....
As well as keeping your mouth shut about the details....
May be of use here.
Andy
1671642670942.png

Sorry this is off-topic but -

I THINK IT SUCKS that we're all getting so afraid of what we type, what we do; having to couch everything in careful language so as not to 'trigger' someone's suspicions.... WTF happened to freedoms? Not law-breaking freedoms - just "Hey, I wanna buy a gun" - or - "Hey, I wanna sell a gun" sets off so much freakin paranoia and BS that you'd think someone used the wrong pronouns or something!! GRRRR...

Ok, sorry for the interruption.
/rant.

I THINK IT SUCKS that we're all getting so afraid of what we type, what we do; having to couch everything in careful language so as not to 'trigger' someone's suspicions.... WTF happened to freedoms? Not law-breaking freedoms - just "Hey, I wanna buy a gun" - or - "Hey, I wanna sell a gun" sets off so much freakin paranoia and BS that you'd think someone used the wrong pronouns or something!! GRRRR...

/rant.
TRUTH !!

/rant.
Seems like you are only free to speak about what you identify as and complain or sue because they do not accommodate you with a litter box at work !

/rant.
I'm not afraid of anything I type here.

Actually, I'm seeing a lot of deals, right here, going completely un-sniffed.

I think folks, for a combination of reasons, aren't buying.
The deals will get better when'/if the permit to purchase system begins. If I was planning on getting a permit, I would wait but the purchases I make between now and March will be my last FFL required purchases in Oregon.

For those who do get a permit, your competition will be sparse. I do expect a lot more members will get the permit than the poll suggested but it will be small fraction of the buyers out there now.

The economy is going to falter this coming year as well. Sellers will be looking back at 2022 as a good year.

The deals will get better when'/if the permit to purchase system begins. If I was planning on getting a permit, I would wait but the purchases I make between now and March will be my last FFL required purchases in Oregon.

For those who do get a permit, your competition will be sparse. I do expect a lot more members will get the permit than the poll suggested but it will be small fraction of the buyers out there now.

The economy is going to falter this coming year as well. Sellers will be looking back at 2022 as a good year.
It might be the Permits can be obtained even before a ruling is made as to Constitutionality.
Top paragraph of page 8 on that Joint Status Report -

"For these reasons, the Court should enter Defendants' proposed stay (Ex. 1), which addresses only Measure 114's permit requirements. In addition, Defendants understand the Court's current order to bar enforcement of the permit-to-purchase requirement, but that it does not enjoin the provisions of Measure 114 that allow permits to be issued, nor does it prohibit other administrative preparations for the implementation of the permit-to-purchase requirement."
(my bold)

Perhaps OR's theory is if enough folks go ahead and get their permits early - that that would support their position to issue them.

It might be the Permits can be obtained even before a ruling is made as to Constitutionality.

"For these reasons, the Court should enter Defendants' proposed stay (Ex. 1), which addresses only Measure 114's permit requirements. In addition, Defendants understand the Court's current order to bar enforcement of the permit-to-purchase requirement, but that it does not enjoin the provisions of Measure 114 that allow permits to be issued, nor does it prohibit other administrative preparations for the implementation of the permit-to-purchase requirement."
(my bold)

Perhaps OR's theory is if enough folks go ahead and get their permits early - that that would support their position to issue them.
The whole enchilada should be enjoined and prevented from being implemented.

I wonder how many people are putting themselves in debt to purchase guns? If anything, this panic will leave some people high and dry if this economy keeps going where it's going.
Never buy a gun you can't pay for, in cash, at least three times over. Been working for me pretty well.

Actually, I'm seeing a lot of deals, right here, going completely un-sniffed.

I think folks, for a combination of reasons, aren't buying.
Most likely most dont want to get caught in the que when the hammer drops on BGC needing a permission card, whenever that happens.

(my bold)

Keep in mind that both WA and OR want a REGISTRY. Permits is how they can do that easily. That is, force people to register to exercise their given right.

Why do they want a registry? So they know where the guns are, so they can regulate them. And if the regulations get tighter and tighter every year, they have several reasons they can force you to no longer own that gun (confiscate). WA already has a law on the books to do yearly background checks for gun owners (they have not been able to implement it yet because they do not yet have a registry).

If you sign up for a permit you are signing up on a registry for future enforcement and possible confiscation.

If they pass a gun control law, and shootings continue (which they will), then they need tighter laws next year is what they will say. This method will continue until the restrictions are so tight you can't legally own a gun. As Coilon Noir said, look at Canada, first it was a list of dangerous weapons banned, then the next year handguns were banned, then the next year hunting guns were/will be? banned.

They will do exactly the same here if we let them. If you are in WA I would suggest passing this along to your legislators and let them know! Also empower those groups on the front lines who are suing them by donating to the fight. Also VOTE and encourage other gun owners to do the same so they don't lose their rights.

Last Edited:

Precisely! The injunction does not restrict them from blowing taxpayer $'s continuing to build the infastructure or prevent people from voluntarily submitting themselves up for the registry. Or.. "application" as the woke call it... and it sure would strengthen their argument of public interest and support for it.

However, in an ideal world, any judge involved in the case would be obeying their oath of office. Meaning that it shouldn't matter based on strict scrutiny, but we all know that''s not a foregone conclusion.

There is no shortage of idjits and the just plain ignorant that will be "getting ahead of the curve" and applying. That's unavoidable, but I hope that if it's ultimately struck down that our side will be on point enough to request an order that all applicant records and registry entries be permanently destroyed... to save those people from themselves.

Last Edited:

There is no shortage of idjits and the just plain ignorant that will be "getting ahead of the curve" and applying. That's unavoidable, but I hope that if it's ultimately struck down that our side will be on point enough to request an order that all applicant records and registry entries be permanently destroyed... to save those people from themselves.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(Sorry...words escaped me :))

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews