JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where are some other places to look for local private firearm deals besides NWFA classifieds?

I have seen the "I pay cash for houses" signs all over the place. Maybe that tactic could reel in a deal or two on firearms? It might be a good way to repurpose campaign signs.

I saw a guy come in the other day and try to sell a Springfield XDS 9mm for $125. They wouldn't go over $100 so he left with it. I would have bought it for $125 in a second.

Bubba Bob's chicken and shrimp shack. Go to the rear door any time after 11pm. Knock 2 times, count to 5 then knock once more. Ask for a "bloody surfer chicken special with jalopeno gravy".

They'll hook you up.

I have seen the "I pay cash for houses" signs all over the place. Maybe that tactic could reel in a deal or two....
If you were serious, soliciting the general public like that would smack of firearms dealer for profit, of which you aren't licensed for.

Also, if you were serious.... my grandfather always used to hit the garage sale classifieds. Even if they were not advertising firearms he realized those folks might be more in the selling mood and presents an easy way to approach people (without coming off as a nutjob) and just ask, "you have any firearms you might be interested in selling?".

He got some good scores from folks not originally planning on it, but when asked... right?

Ton of continuous legwork and probably not worth it you're not into that scene as a whole, anyway. YMMV

Online? Other than the usual suspects, which are exlusively local... I got nothin.

"If you were serious, soliciting the general public like that would smack of firearms dealer for profit, of which you aren't licensed for."

Looking to buy not sell. I don't have any plans to get a permit to purchase, so I am trying to build up my collection as much as possible while the window is still open.

If you were serious, soliciting the general public like that would smack of firearms dealer for profit, of which you aren't licensed for.

Also, if you were serious.... my grandfather always used to hit the garage sale classifieds. Even if they were not advertising firearms he realized those folks might be more in the selling mood and presents an easy way to approach people (without coming off as a nutjob) and just ask, "you have any firearms you might be interested in selling?".

He got some good scores from folks not originally planning on it, but when asked... right?

Ton of continuous legwork and probably not worth it you're not into that scene as a whole, anyway. YMMV

Online? Other than the usual suspects, which are exlusively local... I got nothin.
I thought about trying estate saies that advertised firearms. I wouldn't feel to comfortable asking garage salers if they have firearms to sell. I would like to intercept sellers unloading them for peanuts. I have witnessed some people accept crazy low offers recently.

Looking to buy not sell. I don't have any plans to get a permit to purchase, so I am trying to build up my collection as much as possible while the window is still open.
I don't believe the alphabet would make any distinction. Just like "will pay cash for homes"... it's to be assumed they are not buying houses just because they need more for personal use. Purchasing for profit is the standard when you are soliciting/advertising to the general public.

They might not prevail in any charges, but they could still investigate, confiscate any firearms as part of their investigation and sure jam you up jumping though hoops.

Your life, your call, but something to look into and consider.

I don't believe the alphabet would make any distinction. Just like "will pay cash for homes"... it's to be assumed they are not buying houses just because they need more for personal use. Purchasing for profit is the standard when you are soliciting/advertising to the general public.

They might not prevail in any charges, but they could still investigate, confiscate any firearms as part of their investigation and sure jam you up jumping though hoops.

Your life, your call, but something to look into and consider.
Might need to revise my sign to say "Want To Buy A Firearm"

Might need to revise my sign to say "Want To Buy A Firearm"
Just be careful. I know Bubba Bobs chicken and shrimp shack offers delivery. Bait the hook and you never know what you might catch.

To each their own, but I don't see how the wording of it on your sign makes any difference if the intent it conveys is the same.

Just be careful. I know Bubba Bobs chicken and shrimp shack offers delivery. Bait the hook and you never know what you might catch.

To each their own, but I don't see how the wording of it on your sign makes any difference if the intent it conveys is the same.
You make it sound like want ads for firearms are suspect?

Screenshot_20221221-041108.png

You make it sound like want ads for firearms are suspect?
If pointing out some possible concerns to ponder over your idea hurt your feelings and you want to try and take it to an extreme to make it dramatic....

If you don't see a difference in posting advert signs around town with a phone number is a far cry different animal than posting a classified want ad within a small special interest forum... and dealings limited to a semi-vetted members only crowd... I can't help ya. ;)

Noone's approval is required and hope it works out for you.👍

I'd rather focus my efforts on pieces I really would want instead of advertising to buy any piece of crap available. Quality over quantity. Besides that, I'm way past being desperate for firearms.

I wonder how many people are putting themselves in debt to purchase guns? If anything, this panic will leave some people high and dry if this economy keeps going where it's going.

Gun deals outside of NWFA...?
Same as always....

Gun shops...
Gun Shows...
Buying / trading between friends....

And yes I know that "deals" mean many different things to different people....
And that buying or trading legally is far more difficult to do nowadays.

In any event....
Keep your eyes and ears open for gun deals....
As well as keeping your mouth shut about the details....
May be of use here.
Andy

Actually, I'm seeing a lot of deals, right here, going completely un-sniffed.

I think folks, for a combination of reasons, aren't buying.

I purchased a few Arisaka rifles with intact mums at a yard sale for $20 ea ! I also picked up a few rifles that people were throwing out in the trash this was in the 70's .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top