JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, what you are saying is, "everything is o.k. as long as the Federal Reserve keeps pumping billions every day to the banks" clearly you do not understand monetary policy or the history of the currency (the dollar).

This is not "the government's money" The government has no money ... it has only what it collects in taxes every day, every week, every month and every year from you and me. Or, what it manufactures out of thin air by leveraging your money and mine. Every time the Fed. prints new money those newly minted dollars immediately devalue every dollar in existance. Every time ! And it is still not "the government's money" it is your money and mine which we have given to it through taxation.

Currency devaluation also has another name "inflation". Each printed dollar makes all the other dollars worth a little less. Not long until it takes more and more of those dollars to buy the next thing you want because prices have gone up. Why? because everybody goes to the boss and asks for a raise because his salary isn't buying as much as it once did. So, the company has to increase prices to pay for the raises.... That's called a wage/price spiral... look it up... check what's happening in Argentina, or what happened in Germany when a loaf of bread cost a wheelbarrow full of worthless money.

This is why we oppose Joe and Pocahontas because they want to just give everything to everybody for free... it IS NOT FREE, it devalues what we have paid for, raising the price to us to pay for the free-loaders.

Anton is absolutely correct, to ignore or belittle his point makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

...We can see the hyperinflation already in food prices....

No where even close to hyperinflation in food prices. IMO.

Hyperinflation would be several thousand % price increase.

Which food/products specifically are you thinking of being hyper inflated? Is it opinion, or actual common market?

A particular affected sector? Bad harvest of some special product from some bubblegum hole country, as an example?

I have a Chase Amazon card: Earn Rewards | Amazon Rewards Card | Chase.com

Most cards, it varies by the purchase type and vendor. I buy a lot of stuff at Amazon so I like it. I used to have a Citi card thru Costco, but they went anti-gun so I cancelled it. Except for Costco merchandise, which I don't buy that often, I get the same rewards thru Chase - same for gas (which I get at Costco), less for merchandise at Costco.

Amazon is anti-gun too, but, I still use the Amazon card to get 5% off all my amazon stuff and set up my amazon smile account to donate to the second amendment foundation. ;)

Sweden has made a U turn on bond interest rates. They went back to positive. Perhaps, more European countries will follow?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....read more about it here : Sweden Retreats from Negative Interest Rate Experiment | naked capitalism
Negative interest rates might work once they go digital. Our checks would be direct-deposit, bills paid electronically, and through the fees the banks charge for these costless transactions they'll essentially go into negative interest rates. People will spend their money to buy things trying to preserve their wealth. No more savings = dependency on the state/banks.

It's remarkable how the world's private Federal Reserve banking system has been vacuuming people's wealth worldwide with one scheme or war after another and the people are left struggling to cope. In this great country of ours half of Americans don't have $400 for an emergency. Life is a daily struggle for too many.

And this Western Banking Empire has us at war with the handful of countries that remain free of them.

Remember the commercial from Capital One where they ask......

"What's in your wallet?"

Well......the other day, my son handed over a $100 in cash to me and asked me to electronically transfer the $100 to his account. I asked him, "Don't you need cash for walking around money?"

His response was, "No, I just use Credit Cards."

Jeez....what's the world coming to? :eek:

Aloha, Mark

Different world, huh? I'd rather have cash in my wallet.

It's a different world in a lot of ways. Younger people in general are more comfortable with invasive technology, but not exclusively. We were visiting the in-laws recently, and my wife's step-mother excitedly told her about a phone app she wanted us to get. It would track our every move so she could see on her phone exactly where all her kids and grandkids are at all times. My wife said absolutely not.

My daughter then proceeded to show me on my phone how it had already been keeping track of my every move for years (and how to turn that off). I have nothing to hide, but dang it, is nothing private anymore?!

My daughter then proceeded to show me on my phone how it had already been keeping track of my every move for years (and how to turn that off). I have nothing to hide, but dang it, is nothing private anymore?!

You can't turn it off. As long as your phone is communicating with a tower (anytime you have service), your position is recorded and those records are kept forever.

Essentially, some people's entire lives movements can be mapped out.

Remember the commercial from Capital One where they ask......

"What's in your wallet?"

Well......the other day, my son handed over a $100 in cash to me and asked me to electronically transfer the $100 to his account. I asked him, "Don't you need cash for walking around money?"

His response was, "No, I just use Credit Cards."

Jeez....what's the world coming to? :eek:

Aloha, Mark

I was doing some media work at a fire scene a ways out of town this last summer. These two fire interns (20ish) came by and asked me if there was an ATM close by. :eek::eek: Why sure, we are about 60 miles out of the closest town, and the local food and drink provider did not accept cards, only cash. They were wondering how they were going to get anything to eat and drink since the fire kitchen had not been set up yet.

I called them over and in my most smart azz old man way, lectured them on being prepared and that their dependence on ATMS and cards, was now putting them in a position of not being able to effectively do their jobs. The I handed each of them $ 20, and told them to get what they needed, and to make damn sure that that $ 40 was waiting for me at the front desk of their station in 4 days. They looked as I was getting it out of my wallet, and I said, yeah, I got about $ 400 in there right now and that is pretty much my daily walking around money. They just could not understand that idea.

But I was not hungry or thirsty, had a full tank of gas, a cooler with drinks and a bag of packaged snacks.

If you'd have told people a generation ago that sometime in the near future, nearly everyone would carry a sophisticated tracking device that would record their every move, as well as a permanent record of thoughts, views, and activities, and do so voluntarily; they would call you a crazy, tinfoil hat, lunatic.

If the day ever comes where someone invents truly intelligent AI, the masses will be very easy to completely control. And I dare say the majority seems completely fine with that. My coworker says he longs for the day when private transportation is outlawed, and all you have to do is call up a self-driving car with your smartphone, for anywhere you want to go. Life will be so much easier.

I'm not a tinfoil hat type at all, but it's a brave new world.

If you'd have told people a generation ago that sometime in the near future, nearly everyone would carry a sophisticated tracking device that would record their every move, as well as a permanent record of thoughts, views, and activities, and do so voluntarily; they would call you a crazy, tinfoil hat, lunatic.

If the day ever comes where someone invents truly intelligent AI, the masses will be very easy to completely control. And I dare say the majority seems completely fine with that. My coworker says he longs for the day when private transportation is outlawed, and all you have to do is call up a self-driving car with your smartphone, for anywhere you want to go. Life will be so much easier.

I'm not a tinfoil hat type at all, but it's a brave new world.

Sheep get sheered, sounds like your friend says, "ba ah ah ah ah"

You can't turn it off. As long as your phone is communicating with a tower (anytime you have service), your position is recorded and those records are kept forever.

Essentially, some people's entire lives movements can be mapped out.
If you do not want to be tracked, remove your phones battery when you are not using it. They still track your every move when the phone is turned off, you have to remove the battery. Another useful tool is a Faraday cage. I own several. When My phone is not being used - it is caged. No radio signal can be sent or received in a Faraday cage. I got mine on Amazon.

If you do not want to be tracked, remove your phones battery when you are not using it. They still track your every move when the phone is turned off, you have to remove the battery. Another useful tool is a Faraday cage. I own several. When My phone is not being used - it is caged. No radio signal can be sent or received in a Faraday cage. I got mine on Amazon.

With many phones today, it is not so easy to remove the battery.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top