JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I traded a Ruger 10/22 for this mak90 about 8 months ago. It was NIB unfired, very nice, but I absolutely hated that thumbhole stock. Just ugly as sin to me. Anyway, I replaced the rear sight with a Mojo peep, the front post sight with a circle with crosshairs, put on a red Timbersmith stock set, and a 75 round drum mag. All I have left is the flash suppressor, it was supposed to arrive yesterday, but hoping it will show up today.

The stock set was a real pain in the *** to install! Had to do an awful lot of sanding to get it to fit right. Came out pretty though.

20130215_1319462_zpsb5ded7ec.jpg 20130928_095349_zps0a71f368.jpg 20130928_095313_zps0b3cd48a.jpg

Yeah, the stock set counts as three parts, flash suppressor will be one. If I use U.S. made magazines I am good, but will have to change out the trigger group otherwise. That will probably be the next thing I do. Hate to, though. The trigger on it is actually really nice.

Yeah, the stock set counts as three parts, flash suppressor will be one. If I use U.S. made magazines I am good, but will have to change out the trigger group otherwise. That will probably be the next thing I do. Hate to, though. The trigger on it is actually really nice.

Whoa! The factory trigger on a MAK-90 is far better than any aftermarket trigger you could get your hands on. I have always laughed out loud at those that replace MAK-90 triggers without looking into the fact that they are paying good money to downgrade their rifle.

I very much like the way the MAK-90 sporter stock fits to my shoulder. I do not like the actual thumbhole and I can't stand how heavy the stock is. Your furniture set is beautiful and somewhat reminiscent of the Ironwood stocks. I have always used Tapco collapsible stocks simply for how light they are(that they are $50-75 doesn't hurt, either.). I put an underfolder on one and it can actually be carried with a 30 round mag underneath my coat, with the barrel barely sticking up out of the collar. My concealed carry AK(that's a joke, of course.)!

My fightin' rifles are MAK-90's and Bulgarian AK74's. The Mrs. is very fond of her Saiga in 5.45x39. The MAK-90 is by far better than any AK I have ever come across(civilian AK's. The ones you come across in Afghanistan are an entirely different thing, good and bad.), regardless of price. Thicker metals in the barrel and receiver are a great thing.

Nice job with your MAK. I am going to look into that Timbersmith stock set. I had never heard of it prior to this.

Well the 10/22 was a one of one Oregon edition tribute rifle. It was made for the Field & Stream article written years ago for the "top 50 guns ever made." So it wasn't just a plain Jane. Still, I think it was a good trade.

Here is the website for the stock set. I don't think you can buy direct, but I got mine through Cheaper Than Dirt.com

TimberSmith - Premium Wooden Rifle Stocks (Powered by CubeCart)

I agree with you on the trigger, but don't really have a choice if I want to use my foreign mags.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top