JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I84 was awesome actually. stopped at pilot right outside of pendleton to fill up... got a couple "nice deer!" and thunbs up... stopped at dutch bros in the dalles and got a couple high fives from the girls workin there.

hahaha.it was more like the I-205 road show... i got tailgated from oregon city to I5 with brights on and flipped off by some liberal with an obama sticker on their volvo. i looked over once they got next to me to flip me off. they sped off. must not have liked my humanely harvested organic venison or somethin.

What do expect from a city that lines up to see flabby ugly naked people ride their bikes thru downtown once a year???:rolleyes:

IMG_2655.JPG
deer head soaking in 29% H2O2 for a euro mount!

Thx for info. I soak in cold water for 3 days, then pressure wash skull, then soak for 3 days light hydrogen peroxide, then dry in direct sunlight ( if possible ). Good to know where to find stronger mix.

Thx for info. I soak in cold water for 3 days, then pressure wash skull, then soak for 3 days light hydrogen peroxide, then dry in direct sunlight ( if possible ). Good to know where to find stronger mix.
i used the 3% before. it works and its cheap but the only caveat is it takes a while to get white... this is the first time i ever pressure washed a skull. SOOOO much easier!!! i soaked it in a bucket full of dawn soap and water for 2 days. now i put it in a plastic container with 16oz 29% peroxide with 32oz of water. im not a very good chemist so im assuming the dilution brings it down to about 8%-10% peroxide? either way as soon as i put it in i could see it turning white.

i used the 3% before. it works and its cheap but the only caveat is it takes a while to get white... this is the first time i ever pressure washed a skull. SOOOO much easier!!! i soaked it in a bucket full of dawn soap and water for 2 days. now i put it in a plastic container with 16oz 29% peroxide with 32oz of water. im not a very good chemist so im assuming the dilution brings it down to about 8%-10% peroxide? either way as soon as i put it in i could see it turning white.
I used to boil on barbecue for hours and tried pressure washing few years ago. What a difference! Have around 25 euro deer and elk mounts thru the years. I use permanent marker and write the year and location of hunt on each one. Looking at each one brings back the hunt and buddies that have passed on.

I used to boil on barbecue for hours and tried pressure washing few years ago. What a difference! Have around 25 euro deer and elk mounts thru the years. I use permanent marker and write the year and location of hunt on each one. Looking at each one brings back the hunt and buddies that have passed on.
man sorry to hear about your huntin buddies. im still a youngin at 28. my huntin buddies(minus my brother,25) are just barely 30-55yrs old im hoping they all have a while before they start passin on

Because you can just get your meat at safeway...where they make it...instead of killin innocent deers.

Daughter at 12 watched a few documentaries about where store meat comes from and has been a vegetarian for 7 years now because of it.

Man, I wish my old man had taught me how to hunt like his dad did...:oops:.

Now my kid thinks gun collecting leads to hunting - women???:confused:

(Except for the ones on this site of course:D).

Because you can just get your meat at safeway...where they make it...instead of killin innocent deers.
i wonder if theyd b!tch about how my parents get their beef...from my aunt and uncle after they grass feed them, slaughter, butcher... man it tastes good.

The funny thing about meat is this. If someone wants to throw hate on store meat and how it was handled, or how the animals are treated, pretty simple answer. We buy a half of beef from a butcher that gets his cows from a field down the road. They never see a feed lot. $1,200 for half a beef over here. They finish the beef the last 100 days in corn. Damn good meat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top