JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm curious if anyone could give at least some basic advice on access to deer hunting in the Wilson Unit? The unit maps aren't great and would like to know what kind of drive in access there is? Not looking for elk, just deer. I am not asking for someone's secret spot, just some help with what roads are not gated. Due to some health concerns with the spouse I didn't get the chance to do much scouting this year and haven't had any luck with finding much forest access around Mt. Hood/Govt. Camp, so I thought I would try the coast range.

Any advice on roads or access would be really appreciated.

Head to Tillamook.
North of town, head towards Kilchiss River County Campground. Bout a 1/4 mile before the campground, there's a bridge across the river. Take it, turn left, and follow the road back into the Tillamook forest. You can go for 29+ miles back there.

The Wilson is one of the most heavily hunted units in the state. For many reasons.
Access is easy.
Use OnX. Even the free version will help you locate public vs private.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top