JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guys that runs the butcher shop by me said to bury the head in the ground and let the bugs eat all the meat off. Never heard of that before. He said it might take a couple months but will be picked clean.

The guys that runs the butcher shop by me said to bury the head in the ground and let the bugs eat all the meat off. Never heard of that before. He said it might take a couple months but will be picked clean.
yeah it works. it stains it yellow though. i attempted to whiten last years buck skull in peroxide and it didnt work. i think i'll just pressure wash them from now on like i did with this years buck.

back from the dead... goin east tomorrow. will post results whether the hunts successful or not. still havent shot a deer around here yet. got awfully close the other day but no dice.

:D im excited

Good luck....btw I started this forum from the first pics of you and your "pain" picture ....you have a chessie smile :)

241de901d988c36852263ee7a07ff548.jpg

Good luck....btw I started this forum from the first pics of you and your "pain" picture ....you have a chessie smile :)

View attachment 394160
nah i just reaaaaaly had to crap after the whole situation transpired ha ha ha atleast thats what it looks like. i'll be sure to take a good'n this year... picture that is

or crap... somethin bout bein in the woods :D

:D:eek:

im hunting with my suppressed LR308 this year. 5round mag tho :(

anyone think its ok if i open up an old steel mag and shove a bunch of plastic in it till it only holds 5rounds?

6D8B0653-4C51-42E9-90CF-148B526A4899.jpeg

got me a little spike this afternoon!!

220yrd up hill shot.
handloaded nosler BT 165gr out of my suppressed LR308.

1st buck in camp, baby!!

View attachment 395027

got me a little spike this afternoon!!

220yrd up hill shot.
handloaded nosler BT 165gr out of my suppressed LR308.

1st buck in camp, baby!!
Nice little spike! More than I can say. Starting to weigh between a trip to the Keizer area or a trip out to the McKenzie unit for a late archery hunt. Any knowledge on the happenings of snow during November in the McKenzie unit? What has been your luck/experience near Keizer?
going out tomorrow to try and find a bear!
Good luck! Hoping to fill mine if I can on the same McKenzie hunt so fingers crossed and gear prepped for November 18th. All I gotta do is keep practicing with my bow!

Nice little spike! More than I can say. Starting to weigh between a trip to the Keizer area or a trip out to the McKenzie unit for a late archery hunt. Any knowledge on the happenings of snow during November in the McKenzie unit? What has been your luck/experience near Keizer?

Good luck! Hoping to fill mine if I can on the same McKenzie hunt so fingers crossed and gear prepped for November 18th. All I gotta do is keep practicing with my bow!

lots of private land in keizer area...ive had good luck hunting the willamette greenway. early morning and evening. im on private land tho.

mckenzie unit hunts well. the bucks are usually in rut late nov/early december. lots of places to road hunt/ spot'n stock there. when i bow hunt, that is where i hunt late season. matter of fact, the last buck my buddy killed there ran right up to him chasing a doe. 40yrd shot. i was there for fun while they hunted as i went rifle buck last year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top