JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stopped reading at "undulating".

:s0017: That's me. Shooting a deer. :s0114:

And everyone wonders where all the money is squandered that is extorted from their paychecks .
-
..." Like Buck 8917, this doe was remarkable for her get-up-and-go. Collared in Rothrock State Forest in January 2017, Doe 12866 was fitted with a vaginal implant transmitter that would notify the researchers when she gave birth ."
-
There are ( 26 ) Federal Grant Funding Agencies in the US .

https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/learn-grants/grant-making-agencies.html
-

Good article, but:

"In fact, Doe 12866's fawn, which the researchers collared and nicknamed Rose, died less than a month after she was born. Her saliva contained high levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which the research team has found to be strongly correlated with fawn mortality. "Stress level does a better job of explaining survival than how many predators are around," Diefenbach said."

Then:

"The blog posts also describe the work of the study's field crew, who bait and monitor the traps placed around the forest. Field technicians work in crews that collar and tag each deer, without relying on sedatives. One trick of the trade: Wear a hockey helmet to prevent injuries caused by an ornery animal.

"Hockey is the most brutal sport, right?" Diefenbach said. "We couldn't design anything better."

While one technician tackles and restrains the deer, the other fits the monitoring equipment, takes measurements and obtains a DNA sample."

I'm just speculating, but there could be a bit of sampling bias here. If I were a newborn fawn, I'd be stressed too if these dick heads did this to me. No joke.

One advantage of publishing in blog posts is there is no peer review. If I were reviewing these results for publication I would reject them without hesitation. In fact, I can't understand how this study proposal was approved in the first place:

"...the observer effect is the disturbance of an observed system by the act of observation."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top