JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
shot a nice 3x2 muley today

IMG_2645.JPG

riding a quad trail back to camp a buddy and i see 3 big bucks STANDING ON THE TRAIL. neither of us could function at this point. trying to get our rifles out of the rifle rack on our quads seemed impossible. two bucks crossed the west side of the trail while my deer stood there and watched while i got my rifle sling untangled out of the rack. once i got it out,he walked behind a tree... staring at me still. as soon as i raised up to shoot he booked it. i took a shot. i knew i missed, without a doubt. he went hoppin away in some 6ft manzanita...to the east. i backed out. my experience with deer is that they will try to get back with the deer they were just with. before we saw these deer, i remember there being a clearing off of the east side of the trail. i rode my quad 100 yards down the trail and bailed off into this clearing to find my deer climbing back uphill (and it was STEEP!!!) to go find his buddies. i flipped both scope covers up, zoomed in to 7x(not purposely, thats just where i twisted so i could get SOME magnification) took aim and squeezed the trigger. He folded, instantly. i waited about 30 minutes...got up to him, it was a heart shot. i would say about 80 yards no rest.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top