JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My GF and I would frequently go for the special......Taco Tuesday on 82nd Ave..... Place was called : Del Sol?

Well, they used to run a special. But, I don't know if they still do.

Aloha, Mark

In Portland, I have found the following places to be close to par with my favorites in San Diego.

Javier's Tacos on the corner of N. Lombard / N. Vancouver.
Ole Frijole on the corner of NE 42nd and NE Killingsworth.
Nuestra Cocina on SE Division & 12th (ish). <--- Note that this is super fancy tacos, not street tacos.

I usually use the flavor of black beans, and if they make their own spicy carrots as the "test"
If they pass those two, then I'm game for more adventurous food at those locations.

I know a lot of people say Taco Bell is the worst.

I know it probably isn't the best.

But it is MY favorite (the question was not which is the best, but which is my favorite) and here is why:

1) They make hard shell tacos the way I like them - crunchy, ground meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sauce. I happen to like that combo for a variety of reasons that are unimportant to anybody else.

2) Easy to find - ubiquitous.

3) Easy and fast to order and drive away.

YMMV

In woodland wa, I dont know.

Tacoma wa, los amigos restaurant on south tacoma way, its also attached to a grocery store.

South sound food truck, ruca taco truck

Chain, guaymas

Other locales, wherever you walk in and they speak broken or no english.

The taco truck at 185th and TV highway. Behind the Big Lots. The last one in the row of trucks. It's yellow IIRC. Bomb azz food!

The taco truck at 185th and TV highway. Behind the Big Lots. The last one in the row of trucks. It's yellow IIRC. Bomb azz food!

Some of those trucks put out some great food.

There's a carniceria in Independence that makes some good grub. I love their chorizo. Use eat there on a regular basis when I worked in the area. Killer taco and tortas.

Oh and their Chicharrón is :s0155:

Last Edited:
If anyone says Taco Bell I will Remember you in my prayers tonight.
Some of better tacos I have had are over here in Caldwell and nampa.
But that's where food being awesome ends in Idaho.
I'm
A foodie
And the west coast rocks for food!!
Portland is crazy fantastic!
I dearly miss good Chinese and seafood. And Italian.
New York winS with pizza and pastrami sandwiches and Italian

There used to be a place in N Portland off Lombard that was a complete dive. It looked like they closed, and were have moved out, but still running the kitchen. Sketchy to say the least. But they had some amazing mexican food. The tacos and burritos were awesome.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top